Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa
Wow. Jay Hayes is one of the good ones. This sucks.

Gone:
Hue Jackson (OC)
Vance Joseph (Secondary)
Jay Hayes (Dline)
Matt Burke (LBs)
Plus we need a new QB coach

In:
Ken Zampese (OC)
Jim Haslett (LBs)
Kevin Coyle was rumored to be returning, but no word in several days on that

We just lost all 3 position coaches of the defense. Burke and Hayes made lateral moves. Makes you wonder.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:00 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: More sun, less taxes.

I'd still take job security though.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:52 PM)Benton Wrote: Just guessing, but I would say he probably looked at it as a way to get noticed more. 

The last couple decades we've made do with the DL. We don't take many 1-2 round draft picks for it and when we do take somebody, it's usually of the safe variety. We've found some FA and later round help, but if I was hayes, I don't think I would be looking to get a high first round pick on this team.

He might have the feeling in Tampa he can make a decent mark by developing whoever it is they've got/will get.

After a little more thought, and looking at it from your perspective, I better understand and considering after 13 years in one place in one position, it just might be time to move in general. Hey, at least there's no income tax in Florida! Better weather, more golf courses, beaches and the scenery that goes with that, and fresh seafood ....

(01-15-2016, 06:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This was his first/only season with the 49ers. He was with Atlanta before that.

He's got some experience under his belt, including a total of 7 years as DC. Could be one of those subtle 'upgrades' that helps push us over the hump....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Maybe we grab Jim Tomsula. Great guy....not a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:05 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Maybe we grab Jim Tomsula.  Great guy....not a head coach.

Tomsula is a great DL coach. Well respected
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wow. Jay Hayes is one of the good ones. This sucks.

Gone:
Hue Jackson (OC)
Vance Joseph (Secondary)
Jay Hayes (Dline)
Matt Burke (LBs)
Plus we need a new QB coach

In:
Ken Zampese (OC)
Jim Haslett (LBs)
Kevin Coyle was rumored to be returning, but no word in several days on that

We just lost all 3 position coaches of the defense. Burke and Hayes made lateral moves. Makes you wonder.

Haven't seen the Kevin Coyle addition yet, officially....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Maybe because Guenther is staying and theres no opportunity to promote..
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Maybe because Guenther is staying and theres no opportunity to promote..

Well it's not like there was an opportunity with Zimmer here, but they didn't leave then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:41 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Our coaches are bailing!  Except Paul Alexander, of course.

.....and the shitty Hayes brother and Zampese. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:00 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: More sun, less taxes.

I think this is probably what's going on. The guy just wanted to move to a warmer climate. Maybe got a raise? 
Reply/Quote
Burke and VJ are really close friends. So that makes sense especially since Burke was a Schwartz guy.

As far as Jay.... Maybe more money with the promise to move up if Mike Smith moves on.... He was never gonna be more than the DL coach here.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:43 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I haven't heard anymore about Coyle coming here.

From what I've pieced together, he's put himself in a holding pattern. Hue wants Ray Horton to be his DC in Cleveland. The Titans won't release Horton until they hire a new head coach, and that guy will decide if Horton can go. As a backup plan, Hue has interviewed Coyle for the DC position in case Horton can't shake free from the Titans.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:07 PM)gobobro Wrote: From what I've pieced together, he's put himself in a holding pattern. Hue wants Ray Horton to be his DC in Cleveland. The Titans won't release Horton until they hire a new head coach, and that guy will decide if Horton can go. As a backup plan, Hue has interviewed Coyle for the DC position in case Horton can't shake free from the Titans.

Where did you see he interviewed Coyle?

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/688118941621727233

We interviewed greg Jackson from Michigan
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where did you see he interviewed Coyle?  

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/688118941621727233

We interviewed greg Jackson from Michigan

Whoops, not interview. Jason La Canfora says to keep and eye on Coyle for Brown's DC (he accidentally said Bengals DC, which is what initially drew my attention. His next Tweet corrected that to Brown's).
Reply/Quote
Wow, Hayes was one of my favorite position coaches..

Oh well.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Looks like the defensive coaches are paying the price for not being able to control their guys.

The Hayes move screams "asked to leave", as does the report that Mark Carrier is "no longer with the Bengals".
Reply/Quote
Shaping up to be a disaster of a season. But MB waited a year too late and has paid for it. So he gets what he deserves. Further proof Marvin is a lame duck. Now he doesn't even have his defense staff to see him off. What a week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Shaping up to be a disaster of a season. But MB waited a year too late and has paid for it. So he gets what he deserves. Further proof Marvin is a lame duck. Now he doesn't even have his defense staff to see him off. What a week.
How do we know that this is not a defensive shakeup?
Reply/Quote
Hayes isn't a huge loss any coach can be successful with a healthy Geno and Dunlap as your two key guys. Also what about the fact that Hunt and Clark have produced jack shit during their  career here. Shouldn't Hayes take some responsibility for that?Coaching is so overrated in pro sports anyways it isn't a big deal. If your going to freak freak when we loose Iloka and Jones. Those two loses will mean a shot ton more than any coach on the roster.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
So Marvin had to replace 4 or 5 coaches going into the last year on his contract.

Makes sense.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote