Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Rapien Podcast
Pretty good listen if you've never tuned into it before. Just search Locked on Bengals on TuneIn radio. Couple of quick takes from him is that Vontaze Burfict is about as fat as he could be going into training camp and that Chris Baker is in the greatest shape of his career. Love the Baker news but damn on Burfict. If Baker could return to his old form it would be huge for the D-Line. Burfict on the hand sucks. Last time he was suspended going into the season he was absolutely horrible. Marvin refused to play him in pre-season which set him back even more. I'm sure it will be the same this year. Have a feeling we won't be seeing much in the way of normal Burfict production. Hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
Which podcast? Link?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 04:23 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Pretty good listen if you've never tuned into it before.   Just search Locked on Bengals on TuneIn radio.   Couple of quick takes from him is that Vontaze Burfict is about as fat as he could be going into training camp and that Chris Baker is in the greatest shape of his career.   Love the Baker news but damn on Burfict.   If Baker could return to his old form it would be huge for the D-Line.   Burfict on the hand sucks.   Last time he was suspended going into the season he was absolutely horrible.  Marvin refused to play him in pre-season which set him back even more.   I'm sure it will be the same this year.   Have a feeling we won't be seeing much in the way of normal Burfict production.   Hope I'm wrong.

In another thread a couple days bac - BFritz21 saw him at a golf course.  BFritz- was Tez fat?
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 08:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Which podcast?  Link?

It's called Locked on Bengals.  Any podcast supplier carries it.  James can be annoying at times though.  Especially when he goes on a Blandy Dalton rant.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 10:26 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: It's called Locked on Bengals.  Any podcast supplier carries it.  James can be annoying at times though.  Especially when he goes on a Blandy Dalton rant.

I find the guy unbearable. The whole nickname thing where he thinks he is clever, is painful to listen to. 
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 11:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: I find the guy unbearable. The whole nickname thing where he thinks he is clever, is painful to listen to. 

Agree. He just annoys me for some reason. 

Also, Burfict was a bad signing. I said it once and ill stand by that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 10:26 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: It's called Locked on Bengals.  Any podcast supplier carries it.  James can be annoying at times though.  Especially when he goes on a Blandy Dalton rant.

Him and Mo act like Andy is the worst QB in the league. Im not a huge Andy Dalton guy but some of their takes are just bad. 
Reply/Quote
If I want to be depressed I could just become in favor of progress and never seeing it happen..  Which by the way is the Bengals motto right after the famous motto of the Bengals, "There's always next season! "
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

I've been meaning to tune into that.  My son says he has a regular contributor who's really good (forget his name, something like Goodwin?).   I like both he and Mo, but sometimes they go off on a tangent and stay there forever.   I'll check it out.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 08:38 AM)BengalD Wrote: In another thread a couple days bac - BFritz21 saw him at a golf course.  BFritz- was Tez fat?

I did not see him but I talked to people that did and they didn't say anything about him looking fat so I'm not worried about it.

Even if he is, he still has time to get his body into shape, so I have no worries.
Reply/Quote
Burfict when healthy and playing is an elite LB. I know he got paid big time but i rather have him on this squad than not.
Reply/Quote
Still high on Burfict and low on Baker. We'll see how it goes once the action is live. 
Reply/Quote

Thanks, I will dig it up.  I like James, but the Blandy thing is douchey.  I get it, you are in the media and would like more of a sound bite other than the same old thing Dalton mutters, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be dealing with the shit that Jameis Winston, Cam Newton,  or Turd Burgler seem to have in terms of drama surrounding them.  I will take my QB plain and focused on the field.  
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 11:15 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Burfict when healthy and playing is an elite LB. I know he got paid big time but i rather have him on this squad than not.

That’s just it. I know there are some who dislike Burfict but do we really want to face him on an opposing defense? I would be pretty nervous if that happened.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 11:15 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Burfict when healthy and playing is an elite LB. I know he got paid big time but i rather have him on this squad than not.

He doesn't play. So, theres that... 
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 10:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He doesn't play. So, theres that... 

You have confused Burfict with Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 11:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: I find the guy unbearable. The whole nickname thing where he thinks he is clever, is painful to listen to. 

Agreed. He is a worthless listen.... if he just stuck to Interviews and left his ill-informed opinion at the door it would be OK.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2018, 07:23 PM)MichaelWeston Wrote: Agreed.  He is a worthless listen....  if he just stuck to Interviews and left his ill-informed opinion at the door it would be OK.

Him and Mo are both awful. Mo literally just talks about his same point repeating it over and over and over again for 15min.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 08:48 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: You have confused Burfict with Eifert.

Over the past 4 years Burfict has played in barely over half the games. 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 12:25 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Over the past 4 years Burfict has played in barely over half the games. 

That's because he only played 5 games in 2014.  He played as many games last year as Eifert did the past 2.
Reply/Quote