Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill
Who ever said Zampese would have a "run heavy" offense?

I always assumed we would throw the ball all over the place with him as OC.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:15 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Agree. Some may be upset he doesn't dance anymore, but I like class act ala Dalton, Green, and Bernard.

He can dance in the Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who ever said Zampese would have a "run heavy" offense?

Same
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:14 PM)Beaker Wrote: Looked very good when the OL did their job.

^This

Its hard for a RB to do his job when the people in front of him aren't...
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:16 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah, Oline was atrocious. We will find out in the coming weeks if they are really as bad as they looked today or of today was an aberration and the jets dline is just that good. Time will tell.

I think we already know our Oline is not as bad as today... we have little change from last year and we had a very good line last year... all teams have bad games even with a good part of their team.. i do give some props to the Jets but it is funny we still had over 425 yards total offense.. so was not like they just shut us down
Reply/Quote
For how badly abused our O line was today, 3.4 a pop isn't to bad. came through with the big TD when we needed it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who ever said Zampese would have a "run heavy" offense?

Lots of people assumed the offense would be run heavy because of the losses in FA.

I think Zampese will be very flexible, we might come out next week and run it 35 times. We will see.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: IMO, it was more of the Jets DL playing beastly, than the Bengals OL falling asleep.

My disagreement here is supposedly we have had a top ten oline for the last couple of years. Other than the RT, these guys have some experience and have played together for a few years. Yes, the Jet DL was very good but they should not have dominated our oline like they did. Something was wrong today. Bodine plus Z having bad games? Our new RT getting abused? The whole line not being prepared? I am not a fan of Alexander and I personally think our oline is middle of the pack. Must pundits think they are the cat's pajamas. My guess is we sucked for some reason other than being far inferior to their Dline. I'm no coach but I can't figure out why they got dominated. It was ugly!
Reply/Quote
Just one request....Throw Hill a pass or two. Gio being the receiver and Hill the rusher just gives opposing defenses too much predictability. Give Hill a chance for a couple receptions. He won't make you regret it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Zampese came in with a gameplan to throw throw throw. I won't judge Jeremy or Gio for that matter off of today. We never committed to the run.. funny after all this talk that Zampese was gonna go run heavy lol.

You have to look at the opponents strengths and weaknesses, and game plan for the opponent you are facing. Jets are #2 in the league against the run.... why would you try to run at them when you have Dalton/AJ? I expect we will run a lot this year, when it is appropriate.
Reply/Quote
With the current state of our oline, I don't expect a run heavy mentality.

Reply/Quote