Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeff Driskel broke arm taking reps at WR
(02-19-2018, 01:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Our 1st round pick couldn't see the field cause he was hurt.

They really don't have anything to do with each other...     Nice REEEEEEEEACH though..

He couldn't see the field before he was hurt. How many games was he active/dressed for? Nice try. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
First, broken fingers, then broken arm? Damn, and we thought that Eifert was brittle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is SO Bengals...... LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with this at all. Dude is 6'4" 240 with 4.5 speed. We teach that kid to catch, the we may have something more valuable than a 3rd string QB.

BTW, I miss Matt Jones.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 01:48 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Sorry, but I disagree completely, for this particular situation. Someone should have been thinking "inside" of the box. The one that says QB depth chart. Knowing full well that in just six short weeks they were going to loose the #2 QB.

No they weren't planning on losing AJM's case. They thought it was in the bag.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 12:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Per Jim Owczarski:

'As of now, Jeff Driskel is the backup quarterback.

But following the end of the Bengals’ 2017 season, Driskel quietly walked out of Paul Brown Stadium with his left, non-throwing arm in a black sling. The second-year player was still on injured reserve at that point of the year, but was practicing as he worked to return from broken fingers on his throwing hand suffered in the preseason.

So how did the 24-year-old injure his other arm?

In practice leading up to the season final against the Ravens, a league source told The Enquirer Driskel was asked to take reps at wide receiver.

He did, and after making a leaping one-handed catch, he fell on his left arm and broke it. The quarterback needed surgery so a rod could be inserted to stabilize the arm, but Driskel should not miss any time once voluntary workouts begin in April.'

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/02/17/bengals-extra-what-does-aj-mccarron-decision-mean-cincinnati-bengals/347193002/

Just kicking the tires on his ability as a WR.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 02:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He couldn't see the field before he was hurt. How many games was he active/dressed for? Nice try. 

We drafted him hurt PAY ATTENTION he had shoulder surgery before the season.  starting him week 1 before he had much time to practice would have been worse.

We finally get him out there he gets benched for fumbling then gets hurt again the next week in practice.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 12:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Per Jim Owczarski:

'As of now, Jeff Driskel is the backup quarterback.

But following the end of the Bengals’ 2017 season, Driskel quietly walked out of Paul Brown Stadium with his left, non-throwing arm in a black sling. The second-year player was still on injured reserve at that point of the year, but was practicing as he worked to return from broken fingers on his throwing hand suffered in the preseason.

So how did the 24-year-old injure his other arm?

In practice leading up to the season final against the Ravens, a league source told The Enquirer Driskel was asked to take reps at wide receiver.

He did, and after making a leaping one-handed catch, he fell on his left arm and broke it. The quarterback needed surgery so a rod could be inserted to stabilize the arm, but Driskel should not miss any time once voluntary workouts begin in April.'

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/02/17/bengals-extra-what-does-aj-mccarron-decision-mean-cincinnati-bengals/347193002/

Thanks for this Holic. I think this got lost as the season came to a close and i never heard about it.

Dude played Receiver before so this is not a surprise to me. Really like Driskel from what i saw of him last Preseason.

A lot more than McCarron honestly.

Just glad it was not his throwing arm that got broken. He has a nice release, he is not just a great running QB.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 04:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We drafted him hurt PAY ATTENTION he had shoulder surgery before the season.  starting him week 1 before he had much time to practice would have been worse.

We finally get him out there he gets benched for fumbling then gets hurt again the next week in practice.

Funny how this became another Ross thread.

You are correct Xeno. People are butt hurt from the Ross pick and understandable with how it all happened.

All i know is i don't want to be on the Ross is a bust side when he actually gets out their playing...

Mark my words, if John Ross can get healthy he will blow the hater's minds and they will be eating a lot of crow in a great way.

It be tasty crow. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 01:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well when 1 handed about the only thing you can practice is one handed catches... so makes sense.

Also if your Backup QB can play more positions just makes him more valuable.   But if we want a QB turn WR lets get TP  lol (there might be better but I don't remember any others right now..)

That Julian Edelman guy is pretty decent...lol
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 04:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We drafted him hurt PAY ATTENTION he had shoulder surgery before the season.  starting him week 1 before he had much time to practice would have been worse.

Dude...he was a healthy scratch the entire season up until he hurt his shoulder mid December. You have no idea what you are talking about. Even when he was active and "healthy" he barely saw the field.

To say that "injuries" were the cause of his abysmal rookie season is asinine.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Funny how this became another Ross thread.

