• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January Mock
1st mock of the season.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Obviously, I went with Thomas to replace Tee Higgins which I feel can be an almost seamless transition because the Bengals will use the money saved on Higgins in free agency on a high end NT to hold the spot down until our 2nd round pick develops into the starting role.

2nd T'evondre Sweat NT Texas Self explanatory.

2nd Jordan Morgan T Arizona Here's an athletic tackle that will help make the wide zone a reality.

3rd Blake Corum RB Michigan He's a compact, powerful speedster in the mold of Giovanni Bernard. Will make a great one-two punch with Chase Brown.

4th Zak Zinter OG Michigan Had he not had a season ending injury, he'd likely have went in the 1st round. Should push Volson at LG, or take over for Cappa in two years.

5th Erick All TE Iowa Honestly, don't know a lot about him, just know that Iowa produces good TEs.

6th Gabe Hall DT Baylor Hall is built like a 3-4 DE, but typically wins versus Guards in 3T. A lot of potential with this guy.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd be extremely happy if things fell this way. Definitely great values on Morgan and Corrum.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 06:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'd be extremely happy if things fell this way.  Definitely great values on Morgan and Corrum.

I thought so, too.  Corum could be one of those lightning type of players that this offense needs.  He'll never be the 3 down guy, but he could have a strong career as RB2, the change of pace/3rd down guy.  At 5'8" and 215, he's plenty stout enough for pass pro on 3rd downs.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 05:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Obviously, I went with Thomas to replace Tee Higgins which I feel can be an almost seamless transition because the Bengals will use the money saved on Higgins in free agency on a high end NT to hold the spot down until our 2nd round pick develops into the starting role.

2nd T'evondre Sweat NT Texas  Self explanatory.

2nd  Jordan Morgan T Arizona  Here's an athletic tackle that will help make the wide zone a reality.

3rd Blake Corum RB Michigan  He's a compact, powerful speedster in the mold of Giovanni Bernard.  Will make a great one-two punch with Chase Brown.

4th  Zak Zinter OG Michigan  Had he not had a season ending injury, he'd likely have went in the 1st round.  Should push Volson at LG, or take over for Cappa in two years.

5th  Erick All  TE Iowa  Honestly, don't know a lot about him, just know that Iowa produces good TEs.

6th  Gabe Hall DT Baylor  Hall is built like a 3-4 DE, but typically wins versus Guards in 3T.  A lot of potential with this guy.
LOVE this mock.   I'd be delighted if they were all available - especially the first two.

Sweat (in my humble and pretty ignorant opinion) is essential.   In fact both 2nd rounders are.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 11:58 AM)3wt Wrote: LOVE this mock.   I'd be delighted if they were all available - especially the first two.

Sweat (in my humble and pretty ignorant opinion) is essential.   In fact both 2nd rounders are.

I feel confident in the first 5 picks, the final two are just hoping to find a couple of late round gems.  Zinter will likely be a two year project, as he suffered a devastating injury late in the season.  Previous to the injury, he was likely a late first/early second round talent.  So with him it will be a process, but one where the final product is worth waiting for.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would love it if they can land Corum around there. As everybody knows, haha, I feel fixing the running game is one of our bigger priorities this offseason. Who knows what C. Brown will turn out to be?? He's flashed good so far but will it continue? Mixon is on the downhill slide, for sure. And the rest of our running back room isn't any good.

Will they keep Mixon ? I'd say he's on the bubble depending on how it all plays out ? If he does go we're down to an unproven guy and hot garbage.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I would love it if they can land Corum around there. As everybody knows, haha, I feel fixing the running game is one of our bigger priorities this offseason. Who knows what C. Brown will turn out to be?? He's flashed good so far but will it continue? Mixon is on the downhill slide, for sure. And the rest of our running back room isn't any good.

Will they keep Mixon ? I'd say he's on the bubble depending on how it all plays out ? If he does go we're down to an unproven guy and hot garbage.

If the Bengals want more splash plays, an explosive runner like Corum will be a great addition to the offense's arsenal.  A RB room of Brown, Corum and a banger would definitely change the dynamic a bit.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Bengals want more splash plays, an explosive runner like Corum will be a great addition to the offense's arsenal.  A RB room of Brown, Corum and a banger would definitely change the dynamic a bit.

I read a draft profile on Corum a couple days ago, it read something like "Corum is not "elite" at anything. But he's very good to great at nearly everything. And yes I believe Corum and Brown would make a great 1-2 punch. 
Reply/Quote