Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Sessions Resigns
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Lindsay graham next AG
People suck
(11-07-2018, 04:59 PM)Griever Wrote: Lindsay graham next AG

Probably.

Just heard on NPR that he resigned "at the request of the president"...so he was fired.
(11-07-2018, 05:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Probably.

Just heard on NPR that he resigned "at the request of the president"...so he was fired.

Now he can make some real money.  He could become a Joe Scarborough type guy.  Hell I'd do it if the money were right.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

RUDY, RUDY, RUDY!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-07-2018, 05:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Now he can make some real money.  He could become a Joe Scarborough type guy.  Hell I'd do it if the money were right.

I don't believe, speaking purely from a media standpoint, that Jeff Sessions has the kind of personality to maintain a daily news/opinion show.

Have someone write a book that he can slap his name on?  Maybe.
(11-07-2018, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: RUDY, RUDY, RUDY!!

That would be funny.  Watching Graham get the vapors over it after all the preening he did to try and get the job.
(11-07-2018, 05:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't believe, speaking purely from a media standpoint, that Jeff Sessions has the kind of personality to maintain a daily news/opinion show.

Have someone write a book that he can slap his name on?  Maybe.

Not necessarily a daily show, but everyone loves a switcher.  (On the switched to side)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Former Iowa Hawkeye tight end Matt Whitaker has been named new AG.

Is this the first step in the legalization of recreational marijuana?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

This might be why Sessions was fired. I expect to see a flurry around getting a new AG and shutting down the Mueller investigation ASAP. Don Jr. has been recently telling friends he expects to be indicted on perjury charges any day now.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2018/11/donald-trump-jr-expecting-to-be-indicted-by-mueller-soon.html
(11-07-2018, 05:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: This might be why Sessions was fired. I expect to see a flurry around getting a new AG and shutting down the Mueller investigation ASAP. Don Jr. has been recently telling friends he expects to be indicted on perjury charges any day now.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2018/11/donald-trump-jr-expecting-to-be-indicted-by-mueller-soon.html

With the Democrats holding the house now, shutting down Mueller isn't really on the table anymore.
(11-07-2018, 05:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: With the Democrats holding the house now, shutting down Mueller isn't really on the table anymore.

Well they can shut it down, but a new one would start once the DEMs are seated. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-07-2018, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well they can shut it down, but a new one would start once the DEMs are seated. 

Basically the thought is, they'd simply hold a televised hearing subpoena what would have been the report and have Mueller read what he was going to submit as anyways for the world to hear. The damage would be done and then they'd use that information to push for whatever it is they would use the official report for anyways. 
(11-07-2018, 05:23 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Former Iowa Hawkeye tight end Matt Whitaker has been named new AG.

Is this the first step in the legalization of recreational marijuana?

I doubt it...bigger fish to fry first.  Like an attempt at defunding Mueller to the point of forcing him to shut down.
(11-07-2018, 05:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: With the Democrats holding the house now, shutting down Mueller isn't really on the table anymore.

Trump thinks executive orders trump the Constitution (as long as he's making them). He probably doesn't realize the Dems can just restart it every time he stops it.

Wasn't Graham the one who said there would be hell for trump to pay if he fired session s or interfered with murller? 
(11-07-2018, 05:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Now he can make some real money.  He could become a Joe Scarborough type guy.  Hell I'd do it if the money were right.

Lacks the optics and people skills. An occasional "expert" on Fox news, at best.
(11-07-2018, 05:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Basically the thought is, they'd simply hold a televised hearing subpoena what would have been the report and have Mueller read what he was going to submit as anyways for the world to hear. The damage would be done and then they'd use that information to push for whatever it is they would use the official report for anyways. 

Yes, that would be a likely response.

But I think there might be more to it, in that you have a president shutting down an investigation of his own campaign.  Depending on what is in the report, that verges towards impeachable offense.

Trump also has to know the result of a shutdown could be a dump of his tax returns and other private info into the public domain.  Maybe the only choice is sooner or later and he chooses sooner.

It will be interesting to see what they try to do, and how the House responds, now that Dems are in charge of the intel committee. And how the WH/Fox counter.

Some commentator once asked if Nixon would have been impeached if Fox news had existed in the early '70s.
So, since bfine suggested Rudy...

Honestly I don't know if this make it more or less likely that Trump would pick him.   Ninja
(11-07-2018, 09:09 PM)Dill Wrote: Lacks the optics and people skills. An occasional "expert" on Fox news, at best.

Nah the money is in ripping on Trump. I mean would anyone actually watch Scarborough if he weren’t a Republican who constantly rips on Republicans. He’s not that good. And I can go the other way. Would David Horowitz have had the popularity he had if he hadn’t been a radical 60s guy?