Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati sports are definitely cursed
The Bearcats choke away a big lead and lose. Cincinnati sports are definitely cursed, must be something in the river
Reply/Quote
Such a heartbreaking loss.
I think Hudson is to be blamed on this loss.
Selfish late hit out of bounds to get ejected.
Backup Metz could not get the job done.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 05:51 PM)Trademark Wrote: The Bearcats choke away a big lead and lose. Cincinnati sports are definitely cursed, must be something in the river

(01-01-2021, 05:58 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Such a heartbreaking loss.
I think Hudson is to be blamed on this loss.
Selfish late hit out of bounds to get ejected.
Backup Metz could not get the job done.

Not cursed, just stupid coaching, like running Hill instead of taking a knee.

In this UC game, run a QB sneak because they won't be expecting it and you only need two yards.  You don't risk stopping the clock with a pass.  Even if he doesn't get it, you keep the clock running and force them to go 50 yards to get into field goal range in under a minute.  There were 2 seconds left when he made the game winning field goal.

Even if not a QB sneak, a halfback or fullback dive would still be tough to stop and would keep the clock moving.  

This one's on coaching.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 06:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not cursed, just stupid coaching, like running Hill instead of taking a knee.

In this UC game, run a QB sneak because they won't be expecting it and you only need two yards.  You don't risk stopping the clock with a pass.  Even if he doesn't get it, you keep the clock running and force them to go 50 yards to get into field goal range in under a minute.  There were 2 seconds left when he made the game winning field goal.

Even if not a QB sneak, a halfback or fullback dive would still be tough to stop and would keep the clock moving.  

This one's on coaching.

Wasn't a fan of that pass either. Even if your run failed you still could have bled the clock down another 25 seconds or whatever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 06:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Wasn't a fan of that pass either. Even if your run failed you still could have bled the clock down another 25 seconds or whatever.

Exactly what we're all saying in our group group chat on WhatsAp with a bunch of my friends from here in Greater Cinci.

We're all PISSED
Reply/Quote
Not to mention they snapped the ball with 11 and 9 seconds left on play clock on their last possession to save another 20 seconds for Georgia. Those 20 seconds plus a run on their last 3rd down they could have taken another 45 secs off the clock. Good chance Georgia doesn’t get into field goal range.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 07:44 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Not to mention they snapped the ball with 11 and 9 seconds left on play clock on their last possession to save another 20 seconds for Georgia. Those 20 seconds plus a run on their last 3rd down they could have taken another 45 secs off the clock. Good chance Georgia doesn’t get into field goal range.

Yeah I noticed the one with nine seconds and a running clock. Just stupid. The pass play on third was just moronic, and there is zero excuse for it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
^^ this
Reply/Quote
I'm a Buckeyes fan, but I pull for UC because of proximity, and brotherhood with my fellow Bengals fans... Tough loss, but they had a helluva season. Hopefully it's just the beginning for the football program.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote