Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Jay Glazer on Zac Taylor
(01-17-2019, 04:29 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The Steelers are miles ahead of the Bengals in terms of organizational skills and thinking. Mikey is a moron compared to them. They do need to change coaches but they have been a far more successful team than we have. 

The thing about them is, they're creating their own demise.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And we’ve sucked since 15...so it’s your fault!

And all this time I thought it was my fault for not going fishing often enough. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just thinking out loud here, but maybe Brown saw what the Reds have done this offseason and decided he didn't want to be the only negative in Cincy anymore?

If absolutely nothing else the river front should see a bit more traffic than normal at least until it's been established they're all wrong. None of us knows if it'll work, but at least different people will get the blame if things go south. What would be cool is if both teams win championships in the same year or close.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 05:33 PM)grampahol Wrote: And all this time I thought it was my fault for not going fishing often enough. 

You've been redeemed gramps.....let off the hook, if you will.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:52 PM)McC Wrote: The thing about them is, they're creating their own demise.

I would trust them to 'right the ship' faster than Mikey can even get on a ship. If we are going to look to get better them them on a consistent basis it will take more than a coaching change. 

Their personnel department is twice the size of ours and they also have many more coaches

https://www.steelers.com/team/front-office-roster/

Quantity does not trump quality but like I said before if they have the same quality then they have quantity in their favor as well. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 06:25 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I would trust them to 'right the ship' faster than Mikey can even get on a ship. If we are going to look to get better them them on a consistent basis it will take more than a coaching change. 

Their personnel department is twice the size of ours and they also have many more coaches

https://www.steelers.com/team/front-office-roster/

Quantity does not trump quality but like I said before if they have the same quality then they have quantity in their favor as well. 

Yeah, you can't wait for them to fall.  You have to get good enough to take them down.   We've had the talent but Marv couldn't conquer the mental game against them.  And he somehow passed it on to his team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that I see season tickets somewhere in my future. (I plan on moving back to Ohio in the next 5 years)

We need seats next to each other along with Wyche and ‘74.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We need seats next to each other along with Wyche and ‘74.

Oh yeah, and if the coach got in a jamb?  He could just put a call into our section for advice!   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals’ new coach is as good as I think he’ll be, the former president will become the second most famous Zac Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If the Bengals’ new coach is as good as I think he’ll be, the former president will become the second most famous Zac Taylor.

Where will he rank among Coach Taylor’s though?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7307199]

Reply/Quote
Honestly, it could be great, or it could be a bust. These young, offensive-minded coaches are certainly the fad du jour, but they're not all sure things.

At the very least it makes following the team interesting again though, so I'm all for it.
Reply/Quote
It’s tough for me to pony up an excuse to spend a couple hundred bucks to go to a game since I just spent thousands ona mancave. But exceptions will have to be made in the future if things work out like we hope.

Reply/Quote
Going through and watching some more videos about Zac Taylor this morning. A couple of things that really caught my attention was Ian Rapoport talking about what a commanding presence Taylor has in the Rams organization, even though he's just the QB coach. Another was Vince Suriano describing Taylor's teaching methods and how in depth his designs and instructions are. 

The more I learn about Taylor, the more excited I am about him as the new head coach.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote: This part made me say wow.  Targeted for weeks toward the end of the season.

Yea and here we thought it was Marvin's decision. Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 02:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yea and here we thought it was Marvin's decision. Cry

they let marvin save some face  with the mutually parting ways. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 02:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Going through and watching some more videos about Zac Taylor this morning. A couple of things that really caught my attention was Ian Rappaport talking about what a commanding presence Taylor has in the Rams organization, even though he's just the QB coach. Another was Vince Suriano describing Taylor's teaching methods and how in depth his designs and instructions are. 

The more I learn about Taylor, the more excited I am about him as the new head coach.  :andy:

A commanding presence? Damn this just keeps sounding better and better, thanks Holic.
Reply/Quote
I'm behind the hire. As has been said ad nauseum, it was well past time to move on from Marvin. So any change (provided it doesn't take Mike as long to move along this time around) is good. Even if it ends up being a bad hire, well, we haven't really lost much considering our current trajectory. But if it's a good hire, then we've gotten a gem and steal. The risk is worth the reward. I'm 35, so's Coach Taylor, so having a guy my age who has enough experience to know what they're talking about but is young enough to relate to the guys is a big plus.

If nothing else, it's a net positive as we won't have to hear Marvin's absolutely miserable and bland press conferences on Mondays! LOL
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote

It does seems like the brass is sold on Taylor and his vision, and are willing to turn over the reigns to a large degree.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 04:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
It does seems like the brass is sold on Taylor and his vision, and are willing to turn over the reigns to a large degree.

Regarding the tweet, this move does show the difference between now and 2003, but it also proves that the HC's power didn't leave with Marvin, as some thought it would.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 04:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Regarding the tweet, this move does show the difference between now and 2003, but it also proves that the HC's power didn't leave with Marvin, as some thought it would.

We heard that for years didn't we !
Reply/Quote