Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jealous people
So how was your trip?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 12:31 PM)xxlt Wrote: I saw no signs of bragging in the OP.
Someone leaves to pick up a sick child. On said coworker's return people ask, "Hey, is your kid o.k.?"
People come in on Monday morning. They ask each other, "How was your weekend?"
People clock out. They ask each other, "Doing anything special after work today?"
People return from vacation. People ask, "How was your trip?"
A common thread in the above examples is that people ask ( they have shown interest ).
IDK how large his company is. Where I once worked there were over 300 folks in the building.The ones I bowled with,played tennis,fixed cars with, went to dinner or movies with, shared some common interests.I didn't socialize with everyone from the job on my personal time. Everyone is not interested in my after work life, nor am I  interested in every coworkers life. I am not the center of the universe.
Most of your examples need short answers, where as vacation answers are usually long and accompanied by photos.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think what the OP is describing is the "woe is me" type co-worker.

These people think they have the worst luck and that life is just trying to crush them down.

Most of their problems are caused by bad decisions but blindly believe they are destined to be screwed... and that you are privileged and so lucky.

So yeah. I've met some jealous Eeyore asshole co-workers before in my life.

Your vacation only made them feel reinforced of their beliefs.

The other side of it... is if they had to do more work or adjust their hours because of your absence.

If that's the case then yeah they don't care nor want to acknowledge your time off. Tongue
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 10:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never had any co-workers act like they were jealous of me whn I came back from a vacation.  Honest.  No one has ever asked me how I afforded a vacation, and if somone doea not ask about my vacation I do not assume they are jealous.  I just assume that they don't care to hear what I did on my vacation. The only people I ever see get grief for anything like that are the people who always try to act like they were better than everyone else.  

For some reason it sounds like you were expecting (hoping) that people would be jealous of you before you even talked to anyone.

Yeah, pretty much.

(03-18-2017, 03:22 PM)xxlt Wrote: Something tells me if Courtney had only ridden a llama your life would have been completely different. Our lives are so mysterious. Wink

Ah, the road (llama) not taken.

The OP was excited because he went on a trip and wanted to brag about it and reminisce.  This does not make him a bad person.  His coworkers (save the one who crossed the line by interrogating him and asking financial questions) ignored him and didn't want to hear about his vacation, which does not make them bad people. 

Bottom line, if someone expresses interest about your vacation, then by all means blather on to your heart's content. They'll make an excuse to get away if they tire of you.  However, if they don't ask, then don't get your feelings hurt and just forget it.  Finally, if they act like an asshole and ask you personal financial questions, tell them to go piss up a rope.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
After " 40 winks " perhaps bragging was too harsh a term to use for packerbacker,maybe bludgeon,hammering or overwhelming-j/k.
Even being on the same job and making the same money does not equate to the same living costs.
We all have different priorities.We have areas we want to live, vehicles we want to drive,different indulgences etc...
Our life circumstances are different.There are many things that affect a persons' income .
Student loans,sickly children,hospital stays,parents in old folks home or needing financial help,vehicle problems,siblings needing help, spouse needing specialized care,etc......
To assume debt is due solely to mismanagement may be unwise.Packer did comeback at the lady instead of just going away.He knew she worked two jobs but did he know why ?
When two are having words on the job it could escalate (go postal ).When one is calm, often the situation defuses.
Apology to packerbacker for using the word bragging.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 06:19 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: A common thread in the above examples is that people ask ( they have shown interest ).
IDK how large his company is. Where I once worked there were over 300 folks in the building.The ones I bowled with,played tennis,fixed cars with, went to dinner or movies with, shared some common interests.I didn't socialize with everyone from the job on my personal time. Everyone is not interested in my after work life, nor am I  interested in every coworkers life. I am not the center of the universe.
Most of your examples need short answers, where as vacation answers are usually long and accompanied by photos.

Fair enough.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
I enjoy vacations once a year but after that I don't want to go anywhere. If I take another vacation I want to hang around home and chill. My Dad wanted to take me somewhere last year after going somewhere 3 months prior I was like Nope staying home. I have been back to work 3 days now and already feel like I am totally back in the swing of things. Its fun to go on vacation but after too long it gets boring and your ready to get home and back to work. I cant not work for too long without going crazy lol. I guess I have become a workalcholic over the years and you get used to it. Anyways my point is after 3 days back at work I myself don't even care about my vacation and it is old news. I get along great with my coworkers its just when I get back from vacation you can tell how jealous they are even if you don't travel anywhere they still are jealous that your off and they are working lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:06 PM)packerbacker Wrote: . You guys have any Jealous coworkers or friends?

Yep. Everytime I drop trou. Wink

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Only time any co-workers give me any grief is if they happened to call my extension and get my voice message.

"**** off. I'm on vacation. Call someone else!"
Reply/Quote
Tongue 

Reply/Quote
I've been on the opposite side of the spectrum, but on the plus side I didn't give a crap where anyone was going or how they were paying for it. I do recall after my first year of grad school a number of my classmates talking about how their parents just keep getting promotions (my cancer-filled father was getting laid off because I had the audacity to come from a dumb ass working class family) and their parents were sending them on reward vacations to here and there.

I have to admit while I was getting ready to take a bus home so I could spend 50+ hours a week working in a factory during my summer break and driving my father to radiation treatments I may have felt a twinge of jealousy. I got over it. Life goes on. Well, it didn't for my old man! ZING!

But seriously, now I work near, not with, lots of older country folk and all they do is complain that their computers "won't work" and that I should be able to help them fix it. I hate everyone.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 08:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've been on the opposite side of the spectrum, but on the plus side I didn't give a crap where anyone was going or how they were paying for it.  I do recall after my first year of grad school a number of my classmates talking about how their parents just keep getting promotions (my cancer-filled father was getting laid off because I had the audacity to come from a dumb ass working class family) and their parents were sending them on reward vacations to here and there.

I have to admit while I was getting ready to take a bus home so I could spend 50+ hours a week working in a factory during my summer break and driving my father to radiation treatments I may have felt a twinge of jealousy.  I got over it.  Life goes on.  Well, it didn't for my old man!  ZING!

But seriously, now I work near, not with, lots of older country folk and all they do is complain that their computers "won't work" and that I should be able to help them fix it.  I hate everyone.

Sorry about your loss Nately.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 08:43 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Sorry about your loss Nately.

It's ok, he really wasn't all that thrilled about being alive anyways.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:06 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I have to vent. I really shouldn't let this stuff bother me but does anyone else get people that are jealous of you after you go on vacation somewhere? I just went to Arizona on vacation and my first day back at work I had a few coworkers that didn't ask about my vacation or would give me the cold shoulder. One in particular said where do you get all the money to go there. She asked me did your parents pay for it and I responded I haven't had someone pay my way since 2009 going on vacation. I know she is in debt and has to work 2 jobs because of it so I responded I cant help it that your in debt lol and walked away. She tells me you must live at home then and I was like nope its called saving your money from working! I just hate Jealous people that try to diminish your accomplishments. This is the exact reason I got off of Facebook is it seems like people are in competiton with each other trying to brag about their accomplishments. You guys have any Jealous coworkers or friends?

If someone doesn't ask you about your vacation its just one less person to have to tell the same story tooo...

I don't see why this would bother anyone I get bothered by people asking what I did on vacation.  because its not their business.
Reply/Quote
BTW I don't mean to pick at nits, but this thread is really about "envious" people, not "jealous" people.

Actually this is all about picking at nits.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 10:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never had any co-workers act like they were jealous of me whn I came back from a vacation.  Honest.  No one has ever asked me how I afforded a vacation, and if somone doea not ask about my vacation I do not assume they are jealous.  I just assume that they don't care to hear what I did on my vacation. The only people I ever see get grief for anything like that are the people who always try to act like they were better than everyone else.  

For some reason it sounds like you were expecting (hoping) that people would be jealous of you before you even talked to anyone.

Re Fredtoast....I agree....
although I don't go on vacations...I go on "staycations".....just spend my off week hanging around my property, deer huntin....as I always take my staycation to line up w/ the RUT....
i'm just a country boy & don't want to go anywhere but the woods to bow hunt....or in the summer fish in my stocked pond or ride my quads w/ my g/f on the many private trails we have .......
I don't need to go somewhere flashy & waste big money....i'm just a simple man....enjoy simple things....
Reply/Quote