Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Wright Out Again????
Realistically, it took 3 seasons (?) or 4 (?) before our #1 draft pick OL man from Alabama to play 14 games...and that was our #1 draft.

Any remember Stacey Andrews? He was another one of those players that just couldn't make it on the field for us.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The list of defensive players that didn't ever cut it in this thread is humorous. Just shows how hyped we get on these random preseason heroes.

My favorite hyped player was Chase Coffman. Man that guy was supposed to break all the records. I still blame Coach Hayes... that never ending criticism in the film room lol.

I got pretty hyped on Robert Sands too. Looked like Reggie Nelson, but nothing even close to Reggie haha.
Reply/Quote
Who's that?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 07:06 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Realistically, it took 3 seasons (?) or 4 (?) before our #1 draft pick OL man from Alabama to play 14 games...and that was our #1 draft.

Any remember Stacey Andrews? He was another one of those players that just couldn't make it on the field for us.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Stacy was a project pick. He didn't play college football until his senior year. Then he spent time learning behind Big Willie. He looked good when he filled in during 07. Got the tag in 08 and played just awful.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 05:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cody Core should be taking his spot now cause he can block down the field on ST's similar to Wright.

Has much better speed and size too for the deep ball in certain situations.

Exactly.  And one hidden dimension to Core's game is his ability to block.  That will pay dividends in the running game, that seemed to go a long while without breaking a long one.  
Reply/Quote
It's the preseason PUP, which means he can be activated as soon as he's medically cleared. Not sure there were any set backs after he ran some routes in individual drills during OTAs, but it offers some roster protection going forward should he be deemed not ready to participate. Basically a hard lesson was learned with Antonio Bryant way back when, so I think the team just makes sure to use the designations as early as possible to prevent any roster/financial problems in case of a flare up or setback.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 04:09 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Stacy was a project pick. He didn't play college football until his senior year. Then he spent time learning behind Big Willie. He looked good when he filled in during 07. Got the tag in 08 and played just awful.

then some stupid team paid him big bucks... tagging him was a huge mistake I understand we were trying to move to new guys but he was just bad...
Reply/Quote
No point to rushing anyone back from injuries when they're young and plenty of others who can step in while he gets ready. I wish I had a dime for every injury I ignored and went back to work with in my life.. Now at 57 they never go away.. oh well..I didn't have NFL health benefits either.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: then some stupid team paid him big bucks... tagging him was a huge mistake I understand we were trying to move to new guys but he was just bad...

We also tried to re-sign him after that disastrous 08 season. Marvin was ticked he left.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I was a Wright fan but yeah, I'm moving on...

Reply/Quote
What's Devin Hester doing these days

Reply/Quote
Just read he was cleared for practice.
Reply/Quote
Still time to move on guys?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
all clear!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 12:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Still time to move on guys?

Possibly. Depends how camp goes.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote