Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jawann Taylor or Jonah Williams to Bengals in Round 1
I get everyone who wants a LB at 11 but I don't think there are any worth a pick at 11 other than White. Bush just seems like a forced pick at 11, reminds me of Dawson. We have plenty of holes on this team but halfway through the year the past few years has been the Oline. Sure our LBers suck but the Oline in today's league seems more important. It's a Offensive friendly league if you have decent protection the sky's the limit. You can have multiple pro bowlers on D but the rules are so stacked against them it's a joke. Defense doesn't win championships anymore, having an offense that can score 40 every week with an average D will get the job done.

I would imagine Taylor would want this line fixed to see what he really has in Dalton. Eliminate as many excuses as possible and see what he can do. Bobby Hart is our starting RT, that should be enough to scare the crap out of anyone wanting anything other Than a tackle at 11. Fix the line and get a few LBers in rounds 3+ this year while there are some decent prospects. Fix the line early this year to help Dalton, and to gel for the future QB next year.
Reply/Quote
I would not mind either and I agree the Oline needs some help. I expect us to wait and see who falls and take the BPA. I do not think White will fall to us so without him the other LBs are not worth the value here.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 05:23 AM)kevin Wrote: It just makes sense.  What good are Dalton, AJ Green, Boyd, Mixon if we don't have BLOCKING ????   You people want WINS.   I'll tell you what WINS in today's NFL.  POINTS.  Anymore you have to put 40 or 50 points on the board to be in the game. Teams are scoring big points under the new rules.  

The huge weak area of Bengals O Line now is Tackle.  Don't even think about the guards we might be able to put there.  That does not make up for the weakness at Tackle.  

We can get good D players in Rounds 2 and 3.  

Bengals need Offensive Tackle in Round 1. Otherwise they will not get big seasons out of Dalton, Green, Boyd, Mixon. They need a Bell Cow draft pick that can play Left Tackle or Right Tackle for Bengals.  I say both because injuries happen.

My advise to Bengals is forget LB in 1, and don't take a QB in 1 and sit him or Dalton and be weak at OT.   DRAFT THE OT.

Last year Bengals got a Center. Now get a Tackle. Like the 1980's 2 Super Bowl Bengals did, BUILD THAT O LINE.

The best defense is a good offense and you can only have a good offense with good BLOCKING.   Score points, Eat Clock, Keep the other teams QB off the field.

In todays NFL, you have to be putting 40 to 50 points on the board.  Bengals blocking is lucky to score 10 points.
Andre Dillard,Taylor,or Ed Oliver or Lawrence.I would be happy or if Devin White is there,they HAVE to grab him.But so many teams ahead of us want him,he will be gone,gone,so its the top OL or a top DL guy first.I believe they are going defense first.Biggest weakness and we need help for real on defense,finished last in 2018
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 05:23 AM)kevin Wrote: It just makes sense.  What good are Dalton, AJ Green, Boyd, Mixon if we don't have BLOCKING ????   You people want WINS.   I'll tell you what WINS in today's NFL.  POINTS.  Anymore you have to put 40 or 50 points on the board to be in the game. Teams are scoring big points under the new rules.  

The huge weak area of Bengals O Line now is Tackle.  Don't even think about the guards we might be able to put there.  That does not make up for the weakness at Tackle.  

We can get good D players in Rounds 2 and 3.  

Bengals need Offensive Tackle in Round 1. Otherwise they will not get big seasons out of Dalton, Green, Boyd, Mixon. They need a Bell Cow draft pick that can play Left Tackle or Right Tackle for Bengals.  I say both because injuries happen.

My advise to Bengals is forget LB in 1, and don't take a QB in 1 and sit him or Dalton and be weak at OT.   DRAFT THE OT.

Last year Bengals got a Center. Now get a Tackle. Like the 1980's 2 Super Bowl Bengals did, BUILD THAT O LINE.

The best defense is a good offense and you can only have a good offense with good BLOCKING.   Score points, Eat Clock, Keep the other teams QB off the field.

In todays NFL, you have to be putting 40 to 50 points on the board.  Bengals blocking is lucky to score 10 points.

I wouldn't be against taking a OT at 11, but it should be someone who is going be a very good OT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote