Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals prospects visits
(04-18-2019, 10:09 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Absolutely like that, means we atleast have interest in the position as we should have.

To act like Hart is the answer would be dumb to say the least.

Pretty confident between contracts structure and visits they are 100% not looking at him as the answer just the answer until a better answer is available
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 01:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pretty confident between contracts structure and visits they are 100% not looking at him as the answer just the answer until a better answer is available

I agree, looks like they're paying him second rate starter money this year, with bench money the following two, should they keep him around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We did have a workout with TE Jace Sterberger. A nice day 2/3 option.
Reply/Quote
Looks like the Bengals did meet with Haskins at his pro day, but no visits after that.

https://www.buckeyextra.com/sports/20190416/ohio-state-football-might-cincinnati-bengals-draft-quarterback-dwayne-haskins-jr
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 12:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Some here will like this...

I like it, it means he may be one of the top 11 in their evaluation which means hopefully:

LB
OT
DL

Are top 3 positions
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 01:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pretty confident between contracts structure and visits they are 100% not looking at him as the answer just the answer until a better answer is available

Probably correct thank God.

(04-18-2019, 03:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, looks like they're paying him second rate starter money this year, with bench money the following two, should they keep him around.

Yes, it is not as bad of a contract as some make out.

(04-18-2019, 07:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: We did have a workout with TE Jace Sterberger. A nice day 2/3 option.

Would be a great pick in the 4th IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 10:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: They did bring Ford in though which I thought was interesting. I wonder if Ford is more of an option in a trade back. 

This....

If they stay put, it will be because one of the LBs they covet or OT like Taylor are gone.  I honestly think they REALLY like Tytus Howard and might try to get him in Rd 2.  Should they slide in Rd 1, Cody Ford could be a realistic choice.  

They really need the run on QBs to happen, though, so some team like Miami will want to jump up to grab the guy they want.  I already said if Haskins is there, they won't likely take him.  Get something out of another team for him, and gain an additional 3rd rounder.  
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 12:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think the only way we go tackle at this point is off a trade back. It just feels like there will be plenty of options between 11-24 where as if we pass on LB at 11 not much else. I think the general feeling is if both backers are gone at 11, which is possible, we may move back in hopes of one of these tackles plus picks. 

Dead on....Unless someone like Ed Oliver slides (which I don't think he will), that is exactly what I could see happening.  Do I want them to be able to do this?  I don't know.  I really like the idea of Devin White on our defense for the next decade.  Hope he is there.  I wouldn't be disappointed in Ed Oliver, but he plays the same spot as Geno.  Great rotation and depth, yes, but I think a bigger pick would be if Dexter Lawrence was there in the late first and they slide TWICE to get him and a haul of additional picks.  

The absolute best case for me is they get Devin White in Rd 1, Tytus Howard in Rd 2, and then trade back in to Rd 2 and get Lawrence by giving up their fourth and a couple sixes.  
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 07:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: We did have a workout with TE Jace Sterberger. A nice day 2/3 option.

They also really like Josh Oliver, TE.  And Drew Sample, TE. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 08:44 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Looks like the Bengals did meet with Haskins at his pro day, but no visits after that.

https://www.buckeyextra.com/sports/20190416/ohio-state-football-might-cincinnati-bengals-draft-quarterback-dwayne-haskins-jr

I hope they still schedule a meeting with him if for no other reason than to give teams below them the impression that they may draft him.  
Reply/Quote