Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Jay Glazer on Zac Taylor
I think that I see season tickets somewhere in my future. (I plan on moving back to Ohio in the next 5 years)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that I see season tickets somewhere in my future.  (I plan on moving back to Ohio in the next 5 years)

Of course you'll let your ol buddy tag along for a game or two, won't you? Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 08:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Of course you'll let your ol buddy tag along for a game or two, won't you? Tongue

Of course!  Besides, the wife will likely grow tired of going, after a game or two.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 05:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Back when I published the thread on "placing your bets"  the three coaches that had me most excited were Taylor, Waldron, and Bieniemy.  When the team flew out to Los Angeles, it indicated to me and some others, that Taylor was their guy.  

I was excited when the team hired Marvin Lewis and it was a breath of fresh air; a much needed change toward hope.  Lewis transformed a laughing stock of a franchise into a perennial playoff contender.  It was a good day to be a Bengal fan.  But the shadow of Mike Brown lurked in the darkness behind the scenes.  Coaches under performed but yet were retained.  Just being competitive was an acceptable goal.  If free agents were signed, they were usually ineffective and pass their prime.  Instrumental players did not receive contracts and were let go.  

But this year is different.  I was praying that the team would not hire an internal candidate like Hue or Lazor.  But I do not recall in my lifetime as a Bengal fan, that the Bengal Organization fired so many coaches while under contract and cleaned house like this year.  

Moreover, what makes this different for me, is the glimpse that Mike Brown has stepped back.  I mean seriously, I opined that I thought Mike Brown and Lewis were joined at the hip, and it may be reality.  Mike Brown was not a major factor or decision maker in selecting Taylor.  This in of itself is reason to rejoice to the heavens!  30 years suffering under Mike Brown as a Bengal fan is assuaged by the healing balm of the potential Zac Taylor hiring.  I would have been excited by the potential hiring of Taylor, or the fact that Mike Brown has receded his role in team operations.  But the possibility of both becoming reality is like winning the lottery.  

Then as a fan you learn that Taylor blew away everyone during the interview process.  That indicates charisma with substance.  I only hope that Taylor gets Sherman, an OC he really likes and a nasty upcoming DC  that will get in the face of under performing players.  This is a GREAT day to be a Bengal fan!   Yes
I do believe I read, that Sherman is actually Zak's father in law. That might make holidays bizarre...
Reply/Quote
It's exciting to be a Bengals fan again ! Perhaps our staying the course will finally pay off ?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 08:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I do believe I read, that Sherman is actually Zak's father in law. That might make holidays bizarre...

Especially if Zac wants Press Taylor, his brother to be on the team in some capacity.  They will have to change the name of the Bengals to the Cincinnati Taylors.   Shocked
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Man, if this dude Josh McDaniels us this board will blow up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Man, if this dude Josh McDaniels us this board will blow up.

McDaniels is the next HC of NE. That's what convinced him to stay.

Given that McVay isn't going anywhere, I don't see how Taylor can be sold on passing up a HC gig, and remain in LA as a co-coordinator.

I do feel your anxiety and that of all Bengals fans. It's like get it over with already and let's open this bottle of wine.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Man, if this dude Josh McDaniels us this board will blow up.

Why
Do 
This?

Freakout
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that I see season tickets somewhere in my future.  (I plan on moving back to Ohio in the next 5 years)

(01-16-2019, 08:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Of course you'll let your ol buddy tag along for a game or two, won't you? Tongue

Is there room for a third wheel?  Rock On
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 10:35 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Is there room for a third wheel?  Rock On

In all seriousness, I will most likely make a trip or two this season up to the Queen City.  One or two for the Bengals, and at least one for the Reds.  I haven't been to a ball game up there since 2015.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 10:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: In all seriousness, I will most likely make a trip or two this season up to the Queen City.  One or two for the Bengals, and at least one for the Reds.  I haven't been to a ball game up there since 2015.

Same. I am excited to watch Puig and the Reds. It's about dam time to. Probably get a 1/4 season ticket, I'll treat you to one of those if you want to catch a few. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 10:58 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: In all seriousness, I will most likely make a trip or two this season up to the Queen City.  One or two for the Bengals, and at least one for the Reds.  I haven't been to a ball game up there since 2015.

And we’ve sucked since 15...so it’s your fault!

Reply/Quote
Last game I went to was Browns in 15. I'm going next season myself
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And we’ve sucked since 15...so it’s your fault!

LMAO I guess you could infer that indeed.  I got big shoulders, lay it on me...lol.

(01-17-2019, 11:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Last game I went to was Browns in 15. I'm going next season myself

The last one I was at was the thriller against Seattle.  I was sitting in the endzone where Nuge doinked the game winner in off the upright.

Fun fact, the only loss I've attended at Riverfront or PBS was the '09 playoff game.  I was even at the 1st win in '08. :andy:

The reason I didn't go back was because Marvin was extended after the meltdown in the playoffs. The FO has shown me something this year, I said I would go back when they showed they were serious about contending. I need to honor my words.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:26 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Same. I am excited to watch Puig and the Reds. It's about dam time to. Probably get a 1/4 season ticket, I'll treat you to one of those if you want to catch a few. 

Thank you my brother, I might just take you up on that! :andy:

Yes, I am definitely excited about Cincy sports again.  Even if the moves fail, effort is all you can ask for, and both teams are making the moves to try and win.  Not much more you can ask for.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Thank you my brother, I might just take you up on that! :andy:

Yes, I am definitely excited about Cincy sports again.  Even if the moves fail, effort is all you can ask for, and both teams are making the moves to try and win.  Not much more you can ask for.

Just thinking out loud here, but maybe Brown saw what the Reds have done this offseason and decided he didn't want to be the only negative in Cincy anymore?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just thinking out loud here, but maybe Brown saw what the Reds have done this offseason and decided he didn't want to be the only negative in Cincy anymore?

Interesting point.....I would hope that isn't the case, but ya never know, especially with Mikey.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 03:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think it was the drafting of carson that got me excited back then

Agreed. It was also the emergence of Chad Johnson (1166 yards in 2002) for me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 03:55 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Fair...but doesn’t it beat the Steelers not even being on step one at this point?

It’s all perspective.

The Steelers are miles ahead of the Bengals in terms of organizational skills and thinking. Mikey is a moron compared to them. They do need to change coaches but they have been a far more successful team than we have. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote