Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jeff Driskel....Did you know?
(11-27-2018, 07:52 PM)motoarch Wrote: I scored 4tds in one game for Polk High.

The QB for my 7th grade football team once threw 7 TDs, but he stopped growing and today is probably still 5'3" and 120 lbs..  Sure fire NFL QB material that kid..  

So back to the issue at hand... Will JD become a super star? I kind of doubt it behind our Oline ..
At this point I'm expecting IR before the Denver game is  over with Savage our new "kid wonder" ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did you know the guy holding Jeffs wife up is a lucky guy. Personally if it were me I'd turn around if I were the male cheerleader while holding her up  Ninja

[Image: tarin-moses-jeff-driskel-girlfriend.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: Did you know the guy holding Jeffs wife up is a lucky guy. Personally if it were me I'd turn around if I were the male cheerleader while holding her up  Ninja

That's not you?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: **BUMPED FROM JANUARY**

in '17 and '18 Driskel combined preseason numbers (through first preseason games of '18)… 24-36 304 yds 2 td 0 int 111.3 rating,  9 carries for 63 yds (7.0 avg) and one td

Well, since we are doing preseason stats, let's compare.

Dalton's first three preseasons:

2011 36-60 328 yds 1 td 3 ints 1 lost fum 59.6 rating 5 carries for -2 yds (-0.4 avg) 0 tds
2012 20-44 245 yds 1 td 0 int 0 fum 70.7 rating 4 carries for 37 yds (9.2 avg) 0 tds
2013 25-38 283 yds 1 td 1 int 1 lost fum 85.7 rating 0 carries for 0 yds 0 tds

Except, you left off Driskel's 2016 preseason stats, which are on the bad side:

2016 15-31 132 yds 0 tds 2 ints  0 lost fum 33.3 rating 11 carries for 101 yds (9.4 avg) 0 tds

2017 14-21 164 yds 1 td 0 int 0 fum 106.1 rating 9 carries for 63 yds (7.0 avg) 1 td
2018 38-58 448 yds 2 tds 1 int 0 fum 93.2 rating 1 carry for 7 yds (7.0 avg) 0 tds

But what is more important are his numbers in real games.

2018 23-36 239 yds 1 td 0 int 0 fum 92.2 rating 6 carries for 49 yds (8.2 avg) 2 tds

Dalton's last rushing td was in week 15 of the 2016 season. He has 4 rushing tds in 2016. But we had Whit and Zietler back then. I don't think Dalton looks to run much anymore.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:57 PM)jason Wrote: That's not you?

Dammit Jason you got me! Yes that's me and coincidentally the last time I washed my neck!
Reply/Quote
I just like that Driskel is taller and seems to be a bit more athletic than Dalton.
That can't hurt.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: Did you know the guy holding Jeffs wife up is a lucky guy. Personally if it were me I'd turn around if I were the male cheerleader while holding her up  Ninja

Based on the taped right wrist I am guessing that holding her like that has given him a case  of masturbatitis.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:01 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I just like that Driskel is taller and seems to be a bit more athletic than Dalton.
That can't hurt.

Nice! Now we have a QB we can complain about for running around too much in the pocket. hehehe....   Take that Carson Palmer!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Now we know the criteria Mike Brown uses to draft NFL QBs.... I see a pattern. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 12:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Now we know the criteria Mike Brown uses to draft NFL QBs.... I see a pattern. 

Bengals didn't draft Driskel, San Fran did. San Fran cut him after the 2016 preseason and tried to get him on their practice squad, but the Bengals claimed him and kept him on their roster the entire year as a 3rd QB.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: **BUMPED FROM JANUARY**

In 2010 Jeff Driskel was named the Maxwell Club's National High School Player of the Year.

In 2012 Jeff Driskel made his first start at the University of Florida lining up at WR.  He played the rest of the game at QB.

In 2012 Jeff Driskel broke the University of Florida single game rushing record for quarterbacks with 177 yards against Vanderbilt (passing Tim Tebow).

In 2013 Jeff Driskel was selected by the Boston Red Sox in the MLB draft.  He signed a contract but indicated that he would not pursue a career in professional baseball.

In 2015 Jeff Driskel set the New Orleans Bowl record for most passing yards (458) and longest td pass (71 yds)

In 2016 Jeff Driskel ran a 4.56 forty at the NFL combine.  According to combine records only three active NFL QBs had a faster time (Tyrod Taylor 4.51 in 2011, Marcus Mariota 4.52 in '15, Russell Wilson 4.55 in '12).  Also only 3 active QBs had a longer Broad Jump at the combine than Driskel's 10'2" (Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Andrew Luck)

in '17 and '18 Driskel combined preseason numbers (through first preseason games of '18)… 24-36 304 yds 2 td 0 int 111.3 rating,  9 carries for 63 yds (7.0 avg) and one td

Jeff Driskel's wife, Tarin Moses, was the Captain of the University of Florida Cheerleading team.

[Image: TarinMoses1.jpg]
[Image: jeff-driskel-girlfriend.jpg?w=314&h=176....&strip=all]

I've mentioned this before but it seems to fit here since you're highlighting Driskel's career. In 2014 I went to the Swamp to watch the UK/UF game. (I'm a Wildcat fan). The Gators had beaten the Cats something like 27 games in a row at this point. It was a close game and went 3 OTs. In the third one Driskel and the Gators had the ball on I think about the 7 yard line on 3rd down. The play clock was winding down and I watched it hit .00 then looked and the center still had not snapped the ball. By the time Driskel got the snap the play clock had expired but it wasn't called. He threw a TD in the end zone and Florida won the game. A penalty would have moved the ball back 5 yards and who knows if he would have thrown a TD from there. Oh well. Home cooking I guess. Btw UK went down to the Swamp this year and broke the losing streak. Also the Swamp is awesome. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 12:59 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I've mentioned this before but it seems to fit here since you're highlighting Driskel's career. In 2014 I went to the Swamp to watch the UK/UF game. (I'm a Wildcat fan). The Gators had beaten the Cats something like 27 games in a row at this point. It was a close game and went 3 OTs. In the third one Driskel and the Gators had the ball on I think about the 7 yard line on 3rd down. The play clock was winding down and I watched it hit .00 then looked and the center still had not snapped the ball. By the time Driskel got the snap the play clock had expired but it wasn't called. He threw a TD in the end zone and Florida won the game. A penalty would have moved the ball back 5 yards and who knows if he would have thrown a TD from there. Oh well. Home cooking I guess. Btw UK went down to the Swamp this year and broke the losing streak. Also the Swamp is awesome. 

Yeah, I think they call the Florida - Georgia football game at the Swamp the worlds largest cocktail party.
Reply/Quote
All I know in life is that Jeff Driskel is the best QB to ever walk through PBS, and he is ready to take the team to greater heights
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 02:34 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah, I think they call the Florida - Georgia football game at the Swamp the worlds largest cocktail party.

The Georgia-Florida game is played in "neutral" Jacksonville every year.  "The Swamp" is UF's home field in Gainesville.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 12:40 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Bengals didn't draft Driskel, San Fran did. San Fran cut him after the 2016 preseason and tried to get him on their practice squad, but the Bengals claimed him and kept him on their roster the entire year as a 3rd QB.

Dimmit..  drafted, acquired, traded, walk-in, kidnapped, appeared by accident front door, fooled, etc. you get my drift. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 12:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Now we know the criteria Mike Brown uses to draft NFL QBs.... I see a pattern. 

Well I can't fault him for that!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 02:38 PM)eoxyod Wrote: All I know in life is that Jeff Driskel is the best QB to ever walk through PBS, and he is ready to take the team to greater heights

Well, he's likely already cleared the Akili Smith/Scott Mitchell bar, in any event.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Scott Mitchell. There's a blast from the past... .
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 08:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, he's likely already cleared the Akili Smith/Scott Mitchell bar, in any event.  

Everyone in this thread has cleared that bar. Man, what an awful season that was. 6 TD passes all year. 48% completion rate. Unreal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote