Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Urban leaves to the Ravens - New QB Coach
He signed up to be the New Ravens QB coach.

Guess they like what He did with Sanu

James Palmer

Verified account

@JamesPalmerTV
2m2 minutes ago
More
#Ravens hired James Urban as their quarterbacks coach, while Greg Roman was promoted to assistant head coach
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:16 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: He signed up to be the New Ravens QB coach.

Guess they like what He did with Sanu

James Palmer

Verified account

@JamesPalmerTV
2m2 minutes ago
More
#Ravens hired James Urban as their quarterbacks coach, while Greg Roman was promoted to assistant head coach

Interesting....  Some here were complaining our young WRs were not developing quick enough...   Be interested to see who fills the spot
Reply/Quote
Definately blowing up our Offensive staff aren't we? Maybe Tj as our Wr coach?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Interesting....  Some here were complaining our young WRs were not developing quick enough...   Be interested to see who fills the spot

TJ?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Definately blowing up our Offensive staff aren't we? May Tj as our Wr coach?

That’s what I was thinking. T.J. maybe? Outside chance, but the guy was an excellent route runner, willing blocker, and still shows a willingness to associate with the team.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: TJ?

I wouldn't be mad...  has he shown any interest?
Reply/Quote
I'd give Housh an interview.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I wouldn't be mad...  has he shown any interest?

I know he was here last TC working with them as intern. Other than that I haven't heard him say he would like the job.
Reply/Quote
Hmm... Sad.

Well, bye.

Bring on TJ, why not??
Reply/Quote
Looks like Lazor is going to get to pick most of his assistant coaches.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You mean the two coaches who we knew would have outside options would end up leaving?
Shocked
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
[right][/right]

I'd have to think if you polled this board a year ago the best assistants would be Urban, Guenther and Simmons. 2 out of 3 are gone, that looks bad. Losing Alexander might make up for those two losses though.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Definately blowing up our Offensive staff aren't we?  May Tj as our Wr coach?

I'd love to see atleast one former Bengal on the staff so if we win a playoff game,they will get to experience it also.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:41 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'd love to see atleast one former Bengal on the staff so if we win a playoff game,they will get to experience it also.

We haven't had to much luck with, Kenny Anderson comes to mind. You're right though, it would be nice for once or twice for that experience!
Reply/Quote
Can we get the Ocho in here for Public relations?
Reply/Quote
If he's such a good WR coach, why is he going back to being a QB coach, particularly on a team that has struggled to organically develop its receivers?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 06:14 PM)N_B Wrote: If he's such a good WR coach, why is he going back to being a QB coach, particularly on a team that has struggled to organically develop its receivers?

I don't see anyone being bummed out about it
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 06:14 PM)N_B Wrote: If he's such a good WR coach, why is he going back to being a QB coach, particularly on a team that has struggled to organically develop its receivers?
QB coach is probably a more direct route to OC and in turn to HC.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Best of luck, James Urban! Hope you like seeing your QBs getting busted up by a relentless Bengals pass rush..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 06:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't see anyone being bummed out about it

There was some stuff from Dehner about him being well respected around the league. Another poster mentioned that he thought the board thought highly of him.
Reply/Quote