Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeb Bush cutting staff and dropping pay
http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/10/23/jeb-bush-cuts-pay-staff-positions/

This is a surprise. I thought he had all this cash despite his dropping numbers.
Yeah, surprising.

I don't know much about Bush, but if his campaign is on life support that pretty much leaves Rubio and Kasich as the only electable Repubs.

Trump and Carson are completely un-electable, if not downright scary. Fiorina might be a darkhorse, but as much as I hate Washington politics I think the reality is an outsider might not be able to navigate all the sabotaging agendas. And I think Cruz is a clown.
(10-23-2015, 03:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yeah, surprising.

I don't know much about Bush, but if his campaign is on life support that pretty much leaves Rubio and Kasich as the only electable Repubs.

Trump and Carson are completely un-electable, if not downright scary.  Fiorina might be a darkhorse, but as much as I hate Washington politics I think the reality is an outsider might not be able to navigate all the sabotaging agendas.  And I think Cruz is a clown.

If/when trump falls. Loads of his supporters will go to Cruz. Could really flip the race. I also think Rubio will be tough throughout.

I don't trust Carly. She seems like McCain in a dress. Her novelty will run out.

I wouldn't say Jeb is dead by any stretch but he has a steep climb given his name and it's built in negatives.

What makes you think kaisich would be a good president?
(10-23-2015, 03:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What makes you think kaisich would be a good president?

He has experience and could win Ohio.  I think he's done a decent job in OH - compare that to MI or a bit west in IL.  I don't think he'll be a polarizing, hard-liner that won't work with the other party.

I see Carson is now surging ahead of Trump.  Mind-boggling.  Nothing about Carson seems Presidential, much less having a single good idea.

And if Obama had been born to a white bible thumper in TX, he'd be like Ted Cruz.
(10-23-2015, 03:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If/when trump falls.   Loads of his supporters will go to Cruz.   Could really flip the race.  I also think Rubio will be tough throughout.  

I don't trust Carly.  She seems like McCain in a dress.   Her novelty will run out.  

I wouldn't say Jeb is dead by any stretch but he has a steep climb given his name and it's built in negatives.  

What makes you think kaisich would be a good president?

He said he's electable, not that he'd be a good president. The reason is because Kasich has broad bipartisan support in a swing state and has executive experience. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-23-2015, 03:43 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: He has experience and could win Ohio.  I think he's done a decent job in OH - compare that to MI or a bit west in IL.  I don't think he'll be a polarizing, hard-liner that won't work with the other party.

I see Carson is now surging ahead of Trump.  Mind-boggling.  Nothing about Carson seems Presidential, much less having a single good idea.

And if Obama had been born to a white bible thumper in TX, he'd be like Ted Cruz.

That's interesting you compare Obama to Cruz. I actually think he compares more to trump. Both have no trouble doing whatever they want, and have no problem with bypassing congress.
(10-23-2015, 04:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He said he's electable, not that he'd be a good president. The reason is because Kasich has broad bipartisan support in a swing state and has executive experience. 

Executive expierence doesn't seem to be a benefit in this cycle.

Highest polling governor is at 5% (Bush) and he is cutting staff.
(10-23-2015, 04:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Executive expierence doesn't seem to be a benefit in this cycle.  

Highest polling governor is at 5% (Bush) and he is cutting staff.

Rudy Guiliani, Hillary Clinton, Dick Gephardt, Howard Dean, Herman Cain, and Newt Gingrich told me to remind you that October polls are almost meaningless. 

(10-23-2015, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Rudy Guiliani, Hillary Clinton, Dick Gephardt, Howard Dean, Herman Cain, and Newt Gingrich told me to remind you that October polls are almost meaningless. 

True..... But the supposed top governors are slowly dropping out or laying off staff.

And the dems have no one with any executive experience.

Possibly seeing a change in what people want.
I wouldn't vote for Bush.  I'd stay home.

I'd vote for Trump, Carson, or Cruz.  Anyone else is not really voting so much for a person & what they say they believe to get elected as much as it is voting for interest of US Chamber of commerce.  More people are onto them now, and that's why those three dominate the polling right now.

Edit:
I used to be a registered Republican a few years ago - 
Officially registered Independent now as GOP sold out to donors over the voters.
[Image: d1id.png]
(10-23-2015, 10:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: True..... But the supposed top governors are slowly dropping out or laying off staff.  

And the dems have no one with any executive experience.  

Possibly seeing a change in what people want.

Democrats haven't had a governor as a top two candidate since 1992. That's nothing new with them. Republicans always pick a moderate and there's no reason to believe that this year will be any different. Herman Cain was polling at the same numbers as Trump and Carson in October 2011 and Santorum had 1-3%. Who won Iowa and who dropped off the map?

(10-24-2015, 09:32 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Democrats haven't had a governor as a top two candidate since 1992. That's nothing new with them. Republicans always pick a moderate and there's no reason to believe that this year will be any different. Herman Cain was polling at the same numbers as Trump and Carson in October 2011 and Santorum had 1-3%. Who won Iowa and who dropped off the map?

Highest polling moderate is Carly. No way she wins.

Cruz and Rubio look to be in the drivers seat. Maybe Christie can be the governor that steps up. Jeb is hurting and based on the emergency meeting in Houston it Sounds like this is the last ditch effort.

As for kaisich .... I just don't see him as the guy. Maybe as VP for a moderate.
(10-24-2015, 04:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Highest polling 

[Image: cainyukyuk.jpg]

[Image: 12184283_1276278645723014_8329385204516718423_o.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-24-2015, 08:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 12184283_1276278645723014_8329385204516718423_o.jpg]

I also have to laugh at the improper writing mechanics as well.
(10-24-2015, 08:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I also have to laugh at the improper writing mechanics as well.

LMAO - you think Trump actually physically writes his own tweets?

Trump probably has people who dictate his tweets to other people.
(10-24-2015, 11:11 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LMAO - you think Trump actually physically writes his own tweets?

Trump probably has people who dictate his tweets to other people.

Which makes it even worse, since he can't even hire people to make him appear competent. A key skill for a POTUS.
(10-24-2015, 11:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Which makes it even worse, since he can't even hire people to make him appear competent. A key skill for a POTUS.

Haha....he blamed a nasty tweet on an intern the other day.  Safe bet he's fired a couple of people this past week.