Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff sessions didnt disclose russian meetings
(03-03-2017, 07:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So you think wearing a microphone and being filmed for a TV show and that footage being released is the exact same as personal emails being hacked by an unfriendly foreign government and slowly being leaked out over months to control the narrative of an election cycle?  I must be crazy to think there is a little bit of a difference there.

Not exactly the same, as very few things are; however, they are similar. The fact that you had to add exactly pretty much attests to that.

How is Russia unfriendly with us? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-03-2017, 07:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsecured emails get hacked all the time, just ask the VP. WTS, are we mad at Trump or the Russians? 

I... don't really get the question. You asked how Russians could influence the election and I answered it. I am not particularly mad at the Russians. But they didn't try to meddle around in my country's elections, so what does it matter. What YOU are mad about, I do not know. But I am sure amazed that Russian meddling doesn't seem to bother you the tiniest bit.
I have a theory on why that might be.

That I am Anti-Trump is no secret, but I don't need the Russians for that.
(03-03-2017, 06:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is it?

Defense of our democracy. Concern that the conman elected to our highest office is who he has been his whole life. The same guy who settled a lawsuit right before becoming our president for swindling a bunch of "college students". 

Concern the actor who played fake patriot with Make America Great Again and America First is really just a narcissistic asswipe good at fooling people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umge6h_ZQN0
The whole thing is good. But at least watch from about 3:15 on
It seems to me that if someone or some group was being investigated over something they didn't do, they would be eager for the investigation to proceed and for it to be thorough and unbiased enough that no one ever questioned the results (since they obviously are secure in the knowledge that they never did anything wrong in the first place).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-03-2017, 07:59 PM)hollodero Wrote: I... don't really get the question. You asked how Russians could influence the election and I answered it. I am not particularly mad at the Russians. But they didn't try to meddle around in my country's elections, so what does it matter. What YOU are mad about, I do not know. But I am sure amazed that Russian meddling doesn't seem to bother you the tiniest bit.
I have a theory on why that might be.

That I am Anti-Trump is no secret, but I don't need the Russians for that.

If Russia ever is caught hacking or trying to hack our secure messages then I say we impose sanctions on them at a minimum. You also have zero idea if Russia or any other country has meddled in your Country's elections.

The left got caught with their pants down and are now trying to deflect blame. Accusing someone of influencing an election after it was proven that they influenced their very own. 

When you hit send on a NIPR net you accept the same risk of exposure as Trump did when he was having a private conversation on that bus. 

(03-03-2017, 07:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not exactly the same, as very few things are; however, they are similar. The fact that you had to add exactly pretty much attests to that.

How is Russia unfriendly with us? 
You can take exact out if it makes you feel better.

I don't know. Why do we have sanctions on them? Does our government just do that for shits and giggles?

You are the ideal Trumpet. Oblivious and wholeheartedly support dear leader no matter what. 

Here this is even from a source even you can trust. 

“Their sole purpose was to strengthen us against the U.S. and its allies,” added the Taliban jihadist, referring to the Kremlin.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/02/16/russia-openly-aligns-afghan-taliban-says-u-s-military-presence-disturbing/
(03-03-2017, 08:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Defense of our democracy. Concern that the conman elected to our highest office is who he has been his whole life. The same guy who settled a lawsuit right before becoming our president for swindling a bunch of "college students". 

Concern the actor who played fake patriot with Make America Great Again and America First is really just a narcissistic asswipe good at fooling people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umge6h_ZQN0
The whole thing is good. But at least watch from about 3:15 on

Where you concerned about this Defense of our democracy when is was exposed that the DNC rigged their election. Some may consider a rigging done from the inside to be more nefarious than one from the outside.

(03-03-2017, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Russia ever is caught hacking or trying to hack our secure messages then I say we impose sanctions on them at a minimum. You also have zero idea if Russia or any other country has meddled in your Country's elections.

The left got caught with their pants down and are now trying to deflect blame. Accusing someone of influencing an election after it was proven that they influenced their very own. 

When you hit send on a NIPR net you accept the same risk of exposure as Trump did when he was having a private conversation on that bus. 

So now US intelligence agencies are a part of "the left"?
(03-03-2017, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Russia ever is caught hacking or trying to hack our secure messages then I say we impose sanctions on them at a minimum. You also have zero idea if Russia or any other country has meddled in your Country's elections.

Well, I do know that no emails from one of our campaigns were released on Wikileaks or any other platform. So there's that.

(03-03-2017, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The left got caught with their pants down and are now trying to deflect blame. Accusing someone of influencing an election after it was proven that they influenced their very own.

They influenced their very own? Please expand.
--- In case you mean rigging the nomination against Bernie, yes that is true. That was a stupid thing to do.

Doesn't change the fact that the Russians did the hacking (say your own agencies) and that I find it strange that this doesn't bother you at all.

(03-03-2017, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When you hit send on a NIPR net you accept the same risk of exposure as Trump did when he was having a private conversation on that bus. 

Not exactly the same. The conversation was merely semi-private. But I already gave in on that one and said it wasn't OK too, so let's skip it.
(03-03-2017, 08:13 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You can take exact out if it makes you feel better.

I don't know. Why do we have sanctions on them? Does our government just do that for shits and giggles?

Because of our arrangement with the EU. It is not because of anything they have done to us. We're just being the "world's police". 

(03-03-2017, 01:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Of course those could all be discussed well after Trump is sworn in.  There's literally no reason, if that's what you want to discuss with them, you can't have that discussion after 01/20/17.

Who is the source of these "revelations"? In other words, did the Russians ask for the meeting and later leak information about the meetings?  
(03-03-2017, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where you concerned about this Defense of our democracy when is was exposed that the DNC rigged their election. Some may consider a rigging done from the inside to be more nefarious than one from the outside.

The DNC is a political party that supported a lifelong democrat over a lifelong independent. Does it honestly surprise you a political party supported someone from their political party over an outsider?

So no I was not as concerned about a political party picking a favorite from their own party compared to my concern that an unfriendly foreign government interfered in the election of our President and that individual's campaign had regular communication with that unfriendly country. 

The two party system is broke as shit. That doesn't make it OK for a presidential nominee to buddy up with an unfriendly foreign government and rig an election. 
(03-03-2017, 08:19 PM)hollodero Wrote: They influenced their very own? Please expand.
--- In case you mean rigging the nomination against Bernie, yes that is true. That was a stupid thing to do.

Of course that's what I'm talking about and it was exposed by wikileaks. You think that made the Dems made.

Hacking non-secure emails perhaps "bothers" me, but I am aware it constantly happens. If you are not awatr of this you need to be more careful. We don't send so much as a Social Security Number unecypted, because we know who unsecure even Government servers can be.

Do you not think we are not hacking other Countries? 

I suppose they why are you upset question could be directed toward those that are upset that Russia shared what they detected. Is it what they hacked or who they hacked?

How mad would folks be at India if they came out tomorrow and say we have all the non-secure traffic between Russia and Trump and are going to release it?

(03-03-2017, 08:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The DNC is a political party that supported a lifelong democrat over a lifelong independent. Does it honestly surprise you a political party supported someone from their political party over an outsider?

So no I was not as concerned about a political party picking a favorite from their own party compared to my concern that an unfriendly foreign government interfered in the election of our President and that individual's campaign had regular communication with that unfriendly country. 

The two party system is broke as shit. That doesn't make it OK for a presidential nominee to buddy up with an unfriendly foreign government and rig an election. 

So it's OK as long as you favor the reasoning? hhhmmm....

(03-03-2017, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course that's what I'm talking about and it was exposed by wikileaks. You think that made the Dems made.

Hacking non-secure emails perhaps "bothers" me, but I am aware it constantly happens. If you are not awatr of this you need to be more careful. We don't send so much as a Social Security Number unecypted, because we know who unsecure even Government servers can be.

I suppose they why are you upset question could be directed toward those that are upset that Russia shared what they detected. Is it what they hacked or who they hacked?

How mad would folks be at India if they came out tomorrow and say we have all the non-secure traffic between Russia and Trump and are going to release it?
How anyone can claim Make America Great Again and America First or even claim to be patriotic while making excuses for and instantly forgiving Russia led by a former KGB agent for interfering in the very process that makes us a democracy is hilariously scary as hell. 

You have to ask the question because you have no concern yourself that it even happened. 

I have heard it said many times. This should not be remotely close to a partisan issue. This should be a concern to every single American. But for some reason it is not. 
(03-03-2017, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So it's OK as long as you favor the reasoning? hhhmmm....

Politics in politics. Real shocker....
(03-03-2017, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course that's what I'm talking about and it was exposed by wikileaks. You think that made the Dems made.

Sure you do. I guess. As far as I know, you didn't go as far as releasing the hacked emails to the public, though.
This was not a routine secret service operation. This was made public, hence it's different then just gathering intelligence.

(03-03-2017, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose they why are you upset question could be directed toward those that are upset that Russia shared what they detected. Is it what they hacked or who they hacked?

