Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January 10, 2016: 1:56 Left in the Fourth Quarter
That was the last date and time of possession when the Cincinnati Bengals were good. After AJ Green caught the go-ahead touchdown from AJ McCarron on third and seven from the Pittsburgh 30 yard line, the team has come unglued. From 1:56 in that playoff game, the entire Bengal organization began to unravel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At least we got to legitimately celebrate for 37 seconds out of the last 30 years that night, before it literally got ripped away. Thank you, Bengals!
Reply/Quote
I had this thought when it was happening. Marvin lost control of the team.

We lost A LOT of quality players in free agency since then too though.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:34 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: At least we got to legitimately celebrate for 37 seconds out of the last 30 years that night, before it literally got ripped away. Thank you, Bengals!

It was the perfect play with a perfect route and a perfect throw between two defenders against the Steelers at home, coming from behind and taking the lead. I think it was the best moment in Marvin Lewis-era Bengals playoff history...

...followed by the worst moment in Marvin’s tenure.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:38 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It was the perfect play with a perfect route and a perfect throw between two defenders against the Steelers at home, coming from behind and taking the lead.  I think it was the best moment in Marvin Lewis-era Bengals playoff history...

...followed by the worst moment in Marvin’s tenure.

That was one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history.

A fumble...then 2 personal fouls. It is unparalleled in football.

You HAVE to either fire Lewis or get rid of Jones after that. Nope. They retained both and was actually worried Jones would leave.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history.

You HAVE to either fire Lewis or get rid of Jones after that. Nope. They retained both and was actually worried Jones would leave.

Because....Bungals.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I like Burfict's play on the field...but all of his antics...I'm ready to move on. We can lose without him.

We have 8 poor starters on the team. What's getting rid of him and having a 9th?

You need disciplined guys in the NFL to win. I would be surprised if a new coach doesn't get rid of him...unless it's Guenther.

Plus, we'll always be worried that he's going to get suspended.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history.

28-3 falcons comes to mind
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I had this thought when it was happening. Marvin lost control of the team.

We lost A LOT of quality players in free agency since then too though.

We sure have. I know you can't keep everybody, but it seems like other teams manage to do a lot better in this department.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I like Burfict's play on the field...but all of his antics...I'm ready to move on. We can lose without him.

We have 8 poor starters on the team. What's getting rid of him and having a 9th?

You need disciplined guys in the NFL to win. I would be surprised if a new coach doesn't get rid of him...unless it's Guenther.

Plus, we'll always be worried that he's going to get suspended.

You put a guy like that in NE....I bet he straightens his ass up.  There is no discipline or accountability to be found here.  Hell....look what Minny did with Dalvin Cook.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I remember getting teary eyed over that. I couldn't believe we did it.

Then Burfict got the game sealing interception...then a turnover...then Big Ben came on the field...I knew it was over...but then it was an epic collapse that would shroud the team in disaster for more years to come...Pretty epic.

I still believe if Andy played that game, we would've won. McCarron was trash most of that game (and under performed all season where Dalton led an NFL MVP caliber season).

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:34 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I remember getting teary eyed over that. I couldn't believe we did it.

Then Burfict got the game sealing interception...then a turnover...then Big Ben came on the field...I knew it was over...but then it was an epic collapse that would shroud the team in disaster for more years to come...Pretty epic.

I still believe if Andy played that game, we would've won. McCarron was trash most of that game (and under performed all season where Dalton led an NFL MVP caliber season).

Dalton has been trash in EVERY playoff game he's played in. Not sure why you think that would have been any different. 

McCarron put the Bengals in a position to win that game. Period. 

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That was the last date and time of possession when the Cincinnati Bengals were good.

This game could have been the beginning of the eye opening of the players to knowing that success is not in Marvins future. No matter how hard you play, how hard you train, you will fall short. Now, even though the players lost this game in the end, the lack of discipline hangs on Marvin. He's a joke and there is no reason why he should still be here. Theres no reason why Alexander should still be here. I am starting to question if Guenther should be here. The discipline on defense has gotten better and he holds some responsibility there. 

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 07:30 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This game could have been the beginning of the eye opening of the players to knowing that success is not in Marvins future. No matter how hard you play, how hard you train, you will fall short. Now, even though the players lost this game in the end, the lack of discipline hangs on Marvin. He's a joke and there is no reason why he should still be here. Theres no reason why Alexander should still be here. I am starting to question if Guenther should be here. The discipline on defense has gotten better and he holds some responsibility there. 

It's the Bengal Cloud.  It hangs over the franchise.  It's the something that will always happen, the inevitable snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, the sense of impending doom that sends every player into every big game that makes it impossible to completely believe.

As we the fans sit there knowing something bad will always happen at the worst time,  the players know it too.  It's the self fulfilling prophesy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote