Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jared goes to see the war!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-06-2017, 08:06 PM)GMDino Wrote:

I want me one of them Iraqi plates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am sure his daddy's close friend Mike pence told Jared about the time he went to see a war in April of 2007.

https://thinkprogress.org/pence-baghdad-bazaar-is-like-any-open-air-market-in-indiana-in-the-summertime-9950364a1dea

Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN) told reporters that Shorja — where a suicide bomber killed 88 people in January — is now “like a normal outdoor market in Indiana in the summertime.”

Iraqis  disagreed with Pence’s assessment of the Shorja market’s “friendly relaxed atmosphere.” Karim Abdullah, a textile merchant at Shorja, said that the lawmakers “were laughing and talking to people as if there was nothing going on in this country or at least they were pretending that they were tourists. … To achieve this, they sealed off the area, put themselves in flak jackets and walked in the middle of tens of armed American soldiers.

A day after the congressional delegation’s visit, the “crack of shots fired by unseen snipers echoed” throughout the Shorja market.
(04-08-2017, 10:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sure his daddy's close friend Mike pence told Jared about the time he went to see a war in April of 2007.

https://thinkprogress.org/pence-baghdad-bazaar-is-like-any-open-air-market-in-indiana-in-the-summertime-9950364a1dea

Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN) told reporters that Shorja — where a suicide bomber killed 88 people in January — is now “like a normal outdoor market in Indiana in the summertime.”

Iraqis  disagreed with Pence’s assessment of the Shorja market’s “friendly relaxed atmosphere.” Karim Abdullah, a textile merchant at Shorja, said that the lawmakers “were laughing and talking to people as if there was nothing going on in this country or at least they were pretending that they were tourists. … To achieve this, they sealed off the area, put themselves in flak jackets and walked in the middle of tens of armed American soldiers.

A day after the congressional delegation’s visit, the “crack of shots fired by unseen snipers echoed” throughout the Shorja market.

This is sort of the anti-Hillary war story; as her brush with snipers was made into much more than it was. Which is preferable in your opinion?

As to the OP: How can anyone find anything wrong with this? Dude went the get a first hand look as we prepare to retake Mosul. I know as a Soldier in such a situation I appreciated these things. Didn't realize there were keyboard warriors making fun of them. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-08-2017, 10:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the OP: How can anyone find anything wrong with this? Dude went the get a first hand look as we prepare to retake Mosul. I know as a Soldier in such a situation I appreciated these things. Didn't realize there were keyboard warriors making fun of them. 

A lot of soldiers don't appreciate the extra security problems involved in keeping a guy like this safe for nothing more than a photo op.

As for him wanting to get a "first hand look" what the hell was he getting a look at?  He was briefed in a meeting that could have taken place anywhere without the hassel and expense of flying him to Iraq. As for military planning Kushner would not even know what he was looking at if he was given a look.  It would be like me trying to scout pitching prospects.  I can watch all I want, but I can't tell the difference between a bad slider and a good slider.
(04-08-2017, 10:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of soldiers don't appreciate the extra security problems involved in keeping a guy like this safe for nothing more than a photo op.

As for him wanting to get a "first hand look" what the hell was he getting a look at?  He was briefed in a meeting that could have taken place anywhere without the hassel and expense of flying him to Iraq. As for military planning Kushner would not even know what he was looking at if he was given a look.  It would be like me trying to scout pitching prospects.  I can watch all I want, but I can't tell the difference between a bad slider and a good slider.

....or commenting as to what Soldiers appreciate. 

There are no security problems involved in hosting a VIP. Of course he may have no clue as to what he's looking at; however, he is an extremely intelligent young man and there is nothing wrong with getting his perspective.

I can tell you from first hand experience, Visits of this nature generally raise the morale of the Soldiers. 

Personally I think folks are hating on this visit simply because they are petty and don't like him and his family; however, I'll take you at your word, that you don't like it because of security problems. 

He's the only man that could look prissy in the middle of a war-zone in a bullet proof vest.
(04-08-2017, 10:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of soldiers don't appreciate the extra security problems involved in keeping a guy like this safe for nothing more than a photo op.

Kushner needs to start learning some where, some how, some way. Primary sources are usually better.
(04-08-2017, 12:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Kushner needs to start learning some where, some how, some way. Primary sources are usually better.

[Image: hell3.jpg]

(04-08-2017, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ....or commenting as to what Soldiers appreciate. 

There are no security problems involved in hosting a VIP. Of course he may have no clue as to what he's looking at; however, he is an extremely intelligent young man and there is nothing wrong with getting his perspective.

I can tell you from first hand experience, Visits of this nature generally raise the morale of the Soldiers. 

Personally I think folks are hating on this visit simply because they are petty and don't like him and his family; however, I'll take you at your word, that you don't like it because of security problems. 

Why is Kushner wearing a vest? What is your first priority of work? Security.

VIP dog and pony shows are annoying AF. I don't know any soldiers whose morale improved by being annoyed.

For now, I'll give Kushner the benefit of the doubt this is a fact finding mission and not a photo op at tax payers expense. However, personally I think it is "petty" people ignore reality to defend the Trump administration like it's their job.
(04-08-2017, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ....or commenting as to what Soldiers appreciate. 

I know what plenty of soldiers appreciate.  Marines, too.

It cracks em up when a vet tries to act like he speaks for every vet ever.
(04-08-2017, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I can tell you from first hand experience, Visits of this nature generally raise the morale of the Soldiers. 

Yeah, I heard the boot-lickers and brown-nosers loved this type of stuff.