You are correct Xeno. People are butt hurt from the Ross pick and understandable with how it all happened.

All i know is i don't want to be on the Ross is a bust side when he actually gets out their playing...

Mark my words, if John Ross can get healthy he will blow the hater's minds and they will be eating a lot of crow in a great way.

It be tasty crow. :andy:

No, he's not right. Ross was a healthy scratch pretty much the entire year. Thats coming from the Bengals and the media, not me. He was put on IR during week 14.
Reply/Quote
He was never going to a legit QB anyway.

Would you feel fine going into next season with Driskel as the only back up QB?

Some "fans" just complain about everything.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 05:55 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: He was never going to a legit QB anyway.

Would you feel fine going into next season with Driskel as the only back up QB?

Some "fans" just complain about everything.

Yes, if we had a REALLY good QB who is under contract for awhile.

Im all for drafting and grooming another quarterback this year to eventually take Dalton's place, though. When Andy's contract is up he is going to get PAID. You and I know how the Bengals roll, they dont overpay when it comes to contracts. I think it would be wise for them to have a backup option once Dalton hits FA. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 05:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude...he was a healthy scratch the entire season up until he hurt his shoulder mid December. You have no idea what you are talking about. Even when he was active and "healthy" he barely saw the field.

To say that "injuries" were the cause of his abysmal rookie season is asinine.

(02-19-2018, 05:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No, he's not right. Ross was a healthy scratch pretty much the entire year. Thats coming from the Bengals and the media, not me. He was put on IR during week 14.

According to Ross himself he was actually injured some of those times he was considered a "healthy scratch" because he was hiding an injury from the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 06:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to Ross himself he was actually injured some of those times he was considered a "healthy scratch" because he was hiding an injury from the coaches.

He did. And no one knows exactly when that happened. 

I just find it hard to believe that his entire season was completely wasted due to him "hiding" an injury and nothing else. There were times when he suited up to play and never even got in the game. There was something else going on. You can't blame it on injuries alone. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 05:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No, he's not right. Ross was a healthy scratch pretty much the entire year. Thats coming from the Bengals and the media, not me. He was put on IR during week 14.

Pretty much the entire year? I only remember Ross being a healthy scratch around midseason after he got benched
for fumbling on that one play. You have to give the guy somewhat of a chance to show what he can do. That fumble
wasn't even his fault. Any player would fumble on that play.

He is a first round pick for a reason, give him a chance to grow.

This guy has every intangible except size. Amazing player at Washington. Best Red Zone threat in college.

(02-19-2018, 06:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to Ross himself he was actually injured some of those times he was considered a "healthy scratch" because he was hiding an injury from the coaches.

This is what i remember. He just wanted to play badly.

Watch this guy if he gets his chance is all i can say. John Ross has great hands, speed, quicks and is about as good
as it gets in open space. Thought they should of used him on Screens and quick Slants instead of those trick plays.

Still say he reminds me of a faster Antonio Brown with class.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 06:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty much the entire year? I only remember Ross being a healthy scratch around midseason after he got benched
for fumbling on that one play. You have to give the guy somewhat of a chance to show what he can do. That fumble
wasn't even his fault. Any player would fumble on that play.

He is a first round pick for a reason, give him a chance to grow.

This guy has every intangible except size. Amazing player at Washington. Best Red Zone threat in college.

This is what i remember. He just wanted to play badly.

Watch this guy if he gets his chance is all i can say. John Ross has great hands, speed, quicks and is about as good
as it gets in open space. Thought they should of used him on Screens and quick Slants instead of those trick plays.

Still say he reminds me of a faster Antonio Brown with class.

Thats pretty much my point. He wasn't benched for being injured, he was benched for poor play or because Marv had a problem with him. 

I wanted nothing more for Ross to play more than he did this year. I was beyond frustrated with how the Bengals handled him. Healthy scratch for a first round pick and just zero in game reps when he was healthy? That is inexcusable. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 06:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Thats pretty much my point. He wasn't benched for being injured, he was benched for poor play or because Marv had a problem with him. 

I wanted nothing more for Ross to play more than he did this year. I was beyond frustrated with how the Bengals handled him. Healthy scratch for a first round pick and just zero in game reps when he was healthy? That is inexcusable. 

Well then i completely agree with you Weezy. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 01:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just comical at this point.

Our first round pick who was a wide receiver cant see the field and we have a backup quarterback taking reps in practice at wide receiver.

Sounds like a Mike Brown idea #HardKnocks2009
Reply/Quote