Jeez, I don't know. They tried to influence your elections. I really, honestly feel condemning this should not be a partisan issue. To you it obviously is.

(03-03-2017, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How mad would folks be at India if they came out tomorrow and say we have all the non-secure traffic between Russia and Trump and are going to release it?

LOL well, I would be happy. But your agencies and institutions shouldn't be. And none of you should just accept that, including "the left". It should not be up to India or Russia to engage in US politics.
(03-03-2017, 08:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You have to ask the question because you have no concern yourself that it even happened. 

(03-03-2017, 08:43 PM)hollodero Wrote: Jeez, I don't know. They tried to influence your elections. I really, honestly feel condemning this should not be a partisan issue. To you it obviously is.

Let's just say we're looking at it from 2 different angles (surprising I know). Let's concede all these things:

We know that unsecure emails are hacked all the time

We know Russia hacked the DNC emails

We know Hillary deleted 30,000 emails after she was told to turn over her server for evidence.

Now why would somebody that is truly concerned about National Security care that Russia showed what they can do? Folks keep coming back to they "influenced the election". They only did so by releasing stuff that happens all day, every day. The DNC got caught red-faced and is trying to divert the blame.

I for one am glad Russia has been exposed, as we can learn valuable lessons when we send traffic more sensitive than "yoga lessons". It is much to do about nothing. But the Dems apparently want their Bengazi; another endless investigation that I thought was stupid. But the public feeds the monster. Do we think the Dems will point out how much these Russian investigations cost?

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's just say we're looking at it from 2 different angles (surprising I know). Let's concede all these things:

We know Hillary deleted 30,000 emails after she was told to turn over her server for evidence.

That sounds about right. [Just for the record, I never defended Hillary on that one.]

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now why would somebody that is truly concerned about National Security care that Russia showed what they can do?

As you said yourself. There's not much behind it. Podesta's password was what, password? It's not that surprising that they can technically do it. The surprising thing is that they actually released the emails to the public.
Putin "could" also come to the US and openly campaign for Trump (or for whom ever). It's not a matter of mere ability to do things. It's a matter of showing that there are clear consequences when a foreign power gets involved in your elections or broadly speaking, in your domestic affairs.
Russia or whoever simply should have no business doing that. Imho. Wouldn't you agree?

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks keep coming back to they "influenced the election".

Well, they tried...! What other reason could there be. If they actually did influence the election, I don't know. My guess would be "no".

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They only did so by releasing stuff that happens all day, every day. The DNC got caught red-faced and is trying to divert the blame.

Maybe so. But the topic is to be regarded independently from the DNC and what they want to hide or whatever they want. Trump makes it about that too, but it really shouldn't be. And from a leader for "all Americans" I would expect a wider perspective. That's my angle.

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I for one am glad Russia has been exposed, as we can learn valuable lessons when we send traffic more sensitive than "yoga lessons".

Sure. The good within the bad. Nothing wrong with learning the lesson. But that alone doesn't make it a "good" thing overall, I'd say.

(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is much to do about nothing. But the Dems apparently want their Bengazi; another endless investigation that I thought was stupid. But the public feeds the monster. Do we think the Dems will point out how much these Russian investigations cost?

I take the wait and see approach on that one. Right now I honestly have no idea how deep the administration's involvement in the Russia thing really is. If there is deep and bothering involvement, then it better be exposed. After it's all just a whole bunch of smoke and mirrors as you assume, they probably won't point out the costs, no. That's your side's job :)
(03-03-2017, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's just say we're looking at it from 2 different angles (surprising I know). Let's concede all these things:

Now why would somebody that is truly concerned about National Security care that Russia showed what they can do? Folks keep coming back to they "influenced the election". They only did so by releasing stuff that happens all day, every day. The DNC got caught red-faced and is trying to divert the blame.

I for one am glad Russia has been exposed, as we can learn valuable lessons when we send traffic more sensitive than "yoga lessons". It is much to do about nothing. But the Dems apparently want their Bengazi; another endless investigation that I thought was stupid. But the public feeds the monster. Do we think the Dems will point out how much these Russian investigations cost?

Remember that two wrongs don't make a right thing you were arguing the other day?

Hillary sending emails doesn't make it OK for Russia to interfere with our elections. I know this is a vastly complex concept. But just trust me on this. It will make it look like you care about your country more than your party to your friends and family.  

Hillary is gone. The good old days of every headline being benghazi and emails is over. I know, sad. It was fun a couple days ago when you were able to bring her up on treason charges. But it just doesn't last like it used to. Time to use some of that skepticism and critical thinking to hold the ones in power to your very strict standards.