Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeff Driskel broke arm taking reps at WR
(02-20-2018, 09:36 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If you need anymore proof that Marvin is a dolt. Backup QB breaks arm taking reps at WR. Why is a backup QB taking reps at WR? We don’t have practice squad guys who can do that? Seriously what the hell is going on here?

Not really that crazy.  Driskel is a bigger better athlete than some WRs so why not see what he has got to offer.  There have been a few college QBs who made decent NFL WRs.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...or he could be like the last one we drafted. Most hated him from the minute his name was called. I mentioned it on draft day because it was so amazing and I mention it now, because it never changed. The hate that AJ McCarron received by most on this forum was astounding.   

I recall not feeling much either way about him, especially right after he was drafted. It wasn't until we got a dozen "McCarron should start" threads, that people started to "attack" Mac, and it wasn't about hate for Mac so much as hate for the silly amount of hype he was getting.

If you forgot how silly it got, just click "most viewed" threads in JN and enjoy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I just want JD to bust a leg off trying to kick field goals.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 01:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really that crazy.  Driskel is a bigger better athlete than some WRs so why not see what he has got to offer.  There have been a few college QBs who made decent NFL WRs.

Who is Driskel a better athlete than at WR?

Cody Core? Alex Erickson? Josh Malone?

And no, I'm not saying those guys are great receivers either.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...or he could be like the last one we drafted. Most hated him from the minute his name was called. I mentioned it on draft day because it was so amazing and I mention it now, because it never changed. The hate that AJ McCarron received by most on this forum was astounding.   

Never hated the kid at all. 

Yet any fool knew he would want to start for somebody and walk for free when contract expired if he remained a back up.. 

Have seen way more hate thrown toward Dalton than AJM although Dalton is better. 

If I thought he would be happy being a back up QB and not want to leave ? Would have been happy keeping him forever. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 04:15 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Never hated the kid at all. 

Yet any fool knew he would want to start for somebody and walk for free when contract expired if he remained a back up.. 

Have seen way more hate thrown toward Dalton than AJM although Dalton is better. 

If I thought he would be happy being a back up QB and not want to leave ? Would have been happy keeping him forever. 

Exactly how I felt.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 11:15 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Who is Driskel a better athlete than at WR?

I'd say he's every bit the athlete they are. Now as for "at wide receiver", I'm guessing he has to take some reps there to see how he'd do......oh, wait... lol
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 11:15 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Who is Driskel a better athlete than at WR?

According to NFL.com Driskel is 1 inch taller and 25 lbs heavier than both Cody Core and Josh Malone but still had a better long jump and vertical leap than either of them.

Driskel is 4 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier than Alex Erickson yet he ran an almost identical 40 yard dash (4.56 to 4.52).

I agree that there is a lot more to being a "better athlete" than just size, speed and leaping, but it is clear that Driskel is an elite athlete for his size.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 10:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: "The game is won and lost in the trenches"

I don't think there's ever been a more true saying about football. Year in and year out, way more often than not, by and large it holds true. The Tom Brady's of the football world are once in a generation. The other 31 teams have to have stout O and D lines to win it all. Period

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 01:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really that crazy.  Driskel is a bigger better athlete than some WRs so why not see what he has got to offer.  There have been a few college QBs who made decent NFL WRs.

Matt Jones 2.0?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
they should tell these guys...
hey, it's just PRACTICE....
DO NOT DIVE FOR ANY CATCHES....AS IT'S NOT WORTH IT.....
IT'S JUST PRACTICE.....
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 07:41 PM)Steve Wrote: they should tell these guys...
hey, it's just PRACTICE....
DO NOT DIVE FOR ANY CATCHES....AS IT'S NOT WORTH IT.....
IT'S JUST PRACTICE.....

Marvin tells them that exact thing every year. They don't listen....
Reply/Quote