Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Jan. 1, 2024 twenty two states raise minimum wage + California $20 fast food in April
(12-29-2023, 08:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The issue with that is that if the only people working service jobs are under 18, nothing will be open during the day or after 9pm or so.

Yeah, and there's also just simply not enough of them to fill all the jobs.

I've actually been feeling more and more like a UBI is going to be needed sooner rather than later. Just enough to make up the difference between a 40-hour work week at minimum wage and what you need to survive. I'm not saying you should be able to support a family of 5 or have nice new luxury items or whatnot.... but I do believe if you work 40 hours a week you shouldn't be unable to afford basic housing and food. If two people are each working 40 hours a week, they should at least be able to house and feed 1 child on top of themselves.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 06:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We don't want to pay people, we don't want to have an adequate social safety net, we don't want to tax the corporations to pay for the pitiful social safety net required for the impoverished workers they higher and we subsidize for them, we complain about the amount of debt our society is burdened with...

Just seems like a lot of these problems are related in some way. I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote