Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeffrey Simmons vs Joe Mixon & The Bengals Rep
(04-26-2019, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are always straight to the point MBF, we start winning some Playoff games and a Superbowl or two and we won't get this bias against us anymore. Mixon made a terrible stupid mistake and it seems has turned his life around and is now a great man. With Simmons it is yet to be seen and as of now i don't know it the Titans made a good pick or not as when you use a first round pick on a player you want to see them playing in their first year...

Both are amazing talents though and that makes teams overlook some things to be honest.

Just happy Mixon has only one incident and one stupid punch and the woman and Mixon are over it.

Bottom line, just don't hit women.

Simmons repeatedly hit that gal, not cool at all and should give any team pause no matter the talent.

I agree but I’d change “don’t hit women” to “don’t hit anyone”. Keep your hands to yourself for God’s sake, everyone.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I agree but I’d change “don’t hit women” to “don’t hit anyone”. Keep your hands to yourself for God’s sake, everyone.

Yeah but we all know people have to defend themselves in this mad world.

Would be nice if we lived in a fairy tale world...
Reply/Quote
Can people here ever not be whiny little bitches with their victim mentality? Mixon was getting killed way before the draft ever started and before the Bengals picked him. Nothing changed about the coverage he got before or after the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 04:14 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Can people here ever not be whiny little bitches with their victim mentality? Mixon was getting killed way before the draft ever started and before the Bengals picked him. Nothing changed about the coverage he got before or after the Bengals.

That wasn't very sweet. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are always straight to the point MBF, we start winning some Playoff games and a Superbowl or two and we won't get this bias against us anymore. Mixon made a terrible stupid mistake and it seems has turned his life around and is now a great man. With Simmons it is yet to be seen and as of now i don't know it the Titans made a good pick or not as when you use a first round pick on a player you want to see them playing in their first year...

Both are amazing talents though and that makes teams overlook some things to be honest.

Just happy Mixon has only one incident and one stupid punch and the woman and Mixon are over it.

Bottom line, just don't hit women.

Simmons repeatedly hit that gal, not cool at all and should give any team pause no matter the talent.

That wasn't meant as an excuse or a cover for doing something reprehensible. I don't know these kids or what's in their hearts. I simply meant teams/players aren't put under the same lenses when they are successful. If the Bengals start winning those old stereotypes will hopefully fade away. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:12 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: People say Simmons was protecting his sister, or something like that. With Mixon, it appeared to be a malicious thing whereas with Simmons protecting your sister is a noble thing.
So the reasoning behind the assault was different. I haven't seen the video or anything, so I'm just going off of what other people are saying.

He wasn't protecting his sister.  He attacked the woman because she said something bad about his deceased nephew.  He admitted as much himself in the statement he gave after the incident.

Personally, people deserve second chances, but I didn't want Simmons because we'd get killed for it and Mixon's past would get drug back up.  Also, these top guys who slide due to torn ACL's rarely ever pan out.
Reply/Quote
Tyreek Hill is hoping right now that the media and league will be as forgiving with him, also...

Simmons' tape is just as damning as the footage and story surrounding Joe... but the NFL and media covering the draft is not going to go into the Simmons stuff very far because they are trying to control some of this domestic violence stuff to protect their brand and advertising partners. Multi billion dollar companies like the NFL are going to do as much as possible to get the attention away from the things that make their customers "uncomfortable."

That's why guys like Hill, Hunt, Rice... are given extended vacations until the smoke stops.

Mixon was getting more attention pre-draft than Simmons, because he was on the radar much more coming into the pre-draft process. I honestly never had heard of Simmons until he was selected and had to do some research to understand what he had done.
Reply/Quote