Other
25.93%
7 25.93%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Think About 2020?
Well, Bengaldom, it seems we’ve come to a critical point in the season. What would you do about the Bengals quarterback situation for 2020?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a big fan of drafting one year wonders high. Yeah, sometimes they work out, but when the Bengals do it they flop. So that leaves out Burrows.

I'd prefer we took the best impact player available regardless of position and start building a new core roster.

But, frankly, I don't see that Mike Brown, Taylor and the other cronies have what it takes to build a winning roster.

Reply/Quote
I voted other. As much as we need... I am more than willing to trade down with that top pick to turn it in to multiple high picks. Trade Dalton for a decent pick/s. Lets see what we have with Dolegala and Finley. What's the worst that could happen? We start 2020 0-8? Initiate a massive rebuild. If the young QBs don't cut it draft one after we do a huge overhaul of this mentally broken roster.
Reply/Quote
I might have to see Finley play at least one game before I can make a premature decision.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Gotta say at this time I am deathly afraid of Tua and a screw job ligament surgery. I remember when AJ Greens screw job ligament surgery was supposed to be a 4-6 week deal. Watching Tua limp around tonight... Looked like a guy shit bag Tobin wouldn't be able to pass up. Bama has a history of producing damaged goods. Tobin is the type of guy who would take the damaged goods QB at #1............ God damn it...
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 11:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Well, Bengaldom, it seems we’ve come to a critical point in the season. What would you do about the Bengals quarterback situation for 2020?

I need a lot more info. How does Finley play in 2019 or Jake if given the chance. If Finley looks like Brady, we don't need a QB. If he looks like a solid back up QB, then we need a QB.

It also depends on the QB class. 3 of them look very solid. Tua and Burrow looked liked better NFL QB's potentially than Dalton yesterday in my opinion. But long way to go including combine to determine if they would be a feast to hold us over at QB (franchise QB) for 10 years or a snack and we end up in Brown's QB mode or revolving hamsters wheel looking for the guy.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 01:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm not a big fan of drafting one year wonders high. Yeah, sometimes they work out, but when the Bengals do it they flop. So that leaves out Burrows.

I'd prefer we took the best impact player available regardless of position and start building a new core roster.

But, frankly, I don't see that Mike Brown, Taylor and the other cronies have what it takes to build a winning roster.

2018 - On offense, the Tigers were led by redshirt junior quarterback Joe Burrow, who finished with 2,894 passing yards and 23 total touchdowns (16 passing and 7 rushing). only 5 ints. BTW
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 02:29 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Gotta say at this time I am deathly afraid of Tua and a screw job ligament surgery. I remember when AJ Greens screw job ligament surgery was supposed to be a 4-6 week deal. Watching Tua limp around tonight... Looked like a guy shit bag Tobin wouldn't be able to pass up. Bama has a history of producing damaged goods. Tobin is the type of guy who would take the damaged goods QB at #1............ God damn it...

Tua was some 20 days out from the injury.

My case against Tua is that he is on a loaded offense. WR's, RB, Offensive Line. QB's usually look good in that situation.

Burrow has also been a 1-year wonder. LSU is also loaded at WR, RB, and Offensive Line. Take a look at Burrows numbers last year. They weren't that good. Also at OSU they made fun of his arm strength. I just wonder if that will be exposed in the NFL?

My GUESS is that IF Taylor is still here...he brings in Tannehill to start and then they draft a QB depending on where we pick. IF we pick 1, they'll go Burrow. 2 Tua. Some other high spot, maybe they go OT and Hurts later.

Whoever we draft is going to have the Bengals Management and Coaching stacked against them. It will be tough to succeed here.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Tua was some 20 days out from the injury.

My case against Tua is that he is on a loaded offense. WR's, RB, Offensive Line. QB's usually look good in that situation.

Burrow has also been a 1-year wonder. LSU is also loaded at WR, RB, and Offensive Line. Take a look at Burrows numbers last year. They weren't that good. Also at OSU they made fun of his arm strength. I just wonder if that will be exposed in the NFL?

My GUESS is that IF Taylor is still here...he brings in Tannehill to start and then they draft a QB depending on where we pick. IF we pick 1, they'll go Burrow. 2 Tua. Some other high spot, maybe they go OT and Hurts later.

Whoever we draft is going to have the Bengals Management and Coaching stacked against them. It will be tough to succeed here.

This team was a playoff team year after year not long ago. What changed?

They had poor drafts, but prior they had good to great drafts starting the year they had their best draft position drafting Dalton (at time we still had Palmer) in round 2 and AJ Green with 4th pick in the draft. So recent history with top 5 picks is on the side of management. To say it does not increase to grab a stud with picks 1-4 is not accurate.

There are misses yes, but when there is a consensus top 5 player by draft experts, then why would any team be blamed for their choice? I think it also comes down to elite talent in the top, some drafts have more than others. Based on what I am seeing, I do see a lot of elite talent in that top 5, but Bengals could always trade down and add more picks (early) in the draft is they don't see the can't miss guy. 

I never root to lose a game, but let's just say I will not be heartbroken if we end up 1-15 in 2019 so we secure a top 3 pick in every round.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 11:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Well, Bengaldom, it seems we’ve come to a critical point in the season. What would you do about the Bengals quarterback situation for 2020?

I've already posted it's not the main problem

First, the Front Office needs a PLAN and a Direction for the next decade or no drafts over the years will help. 

Second, Forrest Gregg said Bengals were TOO WEAK in after 1979 and he would say that now.  This is why if Chase Young remains the best player per ESPN and CBS Sports, then grab him because this Front 7 Defense is the weakest in the NFL.  There are college teams they couldn't tackle.  So take Chase Young the monster edge rusher to do for is what Bosa does for 49ers.   Then grab Dylan Moses THE LINEBACKER from Alabama and we finally get a much needed LB.   Then get some Blockers such as Landon Dickerson from Alabama. 

Yes, Bengals could take a QB in 1.   He will get killed behind the weakest O Line in NFL, but it is what Bengals do on going finesse and not getting The Big Boys.  Drafting a QB in 1 is no PLAN, that is just hoping he can win a few games with worst team in NFL.   A real PLAN would be to try to make this not the worst and weakest team in NFL first, then in 2021 think QB. 

The Bengals are The Bungles in 1-15 over the last 16 games, and no college QB is going to fix this mess. We need Defense and O Line and WE KNOW IT. The Worst Team in The NFL needs a PLAN, not a QB to be another scapegoat for the fans.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 01:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This team was a playoff team year after year not long ago. What changed?

They had poor drafts, but prior they had good to great drafts starting the year they had their best draft position drafting Dalton (at time we still had Palmer) in round 2 and AJ Green with 4th pick in the draft. So recent history with top 5 picks is on the side of management. To say it does not increase to grab a stud with picks 1-4 is not accurate.

There are misses yes, but when there is a consensus top 5 player by draft experts, then why would any team be blamed for their choice? I think it also comes down to elite talent in the top, some drafts have more than others. Based on what I am seeing, I do see a lot of elite talent in that top 5, but Bengals could always trade down and add more picks (early) in the draft is they don't see the can't miss guy. 

I never root to lose a game, but let's just say I will not be heartbroken if we end up 1-15 in 2019 so we secure a top 3 pick in every round.

Good question. I read some articles about how in 2015 they changed their scouting. Also seems we went BAP years ago.

I think some of drafting is luck. Like finding a potential HOFer in Atkins in the 4th Round...you really can't plan that.

AJ Green was a Top 5 pick also. We usually hit on those.

We just missed a lot lately. Some of it was being too cute. Some was risky picks on injured guys.

It's really hard to just pinpoint the issues down to 1 or 2 things.

We lost a lot of key guys in free agency 3-4 years ago and didn't replace most of them with equal quality. That's the root cause.
Reply/Quote
Gotta go "Other". Need to trade down and get those draft picks. There's way too many holes to ever fill otherwise.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I chose the 'Other' option "Not be a Fan of the Bengals team or Organization next year"
Reply/Quote
I don't think it matters. This franchise is dead
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 02:06 PM)kevin Wrote: Yes, Bengals could take a QB in 1.   He will get killed behind the weakest O Line in NFL, but it is what Bengals do on going finesse and not getting The Big Boys.  Drafting a QB in 1 is no PLAN, that is just hoping he can win a few games with worst team in NFL.   A real PLAN would be to try to make this not the worst and weakest team in NFL first, then in 2021 think QB. 

The Bengals are The Bungles in 1-15 over the last 16 games, and no college QB is going to fix this mess.   We need Defense and O Line and WE KNOW IT.  The Worst Team in The NFL needs a PLAN, not a QB to be another scapegoat for the fans.

You can't build a perfect roster then insert a perfect QB. No roster in the NFL is perfect and never will be...

You draft a QB and build around him just like they did with Dalton. They already have a left tackle to play I say go QB if they believe there is one worth taking and either go RT in FA or round 2....Jedrick Wills Alabama RT could be a guy...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Draft Joe Burrow and then the best lineman available on either side of the ball the rest of the draft. Hopefully our#1 from last year is ready to go and pans out. This would be a great start.
Reply/Quote