Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Fisher
How would you all feel about Jeff Fisher as a defensive coordinator?

We all know that his last gig as head coach ended on about as terrible a note as is possible.

But still he would have the HC coaching experience and he began his coaching career as a defensive coordinator.

His knowledge is up there with anybody in the NFL.

He's only 60 and could coach here as DC for a couple of years.

He would fill every check mark as fans that we wanted out of our DC this year, with Zac Taylor being so young and inexperienced.

Something Jeff Fisher has plenty of.

I, at the very least, think a interview wouldn't hurt.

It's obvious that Zac Taylor wouldn't hire him if he wasn't completely on board with the culture of winning he wants to bring to Cincinnati.

So at the very least an interview could never hurt.

What do you all think about it, just wanted to throw it out there as a possibility.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I doubt that Jeff Fisher would be interested in being a DC. That's the problem with that.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt that Jeff Fisher would be interested in being a DC. That's the problem with that.

I think your absolutely right about him wanting to be a Head Coach again. I don't think anyone could deny it really.

But from everything I heard, he's itching to coach again.

I definitely think we'd have to sign him to a smaller 2 year deal, with a possible 3rd year option.

Probably at the 1.5 to 2 million a year range.

But if he came on and helped turn this team and defense around, he'd be seen as a "mentor" to Zac Taylor.

He'd have basically any open HC coaching job he wanted, especially if it resulted in any kind of a playoff win.

Instead of sitting at home hoping to get the call.
Reply/Quote
So I know everybody thinks we should go the Phillips/McVay model...

But, I could see a lot of experienced guys not wanting to come and work for an inexperienced coach. It takes a special coach with little ego.

I REALLY wish we just signed Del Rio.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 11:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I know everybody thinks we should go the Phillips/McVay model...

But, I could see a lot of experienced guys not wanting to come and work for an inexperienced coach. It takes a special coach with little ego.

I REALLY wish we just signed Del Rio.

Gotta let it go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt that Jeff Fisher would be interested in being a DC. That's the problem with that.

Del Rio was.  Phillips and Crennel did it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'd rather just make Marvin our DC. Same difference.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 12:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd rather just make Marvin our DC.  Same difference.

Marvin did a great job last year but it is not going to happen.  JDR was not Taylor's guy.  I say no to Fisher.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I think people are just striving to have a name out there that we know. I'd rather have an unknown than a guy who has been fired over and over....
Reply/Quote
Hard pass on Marvin 1.0.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think people are just striving to have a name out there that we know. I'd rather have an unknown than a guy who has been fired over and over....

I think there are still plenty of smaller name coaches, with great resumes.

I can think of someone like David Reeves the DC at UAB.

I can think of someone like Bert Watts the DC at Fresno State.

A up-and-comer like the secondary coach Aaron Henry at N.C. State. His personality matches Zac Taylor's I think. 

He's always on his player's about building community, family and winning cultures.

None of them would have a resume like Jeff Fisher, though. Period.

Tom Bradley is also available.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 10:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hard pass on Marvin 1.0.

Yep 1,000%

Fisher is a has been all the way and not a very good one save a couple seasons quite some time ago.
Reply/Quote
My questions would be when is the last time he coached a defense and how good was it when he did?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 10:32 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I think your absolutely right about him wanting to be a Head Coach again. I don't think anyone could deny it really.

But from everything I heard, he's itching to coach again.

I definitely think we'd have to sign him to a smaller 2 year deal, with a possible 3rd year option.

Probably at the 1.5 to 2 million a year range.

But if he came on and helped turn this team and defense around, he'd be seen as a "mentor" to Zac Taylor.

He'd have basically any open HC coaching job he wanted, especially if it resulted in any kind of a playoff win.

Instead of sitting at home hoping to get the call.

if zac was afraid of JDR he wont even call fisher...
Reply/Quote