Several outlets reporting it
Reply/Quote
Sounds like it could be a 3 team trade, Reds get prospects in return
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Git er done
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
That was quick. Now Buster Olney is tweeting the deal is dead due to medical reasons, but doesn't say which player had the issue, Bruce, Saunders or one of the unnamed prospects.
Reply/Quote
What a surprise, another busted reds trade.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 02:38 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: That was quick. Now Buster Olney is tweeting the deal is dead due to medical reasons, but doesn't say which player had the issue, Bruce, Saunders or one of the unnamed prospects.

Well given Saunders history of never being healthy...I think it's a fair guess to say him
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 04:43 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Well given Saunders history of never being healthy...I think it's a fair guess to say him

That was my guess too, but Bruce has had some knee issues lately as well.

UPDATE: It was Saunders' knee that killed the current deal.
Reply/Quote
Is Bruce even worth much at this point? Just curious.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
The blue Jay's are looking at losing Bautista, could we trade Bruce and votto for rental Bautista?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 09:21 PM)magikod Wrote: Is Bruce even worth much at this point? Just curious.

No. Probably best waiting if he catches fire.

(02-23-2016, 09:25 PM)Storer50 Wrote: The blue Jay's are looking at losing Bautista, could we trade Bruce and votto for rental Bautista?

No. NO. 
And No. 

But more importantly, WHY?!?! Why would this in any way make sense? 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 09:56 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No. Probably best waiting if he catches fire.

No. NO. 
And No. 

But more importantly, WHY?!?! Why would this in any way make sense? 

I think the Jays are going for it all this year, so I doubt trading Bautista is anywhere on their radar pre-season. However, if it was a pure money move, plus a couple top prospects would make it workable. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 09:25 PM)Storer50 Wrote: The blue Jay's are looking at losing Bautista, could we trade Bruce and votto for rental Bautista?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 02:30 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think the Jays are going for it all this year, so I doubt trading Bautista is anywhere on their radar pre-season. However, if it was a pure money move, plus a couple top prospects would make it workable. 

No it wouldn't. 
We aren't taking on money. He's going to be 36 and a FA. 
What would be the purpose? 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 12:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No it wouldn't. 
We aren't taking on money. He's going to be 36 and a FA. 
What would be the purpose? 

We would take on the money for a year to be clear of Votto and Bruce's contracts. Just like an NBA trade for an expiring contract. The Reds would just let Bautista walk after the season or maybe even flip him at the deadline. The real point of the trade would be clearing future money and getting more prospects.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 11:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: We would take on the money for a year to be clear of Votto and Bruce's contracts. Just like an NBA trade for an expiring contract. The Reds would just let Bautista walk after the season or maybe even flip him at the deadline. The real point of the trade would be clearing future money and getting more prospects.

Why would you want to get rid of Votto's contract?!?!? 
It's not that bad. And he's an MVP player for the next 5 years. 
Reply/Quote
When in the next 5 years is this team going to be competitive?
Reply/Quote
Four years ago we are up two game to none against a team that has won two World Championships in that time frame and now we're gonna be the worst team in MLB. "Turrible" and I mean "turrible" management from the ownership on down. Pisses me off!
Reply/Quote
Votto isn't going anywhere. Some of you must think the only thing that counts is the lowest payroll. Heck, Votto's the only player who can hit. 300 on the team and you want him gone.
Oh, I get it.. YOU have to personally pay his salary out of your pocket..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 12:34 AM)Storer50 Wrote: When in the next 5 years is this team going to be competitive?

2018 isn't out of the question (see Cubs, Mets and Astros) 
Reply/Quote
If they ever do trade Jay, I have no doubt that he will do a Paul O'Neill on us. Good player here, goes somewhere else and finds his real groove.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote