Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Hearings
(06-10-2022, 08:11 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Dems thought they were getting a Roosevelt, but America got stuck with a Hoover.

As an aside, my great-grandmother was Hoover's first cousin.  Not exactly the best POTUS to be related to.   Whatever
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As an aside, my great-grandmother was Hoover's first cousin.  Not exactly the best POTUS to be related to.   Whatever

Don't worry Hoover may end up being only the 2nd worst president with the way the current occupant is panning out. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Americans didn't want Biden.

Americans wanted Not Donald Trump. I hope they truck his dumb ass out there to lose again. Criticize the Dems all you want, that orange stain is on your watch.

And all the financial pain & hardships that we are currently suffering is on yours.
Reply/Quote
Asking a completely serious question:

What is the penalty for someone who commits treason against the US? Understanding there are a lot of variables, what is a ballpark idea of how much time someone could serve in a federal prison?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:51 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: And all the financial pain & hardships that we are currently suffering is on yours.

Uhhhhhh ever heard of Putin? It’s his fault for everything that’s currently bad.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Asking a completely serious question:

What is the penalty for someone who commits treason against the US? Understanding there are a lot of variables, what is a ballpark idea of how much time someone could serve in a federal prison?

Death...

Minimum of 5 years in prison, and a substantial fine should you avoid death.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 03:21 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Much like John Cena, I can't see you. 

That would make me Cena in this scenario. I’ve been called worse.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Teddy?  Cool

Either one. Both of them were more progressive than Biden in many regards.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:47 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Don't worry Hoover may end up being only the 2nd worst president with the way the current occupant is panning out. 

Eh, Hoover wasn't even the worst prior to the past two occupants of the White House. Buchanan or Johnson typically get that honor when ranked by historians (most recent one had Buchanan as worst, then Trump, then Johnson, but of course it is all subjective). Hoover cracks the top ten worst, but isn't a top contender.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 09:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Either one. Both of them were more progressive than Biden in many regards.

I knew your answer prior to asking, forgive me for being slightly disingenuous.  Todays modern left would literally shit bricks at Teddy's  forthrightness.

(06-10-2022, 09:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Eh, Hoover wasn't even the worst prior to the past two occupants of the White House. Buchanan or Johnson typically get that honor when ranked by historians (most recent one had Buchanan as worst, then Trump, then Johnson, but of course it is all subjective). Hoover cracks the top ten worst, but isn't a top contender.

C'mon man, if you're going to defend one of my ancestors could you please go a little further than just "top ten worst of all times?"  Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 12:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I knew your answer prior to asking, forgive me for being slightly disingenuous.  Todays modern left would literally shit bricks at Teddy's  forthrightness.

Let's just say there is a reason both Roosevelts are in my signature. I don't idolize them, they had their faults, but damned if I don't line up pretty well with a lot of their ideals. It's also fun to think about how even though they were of different parties, their views were very similar. It always highlights to me how divided this nation has become and how different the modern parties are, today. Both of the quotes could have been said by either man, but that they were said by different men, of different parties, decades apart, is important to understanding their political thinking.

Not that I have several different biographies about both of them on my bookshelf or anything.

(06-11-2022, 12:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: C'mon man, if you're going to defend one of my ancestors could you please go a little further than just "top ten worst of all times?"  Wink

Does bottom 25% sound better? LOL

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 03:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, it's hardly ideal.  There should be a decent middle ground between that and a situation such as Italy.  I'm thinking four viable parties at most. 

Which of course is absolutely impossible to ever happen as long as the current election system stays in place.

I wondered once and still wonder why you wold still want to stick to it. Everything about is is awful for you, including that in reality, it does not matter one bit whom you pick for president, your vote counts for the democrat eventually.

(06-10-2022, 03:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think the days of the moderate are temporarily over.  Biden is absolutely no longer a moderate, not by the standards I grew up with.

Well ok, not a refutable stance, but one not quite relatable for me. I'd thought Biden has no extreme or radical plans; quite often I'd perceive him as disappointing the progressives time and again.

(06-10-2022, 03:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've witnessed the immense amount of damage caused, and still being caused, by the Democratic party's positions.  I honestly wish I could take you out in the field and show you the reality of this.  I started this job over twenty years ago, and some of the old hands when I started really tried to impress how much better things had generally gotten since the 80's and 90's.  Now I'm the old hand and all I can tell the newer officers is how terribly shitty things have gotten and to stick with it because the pendulum has to swing back at some point.  I really want to believe that, and maybe Boudin being shit canned in San Francisco is the start of it.  I'm definitely not holding my breath though.

Oh, as much as one could believee someone from the internet I believe you. It's not that incredible to begin with. Some ideas very progressive people muster seem very out of touch, and if these get implemented I can imagine it gets bad. And one can read about it, like what's up in Seattle and such.
I wonder though how much that has to do with who is POTUS. Seems the Trump years didn't change much.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:47 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Don't worry Hoover may end up being only the 2nd worst president with the way the current occupant is panning out. 

This is a common line throughout each President's tenure. I remember folks saying that Obama was on course to be the worst President ever, and then it started again with Trump, and now Biden etc. It is probably going to happen each time a new President is elected - the losing party will declare that the President is the worst ever. 

In reality, Buchanan and Johnson are probably universally considered the two worst Presidents. 
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 09:34 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That would make me Cena in this scenario. I’ve been called worse.

That was the implication (and wasn't meant to be an insult, just a tongue in cheek joke).
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:51 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: And all the financial pain & hardships that we are currently suffering is on yours.

Especially if you ignore the complete breakdown of society from 2020.

Lot's of shit still not up and running from the pandemic and the country's sub-par handling of it.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 08:39 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well ok, not a refutable stance, but one not quite relatable for me. I'd thought Biden has no extreme or radical plans; quite often I'd perceive him as disappointing the progressives time and again.

Yeah, your perception is the accurate one. Biden is a centrist on a good day. He doesn't get left of center very often. Folks in the US don't realize that the Democratic party mainstream, like Biden, is comparable to the CDU in Germany. Center-right, flirting with center sometimes.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:51 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: And all the financial pain & hardships that we are currently suffering is on yours.

That sounds like life at the end of the last three Republican administrations.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 09:34 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That would make me Cena in this scenario. I’ve been called worse.

I've been known to pat myself on the back like Barry Horowitz. 
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 03:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I can understand that.  But we aren't exactly spoiled for choice in this country.  All thing considered I would absolutely vote for DeSantis over any feasible Dem nominee.  I would add that would be the first time I ever voted GOP.  I would have enthusiastically done so if McCain had gotten the nod in'00, but I sadly did not get that chance.

I find that extremely hard to believe pretty much every position you have is an extremely conservative position. Name 1 position where you actually agree with Democrats on.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 11:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I've been known to pat myself on the back like Barry Horowitz. 

Is that the guy from Welcome Back Kotter?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote