Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what irritates me about the Bengals
(01-24-2020, 05:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You gotta understand Hobby. He's had the same $8 haircut all his life and the same clothes, I'm willing to bet, for the last 10 years. So he fits the Bengals model employee. Cheap

Dude, shut up already.  I've been cutting my own hair, with the same set of $20 clippers, for almost 25 years.  There's nothing wrong with being frugal, when you look respectable and your work speaks for itself.   Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 03:45 PM)J24 Wrote: So I was just on Twitter and Baghdad Geoff and Baghdad Lap were answering Bengals Questions . So there question about Joe Schobert and if the Bengals would be interested in his services.
Baghdad Geoff " I don't know that's a lot of money"
Baghdad Lap " oh but he's earned it that's a LB that can do everything you want in a LB. There is a guy from the North from Wisconsin that is similar. The Big 10 is known for its lB play.
Baghdad Geoff " they will call but it will be a quick conversation"
Me " Dear God this organization is so bleeping stupid haven't they learned anything from last off-season."
Conclusion expect them to resign Vigil and maybe go after a Derron Lee in the off-season with a 3rd Rd pick to follow.
This is what pisses me off the most about our front office...A position of need and "We'll call but it will be a quick conversation." In other words....ain't no way in hell he's coming to Cincinnati. Oh...all 32 teams are bound by the same financial rules, but WE can't afford him. Don't get your hopes up, but one of the other 31 normally run franchises will pony up, BUT NOT US! NEVER US!
(01-24-2020, 05:01 PM)higgy100 Wrote: So you're really letting a podcast among a couple of hacks really get to you?
Hacks? Geoff Hobson is the mouthpiece of the franchise and Dave Lapham has tons of inside information were not privy to. They are right WAY more often than not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here's the question I keep asking myself:  On the current Bengals' roster, which players would be able to start for either the Kansas City Chiefs or the San Francisco 49ers? 

I'm coming up blank.

Mixon, AJ Green (if you count him as currently on the roster), Atkins (possibly).

That's about it.

Reply/Quote
Owners who want to win fire coaches/Coordinators after a 11-5 season, pick up FA’s that can actually make an impact to free up your options in the up coming draft.

Owners who couldn’t give a shit do exactly as Mike Brown does. Hell this franchise even has plenty of fans in here brainwashed thinking just as Brown would. This FA’s is a great player at a position of need, but he cost too much.

Who gives a shit how much they cost? That’s not the fans problem. They gave 8 mil away to Hart. The LB position is a huge need and I don’t see ya addressing it till round 3 at the earliest. So why not go out and get a proven player.

I apologize if I ruffled any feathers, had a few beers this evening. Who-Dey New-Dey May-Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 03:45 PM)J24 Wrote: So I was just on Twitter and Baghdad Geoff and Baghdad Lap were answering Bengals Questions . So there question about Joe Schobert and if the Bengals would be interested in his services.
Baghdad Geoff " I don't know that's a lot of money"
Baghdad Lap " oh but he's earned it that's a LB that can do everything you want in a LB. There is a guy from the North from Wisconsin that is similar. The Big 10 is known for its lB play.
Baghdad Geoff " they will call but it will be a quick conversation"
Me " Dear God this organization is so bleeping stupid haven't they learned anything from last off-season."
Conclusion expect them to resign Vigil and maybe go after a Derron Lee in the off-season with a 3rd Rd pick to follow.

This team will never get the linebacker position right when it comes to drafting and free agency. We totally blew it when we passed on Barrett last year, and mediocre guys like Vigil will be the best they can do drafting.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 01:29 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Owners who want to win fire coaches/Coordinators after a 11-5 season, pick up FA’s that can actually make an impact to free up your options in the up coming draft.

Owners who couldn’t give a shit do exactly as Mike Brown does. Hell this franchise even has plenty of fans in here brainwashed thinking just as Brown would. This FA’s is a great player at a position of need, but he cost too much.

Who gives a shit how much they cost? That’s not the fans problem. They gave 8 mil away to Hart. The LB position is a huge need and I don’t see ya addressing it till round 3 at the earliest. So why not go out and get a proven player.

I apologize if I ruffled any feathers, had a few beers this evening. Who-Dey New-Dey May-Dey!

Few beers or 1000 beers you're correct in that player salaries are not our problem as fans. I have one phrase for any team who comes to my house asking for money to pay players.. "Get off my porch you morons." Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here's the question I keep asking myself:  On the current Bengals' roster, which players would be able to start for either the Kansas City Chiefs or the San Francisco 49ers? 

I'm coming up blank.

Your question might have an easier answer had it been posed as ... "On the current Bengals' roster, which players would be able to start for any of the teams that made the playoffs?"

Probably 6 or 7 players ... A. J. (if he would have been healthy), Mixon, Boyd, Atkins, Dunlop, ?, ?
Reply/Quote