Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Ruby's Burrow Steak
I absolutely love this....and $9 from the proceeds of each Burrow Steak go to the Athens County Food Pantry.

First of all, I want to say to Jeff Ruby (I did mention on twitter @Stevenhaugen3 and they responded very kindly) that this is an outstanding gesture. I am going to make a special trip, eat that steak, and share it all over social media. Not like I am some socialite that has tons of followers, but hope it can be shared, etc, and more people will follow suit.

Second, I love that Burrow has already been there and ate the Burrow steak.

I have not been this giddy over a draft pick since, you guessed it, Carson Palmer. I have a strong feeling this guy has the character and drive that we have lacked as a leader in this franchise since Esiason. No disrespect to Dalton, he's a great person, but not as verbal as I would like my QB to be. The way Burrow got the staff at LSU and the team to support and rally behind him....I haven't seen a story like that in football since Kurt Warner.

Here's the article: https://www.wlwt.com/article/new-menu-item-at-jeff-rubys-steakhouse-inspired-by-joe-burrow/30578022
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of the crayfish on the steak, but great idea. Just remember his steaks are pricey.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I think I'd rather buy a regular steak and donate the $9 bucks myself.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 10:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I absolutely love this....and $9 from the proceeds of each Burrow Steak go to the Athens County Food Pantry. 

It has to be much better than "The Roethlis Burger".  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 10:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I absolutely love this....and $9 from the proceeds of each Burrow Steak go to the Athens County Food Pantry.

First of all, I want to say to Jeff Ruby (I did mention on twitter @Stevenhaugen3 and they responded very kindly) that this is an outstanding gesture.  I am going to make a special trip, eat that steak, and share it all over social media.  Not like I am some socialite that has tons of followers, but hope it can be shared, etc, and more people will follow suit.

Second, I love that Burrow has already been there and ate the Burrow steak.

I have not been this giddy over a draft pick since, you guessed it, Carson Palmer.  I have a strong feeling this guy has the character and drive that we have lacked as a leader in this franchise since Esiason.  No disrespect to Dalton, he's a great person, but not as verbal as I would like my QB to be.  The way Burrow got the staff at LSU and the team to support and rally behind him....I haven't seen a story like that in football since Kurt Warner.  

Here's the article:  https://www.wlwt.com/article/new-menu-item-at-jeff-rubys-steakhouse-inspired-by-joe-burrow/30578022

Feel the same about not being this giddy about a Draft pick since Palmer. Burrow has all the intangibles you want in your
Franchise QB. Leadership, smarts, accuracy, pocket awareness, touch, can throw WR's open etc.

BTW we don't have no Jeff Ruby's around here so pretty much impossible for me. Still love the move and think it is a great
idea. No way we trade back, no way man.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 11:04 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Not a fan of the crayfish on the steak, but great idea. Just remember his steaks are pricey.

Why? Sounds and looks damn good to me. Like surf and turf.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 01:10 PM)depthchart Wrote: It has to be much better than "The Roethlis Burger".  Tongue

How about the Jacoby Brisket? 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 12:02 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I think I'd rather buy a regular steak and donate the $9 bucks myself.

Yup.. I have absolutely no motivation to add to Ruby's bottom line nor Burrow's for that matter. I can buy a pretty darn good steak locally at Bi-Lo for around $5. (probably the best deals on beef in SC anyway) and send far more without the middleman to any shelter or food pantry. Kind of sad so many people are forced to rely on pantries, but we have a system that caters to wherever the money is. If you live in or near what is commonly called a food desert finding nutritious food on a budget can be very difficult if not down right impossible especially if you don't drive or don't have a car and if you have a large family that problem gets magnified by lugging food long distances on foot. (I used to have to lug groceries on foot uphill both directions...no fun AT ALL. up hill then down hill...wash,rinse, repeat)
Anyway, if you're intention is to donate to a food pantry there are far more efficient methods than buying a steak at inflated prices from Ruby's.. Still, I find no fault with Burrow or anyone else for that matter for wanting to help people find food. It's not as if there's some huge group of people who don't eat food at all. It's kind of a requirement for survival.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 02:52 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: How about the Jacoby Brisket? 

Almost as good as the Garden Minshew Chicken salad.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 01:10 PM)depthchart Wrote: It has to be much better than "The Roethlis Burger".  Tongue

Can I see the manager?

Why... is there a problem?

Yes, this burger seems a little bit more rapey than usual.

Secondly...  why am I seated in a bathroom?!?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Almost as good as the Garden Minshew Chicken salad.

My favorite is the CJ Beathard, Covered, Chunked, Topped and Diced. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
You go to a place like Ruby's for the experience and to be catered to while enjoying really good food. That's a big part of the price. You go with friends or family to relax and it is really a nice experience on top of great food. You don't have to worry about food prep, cooking, and cleaning up after. From my experiences at Ruby's the staff has always been top notch. It's nice to sit back, relax and eat while the staff fills your drinks, brushes bread crumbs off the table, brings your food and works to make your visit as positive as possible. Sure I can grill a decent steak any time I want for much less. But sometimes it is nice to go to a good restaurant and be treated with great service, great food while relaxing and enjoying the experience with others.

Sure the promotion is a marketing ploy. But it is at least doing something good.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: You go to a place like Ruby's for the experience and to be catered to while enjoying really good food.  That's a big part of the price.  You go with friends or family to relax and it is really a nice experience on top of great food.  You don't have to worry about food prep, cooking, and cleaning up after.  From my experiences at Ruby's the staff has always been top notch.  It's nice to sit back, relax and eat while the staff fills your drinks, brushes bread crumbs off the table, brings your food and works to make your visit as positive as possible. Sure I can grill a decent steak any time I want for much less.  But sometimes it is nice to go to a good restaurant and be treated with great service, great food while relaxing and enjoying the experience with others.

Sure the promotion is a marketing ploy. But it is at least doing something good.

You people out in Bengals  territory are spoiled to not love the Jeff Ruby thing.  Out here, near Oakland, CA, restaurants are donating a piece of jacked up dinner prices to climate change activists.  As for Burrow, with his good looks, ability, heck he went to OSU so he's at least of average intelligence, he will be the face of Ohio in the years to come.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Secondly...  why am I seated in a bathroom?!?

That's how they get tainted meat. Who the hell keeps putting their taint on the meat? Damn Roethlesberger. 

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yup.. I have absolutely no motivation to add to Ruby's bottom line nor Burrow's for that matter. I can buy a pretty darn good steak locally at Bi-Lo for around $5. (probably the best deals on beef in SC anyway) and send far more without the middleman to any shelter or food pantry. Kind of sad so many people are forced to rely on pantries, but we have a system that caters to wherever the money is. If you live in or near what is commonly called a food desert finding nutritious food on a budget can be very difficult if not down right impossible especially if you don't drive or don't have a car and if you have a large family that problem gets magnified by lugging food long distances on foot. (I used to have to lug groceries on foot uphill both directions...no fun AT ALL. up hill then down hill...wash,rinse, repeat)
Anyway, if you're intention is to donate to a food pantry there are far more efficient methods than buying a steak at inflated prices from Ruby's.. Still, I find no fault with Burrow or anyone else for that matter for wanting to help people find food. It's not as if there's some huge group of people who don't eat food at all. It's kind of a requirement for survival.

I actually meant I'd buy a regular steak at Jeff Ruby's instead of that Cajun concoction he came up with, but I agree with everything you're saying  regarding it being sad food pantries are necessary. For 4 years up until our twins were born my wife and I used to rent a 20x10 ft organic garden plot. It was for the 2 of us so about 90% of what was grown went to the local food pantry. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 04:26 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I actually meant I'd buy a regular steak at Jeff Ruby's instead of that Cajun concoction he came up with, but I agree with everything you're saying  regarding it being sad food pantries are necessary. For 4 years up until our twins were born my wife and I used to rent a 20x10 ft organic garden plot. It was for the 2 of us so about 90% of what was grown went to the local food pantry. 

My wife an I grow beans, celery, green onions, potatoes, okra, peppers, lettuce in our back yard out of pots.  Amazingly easy to do.  We could grow more if we had a mind too, just don't.   I'm almost starting to think you have to work at it to go hungry in America.  Sounds callous?  Food stamps, SNAP is available, you can grow your own, jobs are pretty easy to get in many parts.  Amazon delivers lots of types of foods so food desert isn't what it once was. 
On my next trip to Ohio, I'll go to Jeff Ruby, never been there.  I'm thinking its similar to Ruth Chris.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's how they get tainted meat. Who the hell keeps putting their taint on the meat? Damn Roethlesberger. 

"I've got meat sweats"

[Image: th?id=OIP.iADorijaMp-wiSAXLDeWbwHaE8&pid...=257&h=172]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 11:04 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Not a fan of the crayfish on the steak, but great idea. Just remember his steaks are pricey.

I wonder if they get those crayfish out of the Ohio River?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 11:00 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I wonder if they get those crayfish out of the Ohio River?

Yeah, if it is nasty water it isn't any good.

We have great crayfish in Wyoming and most of Utah.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: You go to a place like Ruby's for the experience and to be catered to while enjoying really good food. That's a big part of the price. You go with friends or family to relax and it is really a nice experience on top of great food. You don't have to worry about food prep, cooking, and cleaning up after. From my experiences at Ruby's the staff has always been top notch. It's nice to sit back, relax and eat while the staff fills your drinks, brushes bread crumbs off the table, brings your food and works to make your visit as positive as possible. Sure I can grill a decent steak any time I want for much less. But sometimes it is nice to go to a good restaurant and be treated with great service, great food while relaxing and enjoying the experience with others.

Agreed, and nobody is buying a 20oz prime strip for $10 anyway, and few of us can cook it as well.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote