Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
It's official.
Today, 12/19/22, the Jan 6 committee has officially concluded their investigation and has recommended criminal prosecution for Trump, John Eastman, and others on:
- Obstructing an official proceeding
- Defrauding the United States
- Making false statements
- Assisting or aiding an insurrection

We'll see if the Justice Department chooses to take action on Trump or any of the others in the coming months.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And now we see how much the GOP really wants to move on from Trump and onto DeSantis.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 06:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And now we see how much the GOP really wants to move on from Trump and onto DeSantis.

Does it really matter if the GOP wants to or not?
I feel like it's now in the Justice Department's hands.
They can choose to press charges whether GOP supports him or not.
The only thing I can see mattering is if the GOP chooses to support him if/when he's not prosecuted.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 06:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Does it really matter if the GOP wants to or not?
I feel like it's now in the Justice Department's hands.
They can choose to press charges whether GOP supports him or not.
The only thing I can see mattering is if the GOP chooses to support him if/when he's not prosecuted.

I just assume if one of the two major political parties wants to make you immune from legal consequences, they can. 
Reply/Quote
I feel like its a game of chicken.

Very little chance DOJ prosecute him. Dems want him to run. GOP would love any excuse for him not to run, but dont have the stones to actually stand up to him.
Reply/Quote
You telling me the law and order party thinks it’s a bad idea to uphold law and order?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You telling me the law and order party thinks it’s a bad idea to uphold law and order?

They want punishments to be swift and severe, but Trump is clearly innocent and being framed so no conflict here.

Alas, I'd wager a major talking point of the 2024 GOP primaries will be "Will you pardon Donald Trump?" but Kevin McCarthy getting the nod to be speaker is going to turn the house into the "save Trump" branch of the government, isn't it?

Again, I just don't see the GOP being able to move on from this guy.  I envy anyone who thinks Trump will just release the party and move on, because they've clearly never had to deal with people like this in their own lives. 
Reply/Quote
6 years later and they're still trying to get him. What a waste of tax dollars.

If democrats spent half as much energy on actual issues instead of obsessing over trump then they would accomplish so much.

Unfortunately all we get is this bullshit.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 09:31 PM)basballguy Wrote: 6 years later and they're still trying to get him.  What a  waste of tax dollars.  

If democrats spent half as much energy on actual issues instead of obsessing over trump then they would accomplish so much.

Unfortunately all we get is this bullshit.

He tried to orchestrate a coup. That is the opposite of bullshit.

And if one half of relevant voters wouldn't be so stubbornly indifferent about that, maybe this could be over with already. True, there is obsession. But it's really the obsession of those who refuse to jettison Trump, not of those who try to get him for things no one should ever get away with.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 09:52 PM)hollodero Wrote: He tried to orchestrate a coup. That is the opposite of bullshit.

And if one half of relevant voters wouldn't be so stubbornly indifferent about that, maybe this could be over with already. True, there is obsession. But it's really the obsession of those who refuse to jettison Trump, not of those who try to get him for things no one should ever get away with.

Did he though? He was stupid on Jan 6 but to call that a coup attempt has always been a stretch. If it was one (which it wasn’t, it’s just a democrat pipe dream) then it’s literally the worst coup attempt in the history of our species.

Alas, I’m not here to rehash that as it was topic TWO YEARS AGO. Everyone has already made their opinions known on that and I know I won’t be winning any arguments on this biased forum :)

It’s all political posturing and nothing more.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 10:23 PM)basballguy Wrote: Did he though?  He was stupid on Jan 6 but to call that a coup attempt has always been a stretch.  If it was one (which it wasn’t, it’s just a democrat pipe dream) then it’s literally the worst coup attempt in the history of our species.

Alas, I’m not here to rehash that as it was topic TWO YEARS AGO.  Everyone has already made their opinions known on that and I know I won’t be winning any arguments on this biased forum :)

Well, it is a topic for two years because you and many others are just an immovable object on the issue. Probably to not give the liberals the satisfaction, yeah I think in the end it's just that petty really. But you're just wrong, based on unbiased facts alone.

For one, you hear Trump talking to the Georgia state secretary, asking him point blank to find him the exact number of votes he needs to win. And pointing out that it would be a huge risk for him and his lawyer if they wouldn't do just that. That is a coup attempt, stone cold plain and simple. That there's even a debate about this is astonishing. It's on effing tape. It failed and was stupid, sure, but stupidity is not a valid excuse.

But that is not even the biggest issue, of course. Yeah the capitol thing was stupid too, but again stupidity is not making it any less treasonous. And Trump knew exactly who these people were, that they were armed and up to no good - and sent them to the Capitol anyway. When it became clear to everyone with a TV that these people were up to no good, he edged them on via tweet. And then sat there for hours, doing nothing, failing in one of his most important duties as president. Again, what is there even to debate about. It's two years of debate because folks still try to argue away the apparent severity of these facts. It's not even a stretch to claim that Trump shares responsibility for these days' victims.

Then there's Trump replacing the head of DOJ with a guy who would not oppose sending faulty DOJ statements out in support of the stolen election lie. Or the Green Bay sweep, the attempt to put fake electors in. Or Trump still demanding the election should be renewed or cancelled or whatnot, and constitution takes a back seat to that goal. You know, the minor coup attempts. This all doesn't sound like advocating coups to you?

Or just tell me one thing, just this, would you even hesitate one second to call it a coup if these were all Biden's or Hillary's deeds?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 10:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: Or just tell me one thing, just this, would you even hesitate one second to call it a coup if these were all Biden's or Hillary's deeds?

Tell me you know you just wasted your time without telling me you just wasted your time.

