Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason Verrett to 49ers on 1-year, $3.6 mill deal
Seems like a steal for the 49ers. With Dennard still not in the fold, I feel like he would have been a good target for $4-5 mill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Seems like a steal for the 49ers. With Dennard still not in the fold, I feel like he would have been a good target for $4-5 mill.

Isn’t he like the Eifert or CB’s though? I loved him in the draft and he’s worth the gamble at that price, but that’s what it is-a gamble. Shouldn’t expect him to be a top 3 CB on a team. Need 3 reliable starters then a flier on him would be a good plan as a 4th guy with potential to be a steal
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 07:13 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Isn’t he like the Eifert or CB’s though? I loved him in the draft and he’s worth the gamble at that price, but that’s what it is-a gamble. Shouldn’t expect him to be a top 3 CB on a team. Need 3 reliable starters then a flier on him would be a good plan as a 4th guy with potential to be a steal

I guess I look at the 3rd CB as not a full-time CB, and therefore I thought Verrett would have been fine as the #3 CB. I'd have been fine drafting a CB then to be CB4 (although not in the 1st since that player would have to sit).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote