Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeb Bush campaign implodes
Jeb Bush says Americans struggling need to work more hours.  Wait, what?  You had a nice run Jeb, time to go back home.  Guess momma Bush was right, this country doesn't need anymore Bush in the Whitehouse.  It was a good run for your family, but your just too ****ing stupid to be POTUS.

How does that make you poor R supporters feel?  This moron actually has the audacity to claim that you need to work MORE.  Because you totally have control of whether or not you receive overtime and hours...  I'm sure that most of you poor GOP supporters will blindly support and defend him like sheep, but seriously these jackasses don't give a shit about you or your family unless you are driving around in a Bentley.  Wake up.

I really hope this out of touch piece of shit closes up shop and goes back home.  He doesn't stand a chance and shouldn't embarrass himself any further.  All this pear shaped loser will ever amount to is a Governor at best.  **** Jeb Bush.  Barbara is the only Bush worthy of a vote in that stupid family of hers.

^^^ Sums up the Bush campaign after those comments he made
If you buy the explanation from the Bush campaign that he meant those whose hours have been cut from full time or the under employed I'll allow it.

But its another example of how they talk so much and so often that sooner or later something dumb is going to pop out of their pie-holes.

Productivity is up...he's already wrong about that. And folks ARE working longer for less pay and benefits.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-09-2015, 09:18 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: Jeb Bush says Americans struggling need to work more hours.  Wait, what?  You had a nice run Jeb, time to go back home.  Guess momma Bush was right, this country doesn't need anymore Bush in the Whitehouse.  It was a good run for your family, but your just too ****ing stupid to be POTUS.

How does that make you poor R supporters feel?  This moron actually has the audacity to claim that you need to work MORE.  Because you totally have control of whether or not you receive overtime and hours...  I'm sure that most of you poor GOP supporters will blindly support and defend him like sheep, but seriously these jackasses don't give a shit about you or your family unless you are driving around in a Bentley.  Wake up.

I really hope this out of touch piece of shit closes up shop and goes back home.  He doesn't stand a chance and shouldn't embarrass himself any further.  All this pear shaped loser will ever amount to is a Governor at best.  **** Jeb Bush.  Barbara is the only Bush worthy of a vote in that stupid family of hers.

Implode?  Perhaps you should read the board a little more.  That way you'd know there are few if any Jeb supporters here.  And there are no poor Republicans.  Duh.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm not a Jeb supporter but this is generally true. Too many part time jobs for people who want to be fulltime. There are tons of people out there that want more hours. There are tons of people out there who want to work overtime too, especially with the new changes Obama made to overtime pay.

One of the big changes we saw after the recession was that many jobs were added, but they didn't add the fulltime jobs that were lost.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

We're what, seven-plus months away from New Hampshire and Iowa? That's an eternity in politics. Leads are going to change hands several times before we get to that point, and today's goat is tomorrow's hero. He has establishment backing and he'll be there until the end, so I wouldn't count him out this early.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(07-09-2015, 10:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not a Jeb supporter but this is generally true. Too many part time jobs for people who want to be fulltime. There are tons of people out there that want more hours. There are tons of people out there who want to work overtime too, especially with the new changes Obama made to overtime pay.

One of the big changes we saw after the recession was that many jobs were added, but they didn't add the fulltime jobs that were lost.

There were tons of fast food jobs added in my area, but they refuse to work anyone more than 28 hours/week.
I suspect that this is the case across the US, as there are probably limitations put in place due to the demands of Obama Care.
Not defending nor disparaging Bush's remarks. I just wanted to say that I'm tired of politicians just speaking niceties and the things people want to hear. I want to see people campaign and say the things that we NEED to hear. Stop with this sound bite crap.

I know it'll never happen, but one can dream, can't they? Or is that against the law now? I mean, Obama is still the president, sooooo ... Ninja
(07-09-2015, 10:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Implode?  Perhaps you should read the board a little more.  That way you'd know there are few if any Jeb supporters here.  And there are no poor Republicans.  Duh.

There ARE poor Republicans, but they're too worried about guns and confederate flags to delve into economic issues.
(07-09-2015, 12:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There ARE poor Republicans, but they're too worried about guns and confederate flags to delve into economic issues.

My ex-brother in law.

God love his redneck heart but he's just been on a tear about the REAL history of the battle flag and how liberals have tainted all our minds.

Same guy who told me he was part of a cross burning once...or twice.  Rolleyes
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-09-2015, 09:18 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: Jeb Bush says Americans struggling need to work more hours.  Wait, what?  You had a nice run Jeb, time to go back home.  Guess momma Bush was right, this country doesn't need anymore Bush in the Whitehouse.  It was a good run for your family, but your just too ****ing stupid to be POTUS.

Is your answer that Americans should work fewer hours?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-09-2015, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is your answer that Americans should work fewer hours?

No.  That's an ignorant question.  
(07-09-2015, 01:56 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: No.  That's an ignorant question.  

Definitely not as eloquent as the OP. So what is your exact issue with the quote or as it has been explained?

I will save my thoughts on what type of OP earns an ignorant question.

Somewhere on "Being Liberal" on Facebook, there's probably a meme about how some European country has a $35 minimum wage and people only work 25 hours a week.

(07-09-2015, 02:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Definitely not as eloquent as the OP. So what is your exact issue with the quote or as it has been explained?

I will save my thoughts on what type of OP earns an ignorant question.

Rotobeast had an excellent point, start there.  

If you and Jeb believe that the majority of American workers dictate what hours they work, you need to wake up.
(07-09-2015, 02:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Somewhere on "Being Liberal" on Facebook, there's probably a meme about how some European country has a $35 minimum wage and people only work 25 hours a week.

Don't worry, we still look lazy and overpaid to the Chinese populace!
(07-09-2015, 02:55 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: Rotobeast had an excellent point, start there.  

If you and Jeb believe that the majority of American workers dictate what hours they work, you need to wake up.

What leads you to believe Jeb was not also talking to/about employers.

He did follow up with this:

Quote:The simple fact is people are really struggling. So giving people a chance to work longer hours has got to be part of the answer. If not, you are going to see people lose hope. And that’s where we are today.”

Does that seem like he is addressing the person that is seeeking to work more hours?

I will say the reaction is typical "Guy told me I need to work more. Where does he get off saying this? He doesn't know the struggle"

If you have a job, at which, you work 28 hours a week. Guess what you as an individual can do?

I am well aware of business practices. I have an employee that works full-time and also works at Lowes on some evenings and weekends.

I think an answer would be taking a closer look at our H-1B Visa policies; but I'm not running for Office.......yet.

I seriously doubt that Jeb intended those remarks, in any sort of disparaging way, likely just didn't really think about how he was stating his message.

Anyway, not a Jeb supporter.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-09-2015, 03:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What leads you to believe Jeb was not also talking to/about employers.

He did follow up with this:

Does that seem like he is addressing the person that is seeeking to work more hours?

I will say the reaction is typical "Guy told me I need to work more. Where does he get off saying this? He doesn't know the struggle"

If you have a job, at which, you work 28 hours a week. Guess what you as an individual can do?

I am well aware of business practices. I have an employee that works full-time and also works at Lowes on some evenings and weekends.

I think an answer would be taking a closer look at our H-1B Visa policies; but I'm not running for Office.......yet.

Wait, so you're saying that context matters and that Jeb was making a very valid point about the inability for some to get the full time jobs they want rather than part time jobs?

(07-09-2015, 05:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wait, so you're saying that context matters and that Jeb was making a very valid point about the inability for some to get the full time jobs they want rather than part time jobs?

[Image: its_a_trap.gif]