…. Btw over on Fox News o just saw Marsha Blackburn and some chud bitching about the Biden admin bussing illegal immigrants to TN…. HahahahahahahahahHahHhHhHbBbBBhh
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 10:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, it is a topic for two years because you and many others are just an immovable object on the issue. Probably to not give the liberals the satisfaction, yeah I think in the end it's just that petty really. But you're just wrong, based on unbiased facts alone.

For one, you hear Trump talking to the Georgia state secretary, asking him point blank to find him the exact number of votes he needs to win. And pointing out that it would be a huge risk for him and his lawyer if they wouldn't do just that. That is a coup attempt, stone cold plain and simple. That there's even a debate about this is astonishing. It's on effing tape. It failed and was stupid, sure, but stupidity is not a valid excuse.

But that is not even the biggest issue, of course. Yeah the capitol thing was stupid too, but again stupidity is not making it any less treasonous. And Trump knew exactly who these people were, that they were armed and up to no good - and sent them to the Capitol anyway. When it became clear to everyone with a TV that these people were up to no good, he edged them on via tweet. And then sat there for hours, doing nothing, failing in one of his most important duties as president. Again, what is there even to debate about. It's two years of debate because folks still try to argue away the apparent severity of these facts. It's not even a stretch to claim that Trump shares responsibility for these days' victims.

Then there's Trump replacing the head of DOJ with a guy who would not oppose sending faulty DOJ statements out in support of the stolen election lie. Or the Green Bay sweep, the attempt to put fake electors in. Or Trump still demanding the election should be renewed or cancelled or whatnot, and constitution takes a back seat to that goal. You know, the minor coup attempts. This all doesn't sound like advocating coups to you?

Or just tell me one thing, just this, would you even hesitate one second to call it a coup if these were all Biden's or Hillary's deeds?

Oh dear.

Again not looking to rehash all that so my apologies for making you type that out.

It’s just a measure of our times. These days people call words literal assault so it’s not surprising we see words as a coup attempt here.

If we’re being super sensitive to words, then ok sure it was a coup attempt. But hopefully common sense prevails and people eventually realize nobody is seizing control of this country with a baseball bat and bear spray….wearing a funny hat with horns on it.

If conservatives wanted a coup they’d be ***** good at it. Not what the media lead you to believe.

Now just in case we’re talking two different things, I’m referring entirely to Jan 6th (which is what this thread is)…if you’re extending beyond that then I apologize for not recognizing that
Reply/Quote
Hahaha. The coup was attempted by the mentally ******** Q hornfuck.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2022, 12:29 AM)basballguy Wrote: Oh dear.

Again not looking to rehash all that so my apologies for making you type that out.  

It’s just a measure of our times.  These days people call words literal assault so it’s not surprising we see words as a coup attempt here.  

If we’re being super sensitive to words, then ok sure it was a coup attempt.

Yeah it was a coup attempt. End of story. Sensitivity to words has nothing to do with that. And of course words can muster to an coup attempt, even more so when they come as request or order from the president.

(12-21-2022, 12:29 AM)basballguy Wrote:  But hopefully common sense prevails and people eventually realize nobody is seizing control of this country with a baseball bat and bear spray….wearing a funny hat with horns on it.

I don't find it appropriate to associate the Jan 6 mob with guys in funny hats. That's belittling it. And it is not common sense to determine the appropriate legal consequences for a coup attempt by how successful said attempt was. It doesn't matter whether Trump's attempts were clumsy or dumb or had no real chance for success. He still had the intent and acted on it, and should meet the consequences, same as if he had tried a way smarter coup attempt. It is quite bizarre to me to argue otherwise.

(12-21-2022, 12:29 AM)basballguy Wrote: If conservatives wanted a coup they’d be ***** good at it.  Not what the media lead you to believe.  

Oh. I even think I understand the point, but it leaves me just as speechless as if I wouldn't. Let's just say I talk about Trump. But good to know that if conservatives wanted to, they could easily excel at this coup thing. Brag accepted.

(12-21-2022, 12:29 AM)basballguy Wrote: Now just in case we’re talking two different things, I’m referring entirely to Jan 6th (which is what this thread is)…if you’re extending beyond that then I apologize for not recognizing that

Yeah, I extended it to other timely instances where Trump blatantly attempted a coup. I shortened it as best I could, but of course they are relevant to Jan 6. Trump's a serial, he has a history of multiple other failed coup attempts.
Reply/Quote
Zero accountability. Many of the people who voted for him are still making excuses for him. And the scumbag tried to usurp the country they claim they love.

And they want power and claim law an order. MTG went from comical headlines everybody liked laughing at to party leadership. Lolz
Reply/Quote
Maybe if Trump pulls a similar "nothingburger" after DeSantis beats him in the primaries conservatives will change their tune on stuff like this.
Reply/Quote
and now the House Ways and Means Committee is going to release Trump's tax returns.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2022, 09:34 AM)pally Wrote: and now the House Ways and Means Committee is going to release Trump's tax returns.

But he was going to release them himself any day now!  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 10:23 PM)basballguy Wrote: Did he though?  He was stupid on Jan 6 but to call that a coup attempt has always been a stretch.  If it was one (which it wasn’t, it’s just a democrat pipe dream) then it’s literally the worst coup attempt in the history of our species.

Alas, I’m not here to rehash that as it was topic TWO YEARS AGO.  Everyone has already made their opinions known on that and I know I won’t be winning any arguments on this biased forum :)

If someone in power and popular with some demographic were to constantly say someone else needed to be taught a lesson and beaten or worse, and one of their supporters took that as a call to action and committed the act, should the person who said the words be held accountable?

I know that there's freedom of speech, but words are very powerful, especially if interpreted incorrectly and bad action is taken from those words (intentional or not).
People need to be held accountable from time to time for the things they say.

There's no doubt though that Trump's argument is that he just said words and it was the choice of those supporters to take that action.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote