Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jensen
(03-13-2022, 10:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The Bucs are currently -3M with the cap, they have already restructured the largest contracts, so this will be interesting. Godwin can come off the tag and sign an extension to help a little. This is a situation in which having a billionaire owner provides a clear advantage.

Not everyone is coming back.

The Green Bay Packers don’t have a billionaire owner and just signed Rodgers to a $200M deal while about $60M over the cap.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:32 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: I’m all in on James Daniels and moving him back to center.  He should have been the guy instead of Billy Price.  He is actually a scheme fit, BP should never be on a team that favors wide zone.

In the draft I favored JD over BP, but I also favored JD over Ragnow, so I was 1 for 2. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopkins is fine if he's 100% anyway. What they really need to do is fix the right side. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:48 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Hopkins is fine if he's 100% anyway. What they really need to do is fix the right side. 

I think Reiff and Hopkins are fine, but one of them needs replacing along with RG
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:32 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: I’m all in on James Daniels and moving him back to center.  He should have been the guy instead of Billy Price.  He is actually a scheme fit, BP should never be on a team that favors wide zone.

BP was drafted by the previous regime so likely fit them more than JD. That said, yes, bring him over. Either RG or OC.
Reply/Quote
Trade up. Draft Linderbaum. Dude is a glass eater.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 11:15 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Trade up. Draft Linderbaum. Dude is a glass eater.

Depends on high up you want to move, we dont have a lot of value with our late picks.  Trading a pick for an establish RT isnt an unanimous option here, an undersized center is an even riskier move for multiple picks.

He is an excellent college center and we would think that should transfer to the NFL....

Reply/Quote

Here is the thing people keep forgetting about Daniels, Chicago moved him from center to right guard, kept him there and that is where he stepped up his play and is why he is valued at 10 million a year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think Reiff and Hopkins are fine, but one of them needs replacing along with RG

We cant go in to the season only replacing the RG position and thinking the line is now fixed.  The line was bad before Adeniji started playing the RG position.  We need multiple changes.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:48 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Hopkins is fine if he's 100% anyway. What they really need to do is fix the right side. 

Hopkins cant push anyone off the ball even when he is 100% healthy.  You need a 3rd and short in the playoffs with Hopkins under center, forget it.  His total PFF in regular season and the playoffs was in the 50s.  Thats not good.  If we can find another center in the same range or a little more than Hopkins 7.1 million, Hopkins should be cut.
Reply/Quote
I think I see what you did there with that thread title.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Trade/Sign La'El Collins for RT draft Zion Williams/Jackson Carmen RG.
Tery Hopkins stays at Center
Connor Williams, Andrew Norwell or Laken Tomlinson at (RG)

Money saved from Jensen should be use to sign JC Jackson
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1503215523047297024?s=21
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:40 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Trade/Sign La'El Collins for RT draft Zion Williams/Jackson Carmen RG.
Tery Hopkins stays at Center
Connor Williams, Andrew Norwell or Laken Tomlinson at (RG)

Money saved from Jensen should be use to sign JC Jackson

We might need someone at LG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We probably were never going to be in for 13 per (23 guaranteed at signing too) so nothing technically lost here.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:56 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I don't see why we wouldn't unless they think he's not as capable of a center. Reports are he's going to get 10-12M APY. Thats still considerably less than we were reported to offer Jensen.
If we sign Daniels it will be for RG. He started playing much better once he was moved. Spotrac has Brian Allen at 5.4 million he will go for more than that so signing him and cutting Hopkins makes sense and then draft a OC in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:22 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think I see what you did there with that thread title.   Tongue

I’ve always felt bad for the ‘Oh, long johnson’ cat. He’s so obviously terrified.

I can dig the reference though.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Jensen has resigned with the Bucs.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/03/bucs-re-sign-c-ryan-jensen
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:56 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I don't see why we wouldn't unless they think he's not as capable of a center. Reports are he's going to get 10-12M APY. Thats still considerably less than we were reported to offer Jensen.

Not seen anything regarding Daniels.  Of course there hasnt been anything in Chicago about him either. 

Bozeman, Allen, Jones are the options left, Jones is versatile...  Hopefully we get some clarity tomorrow.

Reply/Quote
Supposedly, Jensen re-signed with the Bucs for 3 years $39 million. Maybe Pacman did know something about the contract price.
Reply/Quote