Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jared Lorenzen Died
I played against him twice in high school when he was a senior and I was a freshman (I didn't start til the playoff game, though) and he went on to play at UK and won a Super Bowl with the Giants.

He was always big, but then he got huge when he was cut by the Giants and moved back home. He was working hard to get back into shape with a trainer and exercise (ESPN did a special on him, I think) but I guess he was too far gone.

His wife divorced him because he ate too much and he had two kids.

Very sad.
Reply/Quote
Hefty Lefty?

Damn!

That sucks!

May he rest in peace.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2019, 06:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hefty Lefty?

Damn!

That sucks!  

May he rest in peace.

Pillsburry Throwboy?

Yep.

May he definitely rest in peace and keep an eye on the rest of us.

I can't even remember the last time I saw him besides for on Facebook.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2019, 01:02 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pillsburry Throwboy?

Yep.

May he definitely rest in peace and keep an eye on the rest of us.

I can't even remember the last time I saw him besides for on Facebook.

Sorry to hear that. I kinda liked his personality. May his memory be a blessing.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I'll always wonder what he could have done career-wise if he could have gotten down to even 270 and managed to stay there. He had some amazing footwork for an obese guy, and his arm was an absolute cannon.

He's also a testament to the fact that eating can be just as much of a deadly addiction as drugs or alcohol. Sad story all around.
Reply/Quote
The Battleship Lorenzen. Sad day in Kentucky. I remember the game the Cats were down quite a bit, and the fans started leaving in the 3rd quarter, as they often did back then. Jared turn and yelled at them "Hey, where y'all going, you're going to miss a hell of a game." Most of them sat back down and saw the Cats come back in what he predicted, a great game. There was nothing more fun that watching defensive players try to tackle him. He still holds the passing record for UK...
Reply/Quote
I'm inching closer to 300 pounds each day.

If I don't do something i'll end up like him. His life is a good lesson for anyone stuggling with impulses.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2019, 11:50 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm inching closer to 300 pounds each day.

If I don't do something i'll end up like him. His life is a good lesson for anyone stuggling with impulses.

Learn from him.  Start small with life changes and let it grow from there.

I didn't have nearly the problem he did, but I had put on 30 pounds of just fat, and so I started by only drinking one soft drink a day and cut back on fried foods and the weight fell off easy.

It might be easier for me, but just start with something small and the rest will follow.
Reply/Quote