Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Driskel and John Ross Injuries
(09-01-2017, 09:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I honestly dont expect Ross to contribute much this year whether hes injured or not.

Geezy Weezy, you got a problem pal.

If you don't see what Ross brings to the table you are clueless or ignorant.

Look at that catch, look at that 25 yard reverse. The dude is great in open space and can just turn on the burners at anytime.

He seriously reminds me of a bigger, stronger, faster Antonio Brown.

He sets people up and then just turns it on in bursts as needed. Plus he runs good routes, has good hands and just scores TD's.

Some of you that just hated the pick to begin with have major blinders on and want to be right about this guy failing.

Sad shit.

(09-01-2017, 11:52 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Ross said he was fine and didn't feel anything was wrong after the game. MRI is just precautionary.

Thank you GRT. Rock On

(09-01-2017, 12:56 PM)Synric Wrote: More often than not it's an illusion crested by how deep off then line the defensive back is playing. DBs will play 10 yards off the line to cover Ross because he eats up the cushion so fast. At the start of the play the DB is backpedaling another 5 yards before flipping his hips and running with Ross on a go route. It's during the next 5 to 7 yards it looks like they are running stride for stride but in reality Ross is making up for the DBs head start and blowing by them. 

Now don't get me wrong there are fast defensive backs too. Jackson is probably the only DB on the Bengals roster that would run with Ross.

Exactly, there isn't many ways for CB's to play Ross if they are not near as fast as him.

Like you said, there is probably only one DB on our team that can somewhat keep up with him. WJ3.

Ross is still not even 100% in football shape.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geezy Weezy, you got a problem pal.

If you don't see what Ross brings to the table you are clueless or ignorant.

Look at that catch, look at that 25 yard reverse. The dude is great in open space and can just turn on the burners at anytime.

He seriously reminds me of a bigger, stronger, faster Antonio Brown.

He sets people up and then just turns it on in bursts as needed. Plus he runs good routes, has good hands and just scores TD's.

Some of you that just hated the pick to begin with have major blinders on and want to be right about this guy failing.

Sad shit.

Thank you GRT. Rock On

Exactly, there isn't many ways for CB's to play Ross if they are not near as fast as him.

Like you said, there is probably only one DB on our team that can somewhat keep up with him. WJ3.

Ross is still not even 100% in football shape.

Oh Jackson might be the only one to run with him but Pacman can cover him. Pacman knows all those little tricks where and when to give the jersey a lil tug to slow him down. How to hide a quick shove to throw him off balance to slow him down.

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We need Ross

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
per Hobson....Ross expected to miss a couple of weeks

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Oh Jackson might be the only one to run with him but Pacman can cover him. Pacman knows all those little tricks where and when to give the jersey a lil tug to slow him down. How to hide a quick shove to throw him off balance to slow him down.

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Yeah, have to play him a little dirty if you can't keep up with him true.

Still, you try and bump him all game he will get by you and it is pay dirt.

Cannot believe the people predicting failure for this man.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:25 PM)pally Wrote: per Hobson....Ross expected to miss a couple of weeks

Damn, but i guess it could of been worse. We still should be alright in the mean time.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, but i guess it could of been worse. We still should be alright in the mean time.

if we have to lose him at least its for games he was unlikely to have much of an impact on.  He wasn't going to play much these first couple of of games anyway.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Just remember that Hobson has said a couple of weeks and the player wound up missing the season before.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: if we have to lose him at least its for games he was unlikely to have much of an impact on.  He wasn't going to play much these first couple of of games anyway.

True.

Rest up John.

(09-01-2017, 01:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: Just remember that Hobson has said a couple of weeks and the player wound up missing the season before.

When?

I remember last year on the Eifert situation it was way frickin' longer than they said but it wasn't the entire season.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True.

Rest up John.

When?

I remember last year on the Eifert situation it was way frickin' longer than they said but it wasn't the entire season.

Possibly Chris Perry. Not sure if that was Hobson or not...but the Bengals thought he wasn't hurt bad.
Reply/Quote
Jim Owczarski‏Verified account @JimOwczarski 57s58 seconds ago
More
#Bengals QB Jeff Driskel suffered two broken fingers last night, but no surgery needed - so still in the mix to be carried to the 53.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True.

