Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness
(07-04-2023, 04:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: A higher number of whites may be in poverty...but not a higher percentage:

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/poverty-rate-by-raceethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D

AS of 2021.

But of course one the things that helped all in poverty, the Child Tax Credit, was roundly disliked by the gop and thus ended.  Mainly because republicans tend to vote against their own self interest it seems.

And just like loan forgiveness they will talk about all the poor whites being discriminated against but not want to do anything to help get them out of poverty either.

I tell you in terms of money what I was taught at a young age in business, you don't take %'s to the bank, you take $'s. It works the same was any percent. I stated more white people are in poverty (sheer numbers) and that is a fact.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I have got some news for folks in this thread: Those in power don't care about any of the poor people. Black, white, or any other racial categorization you can come up with. More white people are in poverty because there are more white people. A higher percentage of people in poverty are people of color because they have been restrained from creating intergenerational wealth since we (nominally) ended slavery. Efforts to prevent that creation of intergenerational wealth have also impacted poor white individuals, and this has been known since the Reconstruction Era, but those in power do not care. Poor is poor and we working folks don't hold the power. To keep us from recognizing this and banding together, they continue to foment this animosity based on race so those of us facing some of the same struggles don't come together and realize just how much those elected officials suck.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2023, 10:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I tell you in terms of money what I was taught at a young age in business, you don't take %'s to the bank, you take $'s. It works the same was any percent. I stated more white people are in poverty (sheer numbers) and that is a fact.

And as a percentage of the population more minorities are.  Any program that might help the poor will help more white people and and a larger percentage of black people.

And you would oppose it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 09:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: And as a percentage of the population more minorities are.  Any program that might help the poor will help more white people and and a larger percentage of black people.

And you would oppose it.

I don't oppose food stamps. I don't oppose welfare for those unable to work. The difference between liberals and me is I believe programs should be a hand out to help people up. Once they are, then they can support themselves. I don't believe in life long programs for anyone capable of supporting themselves but choose to be lazy and rely 100% on government assistance.

On the personal side, I have given employees money to buy a car to get to work. I have helped people manage their finances. I have helped people with loans with zero interest long pay back times. I believe in personally helping those in need. If everyone felt that way, the world would be a better place.

There are many people of all races born into poverty. The reason is their parents don't have a work ethic and as a result we see generations of families leaving on welfare. But, every person has a choice. They could do like many who work 2 and 3 jobs to get ahead. There is money to be made today, employers can't fill all the jobs. Restaurants are hiring at $18 to $20 an hour, but a person needs to be dependable and willing to work hard. There are many hispanics who work at least 2 full time jobs. Again, work ethic can dig you out of poverty or lack of work ethic can keep you in poverty.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 09:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't oppose food stamps. I don't oppose welfare for those unable to work. The difference between liberals and me is I believe programs should be a hand out to help people up. Once they are, then they an support themselves. I don't believe in life long programs for anyone capable of supporting themselves but choose to be lazy and rely 100% on government assistance.

On the personal side, I have given employees money to buy a car to get to work. I have helped people manage their finances. I have helped people with loans with zero interest long pay back times. I believe in personally helping those in need. If everyone felt that way, the world would be a better place.

There are many people of all races born into poverty. The reason is their parents don't have a work ethic and as a result we see generations of families leaving on welfare. But, every person has a choice. They could do like many who work 2 and 3 jobs to get ahead. There is money to be made today, employers can't fill all the jobs. Restaurants are hiring at $18 to $20 an hour, but a person needs to be dependable and willing to work hard. There are many hispanics who work at least 2 full time jobs. Again, work ethic can dig you out of poverty or lack of work ethic can keep you in poverty.

So close to getting it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 09:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't oppose food stamps. I don't oppose welfare for those unable to work. The difference between liberals and me is I believe programs should be a hand out to help people up. Once they are, then they an support themselves. I don't believe in life long programs for anyone capable of supporting themselves but choose to be lazy and rely 100% on government assistance.

[Image: John-F.-Kennedy-quote-about-responsibili...1a7796.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 12:07 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: John-F.-Kennedy-quote-about-responsibili...1a7796.jpg]

The Democratic party of JFK did a complete turn. JFK would be considered far right by liberals today.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 12:07 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: John-F.-Kennedy-quote-about-responsibili...1a7796.jpg]

[Image: DqE-Fw4XgAIngMS.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 12:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I agree to both speeches by both Great Presidents, so where is the Beef? As I eat a Wendy's burger.  

[Image: DqE-Fw4XgAIngMS.jpg]

[Image: John-F.-Kennedy-quote-about-responsibili...1a7796.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 12:34 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: John-F.-Kennedy-quote-about-responsibili...1a7796.jpg]

FDR was a better POTUS than JFK. He wins. Ninja

Edit: just saw your line there at the top. Your formatting was off. Was just pointing to the need to help people out, which is the government doing things for the people.

Reply/Quote