Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeb Bush talks about his foreign bride
On Tuesday on the Jimmy Fallon show presidential candidate Jeb Bush spoke about the first meeting between himself and his future foreign bride, Columba. " It was love at first sight. I spoke little Spanish and she spoke little English, but when you are in love you can overcome those barriers pretty quick. There's another language that matters the most."

John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is an American businessman and politician who served as the 43rd Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. He is the second son of former President George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, and the younger brother of former President George W. Bush.

Bush met his wife while in Leon, Mexico helping to build homes. León is a city in the Mexican state of Guanajuato. They married a few years later in Austin, Texas, and now live in Coral Gables, Florida.

Is there a difference between Jeb Bush's Foreign Bride and so called Mail Order Brides? Feminists and women rights groups have argued for years that men who travel across boarders for love take advantage of women that come from lower economic regions. In 2005 the Tahirih Justice Center and Senator Cantwell pushed legislation regulating foreign brides, stating that men take unfair advantage of women in foreign counties. The law (IMBRA ) requires marriage brokers to run background checks on all men that seek a foreign bride. Bush's wife was underage at the time they met and came from one of the poorest areas of central America. Did Jeb Bush then take advantage of his future wife Columba? After all she came from poverty and Jeb Bush came from a powerful, wealthy family.

Kenneth Agee, Marketing Director of A Foreign Affair, a company that specializes in foreign bride match-making says, "Absolutely not! In our society and most societies women are always looking to find a better way of life. It is instinctual for females to find the best possible suitor for having a family, just like it is instinctual for men to be attracted to certain physical aspects of women. How would marrying into wealth make you a victim? The notion that men have economic control of women, at best, would not last long after marriage. It is equally invalid to say women have a control over men because of their beauty. The truth is, a negative situation can happen no matter where you meet and has more to do with character than economics or location. Personally, my wife is from Russia, is very strong-willed, and would never let herself become a victim. I find this to be true of most foreign women. I'm sure Jeb Bush would agree. Contrary to the opinion of Terra Justice Center, an INS study showed there were fewer issues with cross-border marriages than domestic marriages. In fact they have a much higher success rate"

And Jeb Bush is not the only candidate with a foreign-born wife. Candidate Donald Trump is also currently married to Melania Trump, a former model from Slovenia. Donald Trump's first wife, Ivana, is from the Czech Republic.

Marrying foreign women is becoming a trend for the elite. FOX News CEO Rupert Murdoch is married to Wendi Deng Murdoch from Jinan, China, with a 38 year age difference.

Yet feminists continue to argue that men seek foreign brides only because they lack the necessary social skills to find someone in the US. This is clearly not the case, as these successful men do not lack socials skills.

Society has changed greatly over the years and love has no borders. Looking worldwide for love is becoming the norm now. Each week companies like A Foreign Affair take dozens of men to countries all over the world where they attend social events, meeting hundreds of beautiful women and models, who like themselves are serious about finding true love and marriage. These men are from many varied walks of life: doctors, CEOs, policemen, businessmen, you name it. You don't have to be a Bush or Trump to see the advantage of looking abroad for real love.

With two candidates, Jed Bush and Donald Trump, both married to foreign brides, we could see our first foreign-born First Lady in the White House.
(07-14-2015, 10:06 PM)1stworldview10 Wrote: On Tuesday on the Jimmy Fallon  show presidential candidate Jeb Bush spoke about the first meeting between himself and his future foreign bride, Columba. " It was love at first sight. I spoke little Spanish and she spoke little English, but when you are in love you can overcome those barriers pretty quick. There's another language that matters the most."

John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is an American businessman and politician who served as the 43rd Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. He is the second son of former President George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, and the younger brother of former President George W. Bush.

Bush met his wife while in Leon, Mexico helping to build homes. León is a city in the Mexican state of Guanajuato. They married a few years later in Austin, Texas, and now live in Coral Gables, Florida.

Is there a difference between Jeb Bush's Foreign Bride and so called Mail Order Brides? Feminists and women rights groups have argued for years that men who travel across boarders for love take advantage of women that come from lower economic regions. In 2005 the Tahirih Justice Center and Senator Cantwell pushed legislation regulating foreign brides, stating that men take unfair advantage of women in foreign counties. The law (IMBRA ) requires marriage brokers to run background checks on all men that seek a foreign bride. Bush's wife was underage at the time they met and came from one of the poorest areas of central America. Did Jeb Bush then take advantage of his future wife Columba? After all she came from poverty and Jeb Bush came from a powerful, wealthy family.

Kenneth Agee, Marketing  Director of A Foreign Affair, a company that specializes in foreign bride match-making says, "Absolutely not! In our society and most societies women are always looking to find a better way of life. It is instinctual for females to find the best possible suitor for having a family, just like it is instinctual for men to be attracted to certain physical aspects of women. How would marrying into wealth make you a victim? The notion that men have economic control of women, at best, would not last long after marriage. It is equally invalid to say women have a control over men because of their beauty. The truth is, a negative situation can happen no matter where you meet and has more to do with character than economics or location. Personally, my wife is from Russia, is very strong-willed, and would never let herself become a victim. I find this to be true of most foreign women. I'm sure Jeb Bush would agree. Contrary to the opinion of Terra Justice Center, an INS study showed there were fewer issues with cross-border marriages than domestic marriages. In fact they have a much higher success rate"

And Jeb Bush is not the only candidate with a foreign-born wife. Candidate Donald Trump is also currently married to Melania Trump, a former model from Slovenia. Donald Trump's first wife, Ivana, is from the Czech Republic.

Marrying foreign women is becoming a trend for the elite. FOX News CEO Rupert Murdoch is married to Wendi Deng Murdoch from Jinan, China, with a 38 year age difference.

Yet feminists continue to argue that men seek foreign brides only because they lack the necessary social skills to find someone in the US. This is clearly not the case, as these successful men do not lack socials skills.

Society has changed greatly over the years and love has no borders. Looking worldwide for love is becoming the norm now. Each week companies like A Foreign Affair take dozens of men to countries all over the world where they attend social events, meeting hundreds of beautiful women and models, who like themselves are serious about finding true love and marriage. These men are from many varied walks of life: doctors, CEOs, policemen, businessmen, you name it. You don't have to be a Bush or Trump to see the advantage of looking abroad for real love.

With two candidates, Jed Bush and Donald Trump, both married to foreign brides, we could see our first foreign-born First Lady in the White House.

Interesting post.

Having a foreign-born wife myself, I have no issue with Jeb and Trumps' wives being foreign-born. I'll stick to their political views, which I tend to disagree with (Trump more than Bush).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
There certainly is a difference between a wealthy man going overseas and marrying a much younger woman and two teens meeting each other and eventually falling in love.

Yea, he was from a wealthy family, but he was 17 when he met her. It's ridiculous to criticize a choice in wife, so being critical and Jeb's marriage is something beyond ridiculous.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
No problem with meeting a woman in another country. But I find it a little strange when guys here in America intentionally seek out foreign women on line. Back when I looked for women online I never considered anyone who lived too far away to meet in person immediately.

The internet is a great place to find women, but there are lots of problems with actually carrying on a courtship on line without meeting face-to-face. I realize it has worked with some people, but I wouldn't be able to do it. Most communication is non-verbal, and you don't get that online.
(07-15-2015, 11:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No problem with meeting a woman in another country.  But I find it a little strange when guys here in America intentionally seek out foreign women on line.  Back when I looked for women online I never considered anyone who lived too far away to meet in person immediately.  

The internet is a great place to find women, but there are lots of problems with actually carrying on a courtship on line without meeting face-to-face. I realize it has worked with some people, but I wouldn't be able to do it.  Most communication is non-verbal, and you don't get that online.

Ask ColtsFan for some tips.
(07-15-2015, 11:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No problem with meeting a woman in another country.  But I find it a little strange when guys here in America intentionally seek out foreign women on line.  Back when I looked for women online I never considered anyone who lived too far away to meet in person immediately.  

The internet is a great place to find women, but there are lots of problems with actually carrying on a courtship on line without meeting face-to-face. I realize it has worked with some people, but I wouldn't be able to do it.  Most communication is non-verbal, and you don't get that online.

Why do you find it strange that someone would intentionally seek out a foreign bride?

The world is our back yard now thanks to Microsoft.

You can get non-verbal online. Ever heard of video chat apps? Sure you can't touch, but after a while you can figure out just how serious you want to get and go for a nice vacation/visit to meet them and see if the chemistry is there.

When you get into a marriage with a foreign woman, you tend to try harder to make it work by overcoming the cultural/language barriers together. In the end though, if you don't treat a person right, they won't stick around and it doesn't really matter where they/you are from.

On a side note, I bet that most men here that are married to a foreign woman are much more passionate about the Illegal immigrants that are here than those that aren't married to a foreigner. It's very annoying to do it the legal way by paying the money and filing the crap load of paperwork to get your wife here legally, and then to sit back and watch the news where 100's of illegals are sneaking across the border everyday and people like Obama wanting to grant them amnesty with out being a bit biased.
(07-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Ask ColtsFan for some tips.

Just because the feminists have never had their knight in shining armor appear, they shouldn't run their face when another gal actually does.
Ninja
(07-15-2015, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why do you find it strange that someone would intentionally seek out a foreign bride?

The world is our back yard now thanks to Microsoft.

You can get non-verbal online. Ever heard of video chat apps? Sure you can't touch, but after a while you can figure out just how serious you want to get and go for a nice vacation/visit to meet them and see if the chemistry is there.

I am just programmed to interact physically with a woman.  My decision of when to try to first kiss a girl is based on person to person feed back.  I just can't imagine doing it online through video chat.  How exactly does that work?  It seems kind of awkward to ask a girl if you can kiss her when you actually can't kiss her.

I guess I could make it work if I had to, and I am sure many people have done it. But I would just much prefer to have person-to-person contact.  I don't know why anyone would go to all that extra trouble when they don't have to. I don't think foreign women are that superior to local women. From my experience there are good women everywhere.
(07-16-2015, 02:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am just programmed to interact physically with a woman.  My decision of when to try to first kiss a girl is based on person to person feed back.  I just can't imagine doing it online through video chat.  How exactly does that work?  It seems kind of awkward to ask a girl if you can kiss her when you actually can't kiss her.

I guess I could make it work if I had to, and I am sure many people have done it. But I would just much prefer to have person-to-person contact.  I don't know why anyone would go to all that extra trouble when they don't have to.  I don't think foreign women are that superior to local women.  From my experience there are good women everywhere.

To each his own. good luck in your hunt though.
Good to see Jeb is talking about an issue that really matters to Americans: how he and his wife met. Maybe he can take some of that 100 million from the PAC and do a reality show. They can call it "The language of love." It will race to #1 on the Nielsen list and Jeb will be swept into the White House as the first Reality TV President. Of course, with his wife being foreign they will have to take all the foreign stuff already in the White House out. You know, say good bye to Obama's shrunken head collection, the Kenyan Safari bedroom, and the Tarzan vines. These will be replace with pinatas, the Cancun bedroom, and pogo sticks. No more spinning rims on the presidential limo - it will become a low rider. Silver linings: with the rise of Jeb's show we finally witness the demise of The Kardashians and Survivor, and America once again gets what it deserves.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
I didn't read the whole thing, but in my mind this falls under the umbrella of it being easy to scoff at Republicans for stuff like this simply because they tend to mention America or the flag once every 3.2 seconds. Come on guys, buy American-made!
(07-16-2015, 11:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I didn't read the whole thing, but in my mind this falls under the umbrella of it being easy to scoff at Republicans for stuff like this simply because they tend to mention America or the flag once every 3.2 seconds.  Come on guys, buy American-made!

Or at least have the decency to have an American mistress.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
[Image: tweet.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I don't care for Jeb's policies. But I respect his decision to marry a foreign born lady. I also have a foreign born lady and it's not quite the expierence your describing .... i met mine here while she was working.

In my expierence of dating American born women and those born abroad. Women born abroad seem to care more about family, and less concerned with money. They appreciate things such as having a door opened. Where women here will get upset about you thinking they aren't capable.
While Jeb's relationship might fall a little on the "odd" side of the spectrum, there is certainly nothing inherently wrong with marrying someone born out of this country*. The line about "breaking down barriers" makes me wonder how much time Jeb has spent perfecting his Spanish, or visiting Mexico and learning their culture. I imagine it's mostly his wife who broke down the barriers, but I could be wrong.

And as both a former illegal-alien and a man married to a non-US citizen, it certainly does make me more passionate about immigration reform. I'm grateful enough to know that I was able to get the paperwork done, hire a lawyer, travel to the interviews with my wife, and jump through all the hoops. I also know that the vast majority of people who come here illegally simply do not have the same means that I did, and have no other choice than to flee their situation, and risk it all to make a better life for themselves and entire families, all while being looked down on people for being criminals. It certainly makes me more passionate for immigration reform and to make it easier for these people to come into the country. Hopefully one day they will be welcomed with open arms.

* It got Michelle Obama into the White House after all! Ninja
Ck I will agree that the foreign born spouse does do most of the adjusting. Going out in public and doing basic things can be tough for anyone who has a thick accent.