Rest up John.

When?

Among others, remember Hobson was integral to the Rich Braham "bruise" that was really a career ending injury fiasco. And yes there was Eifert where he grossly understated the situation in two different years leading people on to think he was coming right back....and the Carson Palmer elbow injury fiasco where again he misreported Palmer was coming right back when he was much more seriously hurt, and so on. 

Misreporting injury absences is a Hobson thing - I'll believe two weeks when I see it from a non-Hobson source that is not just quoting Hobson. 
Reply/Quote
As a fan of the Ross pick, I will say I don't expect a whole lot this year until the second half of the season. He hasn't had as much time in camp with full contact practices due to his coming back from injury, which will naturally slow down his development a bit. He has great potential, but right now his skills are showcased mainly on reverses, runs, screen plays etc. around the line of scrimmage. He might become as good or better than AB one day, but this early in his career, he has to learn the nuances of route running, how to set up corners, etc. before being able to burn corners short or deep. Another thing that will slow down his development beside his late clearance for full contact at camp, is that he will not get as many plays as a WR4, to learn these nuances. I don't see him being given as many opportunities with AJ, LaFell and Boyd all strongly entrenched in each of their roles on the team, where Ross likely won't be coming in for any of their positions in a game, unless one of them needs a breather or (god forbid) is injured. As Ross starts to learn, he will push for more playing time in the latter half of the season, and I can see possibly more 4 WR sets or even LaFell being replaced by Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Possibly Chris Perry. Not sure if that was Hobson or not...but the Bengals thought he wasn't hurt bad.

(09-01-2017, 03:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Among others, remember Hobson was integral to the Rich Braham "bruise" that was really a career ending injury fiasco. And yes there was Eifert where he grossly understated the situation in two different years leading people on to think he was coming right back....and the Carson Palmer elbow injury fiasco where again he misreported Palmer was coming right back when he was much more seriously hurt, and so on. 

Misreporting injury absences is a Hobson thing - I'll believe two weeks when I see it from a non-Hobson source that is not just quoting Hobson. 

The Braham one was definately terribly deceiving...

I getcha, don't trust a damn thing Hobspin says either. But Ross saying he was fine does give me some relief.

I know when i sprained my knee it wasn't fine lol
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 09:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know...I am sick thinking about it.  Please, John, be ok for Game 1.  

With him missing most the offseason and preseason... bringing him along a little slowly might be the best option get him healthy and up to speed( not talking about his actual speed just same page and in sync with offense..)   and start working him in in a few weeks..

Use Malone or Core if needed for the time being or #12
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With him missing most the offseason and preseason... bringing him along a little slowly might be the best option get him healthy and up to speed( not talking about his actual speed just same page and in sync with offense..)   and start working him in in a few weeks..

True, probably best for him and the team anyway.

I just want to see the guy shut some of these haters up. John Ross is an amazing talent and is not just speed.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With him missing most the offseason and preseason... bringing him along a little slowly might be the best option get him healthy and up to speed( not talking about his actual speed just same page and in sync with offense..)   and start working him in in a few weeks..

Good points...I am anxious to play with our new toy, but it is more important that he be available and 100% for the stretch run.

Malone and Core will absolutely get some chances.

#12, as you refer to Alex Erickson, has actually impressed me so much that I am starting to wonder if he shouldn't be given some snaps over Boyd.  The guy gets open, and catches everything thrown his way.  I really like him as well.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 10:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good points...I am anxious to play with our new toy, but it is more important that he be available and 100% for the stretch run.

Malone and Core will absolutely get some chances.

#12, as you refer to Alex Erickson, has actually impressed me so much that I am starting to wonder if he shouldn't be given some snaps over Boyd.  The guy gets open, and catches everything thrown his way.  I really like him as well.  

I was thinking Erickson was just a Returner and a backup Slot guy before this Preseason but yeah,
he been impressive as a Receiver too. Gets seperation unlike Boyd at times. Really like Boyd, just
wish he was more explosive in his routes.
Reply/Quote