Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(06-19-2023, 05:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't even know why we are bothering talking about the popular vote versus electoral college.  The GOP is currently under either spell or threat to refuse that the electoral college is even a representation of the will of the people, with no indication that is going to change any time soon. So as long as we have 2 political parties and one of them only believes the will of the people is served by their side winning it's all moot.

GOP in 2016 - You won the popular vote but the EC is what counts when it comes to selecting the president.
GOP in 2020 - It was rigged.

Gee, that whole "THE EC IS WHAT COUNTS!" thing lasted a grand 1 election before it got tossed out on it's arse...what changed?  Hmmm....

Actually I take it back, word is that the EC still counts as long as republicans can just send a handful of people to decide that the entire state really meant to vote for the republican candidate.

To answer the bold - Because Trump would never have even been president back in 2016 if it wasn't for the electoral college system.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 09:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: To answer the bold - Because Trump would never have even been president back in 2016 if it wasn't for the electoral college system.

And Gore wins in 2000, I know that but I mean as a means of discussion and debate the GOP doesn't even believe in the EC the second it fails to give them Trump.  1 of our 2 parties is comprised of voters who don't believe in democracy because it doesn't guarantee a GOP win.  Debating how to count votes or voter id laws and stuff like that seems outdated and quaint. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 10:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: And Gore wins in 2000, I know that but I mean as a means of discussion and debate the GOP doesn't even believe in the EC the second it fails to give them Trump.  1 of our 2 parties is comprised of voters who don't believe in democracy because it doesn't guarantee a GOP win.  Debating how to count votes or voter id laws and stuff like that seems outdated and quaint. 

I would go as far to say it's desperate.

If a party isn't having success standing on the beliefs they have, it might be time to adapt (some of) those beliefs so you still prioritize your most important ones while conceding on others.
It's cheap and wrong to try to game the system just to get what you want.

The ones I think Republicans really need to consider dropping are the socially conservative ones.
If they did that while still holding onto the fiscally conservative stances, I think they'd start seeing more support.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 10:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I would go as far to say it's desperate.

If a party isn't having success standing on the beliefs they have, it might be time to adapt (some of) those beliefs so you still prioritize your most important ones while conceding on others.
It's cheap and wrong to try to game the system just to get what you want.

The ones I think Republicans really need to consider dropping are the socially conservative ones.
If they did that while still holding onto the fiscally conservative stances, I think they'd start seeing more support.

They already went all in on the socially extreme conservatives.  Not one candidate is running away from the extremist social positions headlined so meanly by Ron DeSantis

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 10:33 AM)pally Wrote: They already went all in on the socially extreme conservatives.  Not one candidate is running away from the extremist social positions headlined so meanly by Ron DeSantis

Yea I know, and that's why they will likely continue to be in the minority when it comes to a nationwide level.

Socially conservative values are not of the majority anymore, and I doubt they ever will be again.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Another Jan 6er who didn't learn anything.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Taylor Taranto had guns, 400 rounds of ammunition in his van when he was arrested near Barack Obama’s home.<br><br>Donald Trump posted Obama’s address on social media. Taranto reposted it, then showed up.<br><br>Story with <a href="https://twitter.com/FionaGlisson?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@FionaGlisson</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AstroNOT?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AstroNOT</a> <a href="https://t.co/SX7qRQqq3Y">https://t.co/SX7qRQqq3Y</a></p>&mdash; Ryan J. Reilly (@ryanjreilly) <a href="https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1674867978104365063?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2023</a></blockquote> 
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote