Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jawann Taylor or Jonah Williams to Bengals in Round 1
It just makes sense. What good are Dalton, AJ Green, Boyd, Mixon if we don't have BLOCKING ???? You people want WINS. I'll tell you what WINS in today's NFL. POINTS. Anymore you have to put 40 or 50 points on the board to be in the game. Teams are scoring big points under the new rules.

The huge weak area of Bengals O Line now is Tackle. Don't even think about the guards we might be able to put there. That does not make up for the weakness at Tackle.

We can get good D players in Rounds 2 and 3.

Bengals need Offensive Tackle in Round 1. Otherwise they will not get big seasons out of Dalton, Green, Boyd, Mixon. They need a Bell Cow draft pick that can play Left Tackle or Right Tackle for Bengals. I say both because injuries happen.

My advise to Bengals is forget LB in 1, and don't take a QB in 1 and sit him or Dalton and be weak at OT. DRAFT THE OT.

Last year Bengals got a Center. Now get a Tackle. Like the 1980's 2 Super Bowl Bengals did, BUILD THAT O LINE.

The best defense is a good offense and you can only have a good offense with good BLOCKING. Score points, Eat Clock, Keep the other teams QB off the field.

In todays NFL, you have to be putting 40 to 50 points on the board. Bengals blocking is lucky to score 10 points.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
While I agree with this in theory, this team set records for ineptitude on DEFENSE last year. Yes, they became more respectable when they got rid of Austin, but their LB corps is historically bad. I would think a player like Tytus Howard would be there in Rd 2 and they could have a massive upgrade at DT or LB in Rd 1.

The team could score 30 as you eluded and still lose because the defense couldn't stop anyone. Remember Dalton's would-be game-winning drive against pitt? Finally got the monkey off his back? Defense couldn't do crap to stop them. And another L.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Taylor yes. Williams, no. I am not sure that Ford or Williams are NFL OT. Maybe guards. IF Bengals want a great guard, then go for Lindstrom in round 2. If not Taylor in round 1, then maybe Dillard.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 09:45 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Taylor yes.  Williams, no.  I am not sure that Ford or Williams are NFL OT.  Maybe guards.  IF Bengals want a great guard, then go for Lindstrom in round 2.  If not Taylor in round 1, then maybe Dillard.

Based on what? The dude is the best technician in the draft. He has the best tape of all of the OTs in this draft class. Is it solely based on length? If so, there many quality starting OTs in the NFL with as short or shorter length than Williams. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think points have been what wins in the nfl since the game was invented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 05:23 AM)kevin Wrote: It just makes sense. What good are Dalton, AJ Green, Boyd, Mixon if we don't have BLOCKING ???? You people want WINS. I'll tell you what WINS in today's NFL. POINTS. Anymore you have to put 40 or 50 points on the board to be in the game. Teams are scoring big points under the new rules.

The huge weak area of Bengals O Line now is Tackle. Don't even think about the guards we might be able to put there. That does not make up for the weakness at Tackle.

Bengals need Offensive Tackle in Round 1. Otherwise they will not get big seasons out of Dalton, Green, Boyd, Mixon. They need a Bell Cow draft pick that can play Left Tackle or Right Tackle for Bengals. I say both because injuries happen.

My advise to Bengals is forget LB in 1, and don't take a QB in 1 and sit him or Dalton and be weak at OT. DRAFT THE OT.

Last year Bengals got a Center. Now get a Tackle. Like the 1980's 2 Super Bowl Bengals did, BUILD THAT O LINE.

The best defense is a good offense and you can only have a good offense with good BLOCKING. Score points, Eat Clock, Keep the other teams QB off the field.

In todays NFL, you have to be putting 40 to 50 points on the board. Bengals blocking is lucky to score 10 points.

Yes, i believe as well that RT is now our biggest weakness simply cause of the coaching change moving on from Haslett. With Tem now here we might be substantially better at LB and i honestly don't think there is as big of a fall off at LB after the Devins as i thought initially. I like Mack Wilson and Germaine Pratt in the 2nd or 3rd just as much as Devin Bush to tell you the truth.

Also really like David Long Jr who should be around later.

JaWaan Taylor or Jonah Williams at 11 would probably be the best pick, maybe even better than Devin White IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 07:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I agree with this in theory, this team set records for ineptitude on DEFENSE last year.  Yes, they became more respectable when they got rid of Austin, but their LB corps is historically bad.  I would think a player like Tytus Howard would be there in Rd 2 and they could have a massive upgrade at DT or LB in Rd 1.  

The team could score 30 as you eluded and still lose because the defense couldn't stop anyone.  Remember Dalton's would-be game-winning drive against pitt?  Finally got the monkey off his back?  Defense couldn't do crap to stop them.  And another L.

Agree

It's not that we don't need help on the Oline, we do ! But they've painted themselves into a corner on D ignoring the LBer problem during free agency. Burfict is gone and we have Brown and Vigil then a bunch of marginal guys and a couple question marks. 

Like AU165 said in a post somewhere - Before the offense got banged up they were getting it done with the subpar line. The defense was bad even before they starting losing players mostly because of a horrid LBer group that couldn't cover a fire hydrant !

They've got to address that position group in the 1st round and probably again shortly there after. We can't continue to put a bandaid on the LBer group and expect the Dalton, AJ, Geno, core to have any chance in the time they have left.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 11:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

It's not that we don't need help on the Oline, we do ! But they've painted themselves into a corner on D ignoring the LBer problem during free agency. Burfict is gone and we have Brown and Vigil then a bunch of marginal guys and a couple question marks. 

Like AU165 said in a post somewhere - Before the offense got banged up they were getting it done with the subpar line. The defense was bad even before they starting losing players mostly because of a horrid LBer group that couldn't cover a fire hydrant !

They've got to address that position group in the 1st round and probably again shortly there after. We can't continue to put a bandaid on the LBer group and expect the Dalton, AJ, Geno, core to have any chance in the time they have left.

All true brother, i just think Haslett was more of the problem than our talent at LB honestly.

Just because we pick a guy like Devin White in the first doesn't mean the problem is solved. If his coach sucks like Haslett did he will be put in bad situations and will be set up to fail. Neither of the Devin's are great tacklers either and that could be a problem as our LB's couldn't tackle worth a shit last year either. I am just hoping Tem can coach up our LB's to come down hill and tackle on those dropoffs regardless of who we pick early.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 05:23 AM)kevin Wrote: It just makes sense.  What good are Dalton, AJ Green, Boyd, Mixon if we don't have BLOCKING ????   You people want WINS.   I'll tell you what WINS in today's NFL.  POINTS.  Anymore you have to put 40 or 50 points on the board to be in the game. Teams are scoring big points under the new rules.  

The huge weak area of Bengals O Line now is Tackle.  Don't even think about the guards we might be able to put there.  That does not make up for the weakness at Tackle.  

Bengals need Offensive Tackle in Round 1. Otherwise they will not get big seasons out of Dalton, Green, Boyd, Mixon. They need a Bell Cow draft pick that can play Left Tackle or Right Tackle for Bengals.  I say both because injuries happen.

My advise to Bengals is forget LB in 1, and don't take a QB in 1 and sit him or Dalton and be weak at OT.   DRAFT THE OT.

The best defense is a good offense and you can only have a good offense with good BLOCKING.   Score points, Eat Clock, Keep the other teams QB off the field.

In todays NFL, you have to be putting 40 to 50 points on the board.  Bengals blocking is lucky to score 10 points.

IS there an overall top prospect at center?  maybe we could grab him move price to RG and solidify the interior of the OL  and pick up an OT a little later.  (plus another OG would help if boiling had to play LT again)
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 10:09 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think points have been what wins in the nfl since the game was invented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes and generally controlling the clock which is done with the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 01:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: IS there an overall top prospect at center?  maybe we could grab him move price to RG and solidify the interior of the OL  and pick up an OT a little later.  (plus another OG would help if boiling had to play LT again)

Bradbury is a potential stud center but I know there is another Center out there that is suppose to be better than Bradbury, I just forget his name.  I think it is Jenkins.  I really really like Jenkins.  Really.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 11:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

I would put as much on the front four for not getting pressure as the LB corps.  They can't be expected to cover TEs for 5 seconds and then be in place to get a RB out of the backfield on a checkdown.  With the elite talent at DE and DT, I could see them going defense in Rd 1, but not necessarily at LB
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 01:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: IS there an overall top prospect at center?  maybe we could grab him move price to RG and solidify the interior of the OL  and pick up an OT a little later.  (plus another OG would help if boiling had to play LT again)

My feeling based on some comments made is we brought John Miller in to start at RG. There is a really good center in Bradbury, however I am not taking him at 11 even if center was a massive need.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 09:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Based on what? The dude is the best technician in the draft. He has the best tape of all of the OTs in this draft class. Is it solely based on length? If so, there many quality starting OTs in the NFL with as short or shorter length than Williams. 

Many project Williams as RT or guard and I think Dillard is superior at Pas-Pro 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 02:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Many project Williams as RT or guard and I think Dillard is superior at Pas-Pro 

You're not specifically saying why many project Williams as RT or guard though. The argument for guard was due to length. I haven't seen any reasoning outside of that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Urban Meyer said Price was one of best players he ever had.   The Ohio State star had injuries his rookie year.  You don't judge a draft pick in his first year or a draft in it's first year.  Some fans do, and they are fools.  Price will probably still end up being a Pro Bowl center for Bengals.  Some jug heads on here wanted to put all the blame on the rookie center in 2018, too stupid to see the O Line had many weaknesses across the board. I'll take Urban Meyers opinion of Price over some on Bengals Board.  

I need to say Bengals need an Offensive Tackle in round 1.  Not a guard or a center.  I can see taking a a top left tackle to play left or right tackle.  If they don't take a Tackle, go ahead and take a Linebacker.  Heck, take the Ohio State quarterback before taking a guard or a center. Although having Dalton and a #1 pick QB is a luxury Bengals can't afford at this time in rebuilding weaker areas.

Offensive Tackle, but I could see Linebacker.  

When I said you need 40 to 50 points to win in todays NFL, I wasn't talking about our Defense being bad. I was talking scores being put up across the NFL due to the touch football rule changes.  Improved Blocking is needed to get Dalton, Green, Boyd, Mixon scoring points like Chiefs, Saints, Rams. The NFL is putting up basketball scores now, less of those 14 to 10 games.  Bengals have to put up basketball scores also, and that will take a Bell Cow Tackle added to Block.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You're not specifically saying why many project Williams as RT or guard though. The argument for guard was due to length. I haven't seen any reasoning outside of that.

That's because there isn't. People talked themselves out of it, but I have heard recently he still is potentially a top 10 pick. The process kind of plays out in waves as people fall in and out of love with guys as they look for reasons to hate prospects. Williams I think has a floor of an average tackle for 10 years with a ceiling of couple time pro bowler down the line. He isn't flashy but he can be an anchor on a line for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You're not specifically saying why many project Williams as RT or guard though. The argument for guard was due to length. I haven't seen any reasoning outside of that.

I think everyone was expecting to see him have an outstanding game against Clemson and he underwhelmed.  There were a couple of plays were he got worked over pretty good.

That being said, he's an upgrade for us.  IF I go OT in the draft, I want someone that will replace Hart.  That would be Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 03:39 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think everyone was expecting to see him have an outstanding game against Clemson and he underwhelmed.  There were a couple of plays were he got worked over pretty good.

That being said, he's an upgrade for us.  IF I go OT in the draft, I want someone that will replace Hart.  That would be Taylor.

My favorite right tackle prospect is Taylor and my favorite left tackle potential is Dillard
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 03:39 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think everyone was expecting to see him have an outstanding game against Clemson and he underwhelmed.  There were a couple of plays were he got worked over pretty good.

I think any of the following can be a good replacement for Hart:
Williams
Taylor
Ford
Risner
McGary

From at least a pass protection standpoint, I'd include Dillard too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote