Poll: Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor
Jason Garrett
Zac Taylor
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason Garrett or Zac Taylor?
(01-08-2020, 11:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll do a 180 here. ZT is our Chuck Noll who flopped early and Burrow is our Terry Bradshaw he took with the 1st overall pick. Maybe we can snag our Mean Joe Greene soon.

Bradshaw was a POS Qb so no, I hope to God he doesn't mirror him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 03:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Bradshaw was a POS Qb so no, I hope to God he doesn't mirror him.

Bradshaw is historically overrated and famously almost lost his job during the Steelers SB run, but POS is a bit far.  You can't look at Bradshaw's stats and compare them to QBs today.  

Take 1978 for example, a year that Bradshaw led the league in touchdown passes.  If you look at the top 10 passing offenses of 1978, only 3 teams threw more touchdowns than interceptions.  Only 7 of 28 teams overall threw more touchdowns than interceptions.  So Bradshaw's 212-210 TD:INT ratio isn't as bad as it looks today when you take into account the era.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 04:03 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Bradshaw is historically overrated and famously almost lost his job during the Steelers SB run, but POS is a bit far.  You can't look at Bradshaw's stats and compare them to QBs today.  

Take 1978 for example, a year that Bradshaw led the league in touchdown passes.  If you look at the top 10 passing offenses of 1978, only 3 teams threw more touchdowns than interceptions.  Only 7 of 28 teams overall threw more touchdowns than interceptions.  So Bradshaw's 212-210 TD:INT ratio isn't as bad as it looks today when you take into account the era.

Bradshaw was the only one taking post-season snaps during his run though.  Fun fact, one of my school yard chums is the nephew of one of Bradshaw's backups.  Anyways, back to ZT.  I think he can get better, but I'd hardly lose sleep if we fired him after one year.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 04:03 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Bradshaw is historically overrated and famously almost lost his job during the Steelers SB run, but POS is a bit far.  You can't look at Bradshaw's stats and compare them to QBs today.  

Indeed; all the pre 1980s QBs in the HOF have more picks than TDs (save for Unitas, Graham, the elite ones).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
So let me get this straight.

ZT gets a pass because of injuries, no Burrow, and bad draft/roster players.

Well one year later should be so much better.

Front office will sign great FAs, draft winners, and our crack medical staff will get em' all good as new.

Yeah that sounds like ZT needs to be Andy frickin' Dalton.

Only good if everything else is almost perfect.

Can't wait.............
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 10:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 79% of people (me included) said they'd only feel ok about ZT if he won 6 or more games in 2019 according to this poll and here we are glad that he is our HC and two guys with winning records aren't.

Are we full of crap?

http://thebengalsboard.com/polls.php?action=showresults&pid=528

EDIT:  Seems I didn't vote in that poll but I'll admit I was one of the "We have to do better than 2018 with a new HC" types, though I also had a feeling things could go very bad.

I see I voted 7-9 or better and still think that was understandable. Taylor didn't impress at all and I wanted to move on but I 
would of liked someone a lot better than Garrett if we did, I wanted Rivera. But it ain't happening so it is all a moot point.

Taylor will be here another year and all we can hope for is him and his staff improve big time.

They WILL need some help in FA to do so though.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 07:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So let me get this straight.

ZT gets a pass because of injuries, no Burrow, and bad draft/roster players.

Well one year later should be so much better.

Front office will sign great FAs, draft winners, and our crack medical staff will get em' all good as new.

Yeah that sounds like ZT needs to be Andy frickin' Dalton.

Only good if everything else is almost perfect.

Can't wait.............

Yeah, they really know how to get this fan base fired up don't they lol
Reply/Quote