Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Urban leaves to the Ravens - New QB Coach
Steve Logan for QB coach! TJ wouldn't be a bad WR coach!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 11:57 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Does he have coaching experience?

You have to start somewhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 11:25 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Jon Kitna is easily the best choice to be the new QB coach. Former Bengal under Marvin, experience at the position, previously coached (albeit high school), and will probably come cheap.

Called it. He's interviewing today.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Kitna would be a interesting hire. Hopefully he's not being considered just because he's cheap.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: Kitna would be a interesting hire. Hopefully he's not being considered just because he's cheap.

I like it because he played like a more mentally tough Dalton during his career. Their stats are similar as well. He had a long career so he definitely has the knowledge. On paper he is the ideal QB coach IMO.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 07:10 PM)Benton Wrote: Hate to hear it. He's a good coach, and has produced some decent receivers. Personally I'm guessing he's a victim of Marvin's 'play the vet first' mantra.

This is my biggest problem with Marvin. 

Well, this and trying to sit on a small lead with an entire half to play. 

Would really like him if he just developed a killer mentality and played the best players. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Loved TJ as player but not sure if he is coaching material.

Would not hate giving him an opportunity to find out if more proven coach is not available.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:49 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Loved TJ as player but not sure if he is coaching material.

Would not hate giving him an opportunity to find out if more proven coach is not available.

If Merv is incapable of winning a playoff game, might as well give former players their first chance at coaching. Give them some coaching experience in a situation where what they do won't matter in the long run.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:16 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: He signed up to be the New Ravens QB coach.

Guess they like what He did with Sanu

James Palmer

Verified account

@JamesPalmerTV
2m2 minutes ago
More
#Ravens hired James Urban as their quarterbacks coach, while Greg Roman was promoted to assistant head coach

I liked Urban in the past but he was pretty disappointing this last season working with the Receivers.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: Kitna would be a interesting hire. Hopefully he's not being considered just because he's cheap.

(01-09-2018, 11:17 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I like it because he played like a more mentally tough Dalton during his career. Their stats are similar as well. He had a long career so he definitely has the knowledge. On paper he is the ideal QB coach IMO.

I would like this is as well. Kitna i am sure would be much better than Zampese ever was.
Reply/Quote