Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill
Not much of a running game today but he did his job. He punched it thru on that one TD. And I love the celebration by shaking teammates hands. Keep it up......
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looked very good when the OL did their job.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:13 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Not much of a running game today but he did his job. He punched it thru on that one TD. And I love the celebration by shaking teammates hands. Keep it up......

Agree. Some may be upset he doesn't dance anymore, but I like class act ala Dalton, Green, and Bernard.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:13 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Not much of a running game today but he did his job. He punched it thru on that one TD. And I love the celebration by shaking teammates hands. Keep it up......

Yeah, Oline was atrocious. We will find out in the coming weeks if they are really as bad as they looked today or of today was an aberration and the jets dline is just that good. Time will tell.

Reply/Quote

The TD run was outstanding.  He carried a couple guys into the end zone.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:14 PM)Beaker Wrote: Looked very good when the OL did their job .....

or when the Jets DL didn't do their job.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: or when the Jets DL didn't do their job.

One is kinda the result of the other....both ways.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: One is kinda the result of the other....both ways.

IMO, it was more of the Jets DL playing beastly, than the Bengals OL falling asleep.
Reply/Quote
Bodine is dreadful and the rest of the oline wasn't good either. That's why our game sucked.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Bodine is dreadful and the rest of the oline wasn't good either. That's why our game sucked.

Our game didn't suck. We won. The jet's game sucked. Getting 7 sacks and losing at home sucks way worse than getting sacked 7 times and winning on the road. 
Reply/Quote
O-line struggled against a stout defense.

Yet that TD run by Hill was pure effort and determination that came when we needed it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Big Win !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: Our game didn't suck. We won. The jet's game sucked. Getting 7 sacks and losing at home sucks way worse than getting sacked 7 times and winning on the road. 

Yellowxdiscipline does not realize that we won.  He posted this in the gameday thread in the first quarter

Not watching anymore. Game over already.

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO
Reply/Quote
Yeah, a win does not suck. Our overall performance wasn't pretty, in fact downright ugly at times, but a win is a win. Fix what needs to be fixed and move on.

As to Jeremy Hill I agree with most on here in that it's damn difficult to run when both the opposing D-line is beast mode and your O-line is being particularly soft through the interior. (Boling, Bodine and Zeitler had more than just a few issues today).

Quite frankly I'm a bit surprised he even averaged 3.4 yards a carry today considering what was going on up front especially throughout the first half.
Reply/Quote
Zampese came in with a gameplan to throw throw throw. I won't judge Jeremy or Gio for that matter off of today. We never committed to the run.. funny after all this talk that Zampese was gonna go run heavy lol.
Reply/Quote
The simple handshaking just became my favorite TD celebration.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Zampese came in with a gameplan to throw throw throw. I won't judge Jeremy or Gio for that matter off of today. We never committed to the run.. funny after all this talk that Zampese was gonna go run heavy lol.

Yeah I really figured we'd run the ball more. And we used the Read Option too much. What ever happened to lining up and running the ball 25 times in a game. I don't think it would have been as close had we done that.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yellowxdiscipline does not realize that we won.  He posted this in the gameday thread in the first quarter

Not watching anymore. Game over already.

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO

Quitting after one quarter isn't very disciplined LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Zampese came in with a gameplan to throw throw throw. I won't judge Jeremy or Gio for that matter off of today. We never committed to the run.. funny after all this talk that Zampese was gonna go run heavy lol.

I've been worried that we'd go a little pass-heavy this year considering Zampese's coaching tree and history.

It's still too early to say though. We were passing a lot better than we were running, despite the sacks.

Can't blame Zampese for sticking with the pass today. It got us the W.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I liked the handshakes, but....

I love TD dances.
Reply/Quote