Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Morrison joins PFN
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
So happy for him that he got another gig: I can maybe think of 2 guys on the beat who are LESS-deserving of being let go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad he landed in his feet quick. I found it strange the athletic had two writers for the Bengals anyhow
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 02:12 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Glad he landed in his feet quick. I found it strange the athletic had two writers for the Bengals anyhow

shoot Cleveland.com has 2 reporters covering the Bengals, Mohammad Ahmad and Andrew Gillis, so why shouldn't The Athletic a publication devoted entirely to sports. 

I'm glad Jay landed on his feet.  I would have missed his crazy stats when games came along

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 02:31 PM)pally Wrote: shoot Cleveland.com has 2 reporters covering the Bengals, Mohammad Ahmad and Andrew Gillis, so why shouldn't The Athletic a publication devoted entirely to sports. 

I'm glad Jay landed on his feet.  I would have missed his crazy stats when games came along

Well, they don't now. Mohammed sucks and blocked me on Twitter.  
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 02:31 PM)pally Wrote: shoot Cleveland.com has 2 reporters covering the Bengals, Mohammad Ahmad and Andrew Gillis, so why shouldn't The Athletic a publication devoted entirely to sports. 

The Athletic is losing money big time. Jay is great. Their podcast together with Paul fantastic. Having 2 was probably a luxury
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 04:40 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Athletic is losing money big time. Jay is great. Their podcast together with Paul fantastic. Having 2 was probably a luxury

For a buck a month I subscribed through the NYTimes..not sure it's worth the dollar though..Probably going to drop the Times though..Rate keeps going up..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I didn't know till just today the Athletic was purchased by the NYTimes last year for $550 million. The Times is shutting down it's sports reporting section and having the Athletic handle sports reporting for the Times. 
Quote:As a business, The Athletic has yet to turn a profit. It reported a loss of $7.8 million in the first quarter of this year. But the number of paying subscribers has grown to more than three million as of March 2023, from just over one million when it was acquired.

In case you don't know the NYTimes has pretty deep pockets.. $7.8 million is chicken feed to them.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 02:17 AM)grampahol Wrote: I didn't know till just today the Athletic was purchased by the NYTimes last year for $550 million. The Times is shutting down it's sports reporting section and having the Athletic handle sports reporting for the Times. 

In case you don't know the NYTimes has pretty deep pockets.. $7.8 million is chicken feed to them.. 

It costs zero dollars to put out crap content :).
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 09:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: For a buck a month I subscribed through the NYTimes..not sure it's worth the dollar though..Probably going to drop the Times though..Rate keeps going up..

nyt definite aint worth a dollar for even a hole year
Reply/Quote
This is good for everyone, Jay is good at what he does.
Reply/Quote
Keeping Jay on the Bengals beat is a huge positive for us.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 02:29 PM)Leon Wrote: nyt definite aint worth a dollar for even a hole year

Like the other rags are better.. I read it every morning.. 

Reply/Quote