Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Wilder Jr.
Finished #5 in rushing in the Canadian Football League and his league leading 7.1 YPC was over a full yard ahead of #2 (William Powell 5.9).  He also added 531 yards receiving, but these numbers do not show how dominate he was once he became the starter.

Through the first 11 weeks of the season Wilder had 264 yards from scrimmage averaging 4.4 yds per rush and 6.6 per catch.  Over the final 6 games he had 1141 yds from scrimmage averaging 8.4 yds per carry and 11.9 per catch.

But he is under contract for two more years with the Argos and by then he will be considered too old to come back to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 12:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Finished #5 in rushing in the Canadian Football League and his league leading 7.1 YPC was over a full yard ahead of #2 (William Powell 5.9).  He also added 531 yards receiving, but these numbers do not show how dominate he was once he became the starter.

Through the first 11 weeks of the season Wilder had 264 yards from scrimmage averaging 4.4 yds per rush and 6.6 per catch.  Over the final 6 games he had 1141 yds from scrimmage averaging 8.4 yds per carry and 11.9 per catch.

But he is under contract for two more years with the Argos and by then he will be considered too old to come back to the NFL.

Wow, that's pretty damn impressive.  As a Seminoles fan, I wanted him to catch on with the Bengals.  I thought he would, honestly.  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yet, he seemed to do little to distinguish himself here. I thought that Tra Carson looked very good for the Bengals and he didn't get a shot, either.

I know very little about the Argos offensive style, but I can't help but think they likely spread teams out (evidenced by his receiving yards) and then pound them with pitches and draws to the 240 lb back.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 08:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yet, he seemed to do little to distinguish himself here.  I thought that Tra Carson looked very good for the Bengals and he didn't get a shot, either.

I know very little about the Argos offensive style, but I can't help but think they likely spread teams out (evidenced by his receiving yards) and then pound them with pitches and draws to the 240 lb back.

Always thought Tra Carson deserved more of a a shot.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 08:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yet, he seemed to do little to distinguish himself here. I thought that Tra Carson looked very good for the Bengals and he didn't get a shot, either.

No pitches; draws, yes, a very popular play in the CFL.

Closest they are IMO, would be Coryell , as Ray just chucks bombs all day.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote