Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill Says "Now Or Never" For The Team
This kid continues to impress me more and more. He's taking the "Now or Never" mentality into the season, even though it's only his second year:

Quote:Bengals second-year running back Jeremy Hill has only been there for the most recent playoff loss, but Hill is still taking a "now or never" attitude heading into the season. On Monday, Hill told ESPN's Coley Harvey that changes are needed in Cincinnati this season.

"It's been four years in a row and if it doesn't happen this year then it's probably never going to happen," Hill said. "That's the mentality and the sense of urgency that we bring in every day. Something has to change."

To me, that's just him saying that he knows that the team has the talent and he just wants them to have a sense of urgency to put it on the field so they can win as many rings as possible.

What spoke to me most about this article was how he then says that they need to get it done for the city, the team, Mike, and Marvin and the other coaches:

Quote:Hill called the lack of playoff success a "burden."

"For me, it's just a burden that we really need to get lifted from this city, from this team, from this ownership, from this coaching staff and for coach [Marvin] Lewis," Hill said. "It's something that everyone in this locker room really wants to do and it's just about us going out there and doing it. We can talk about it every day. We can say this and say that, but at the end of the day, we've just got to go out there and get it done."

As Hill put it, it's "now or never" for the Bengals this season.

That speaks volumes to him wanting to get the job done for EVERYONE BUT HIMSELF and says that he's going to come in and just be one of the top backs in the league and carry this team to victory. I always say that we would have won the playoff game if he hadn't gotten hurt, and this makes me believe that we'll have a deep playoff run coming this season.

By saying all this, he's taking a leadership role and saying "let's go get it done," which he'll be a top 5 (if not top 3) back in the league this year, and I don't know too many other running backs, especially ones that young, that take on that kind of leadership role.

Sounds amazing that there were "character concerns" with this kid coming out of college and then he throws out comments like that!
Reply/Quote
I remember when I used to get pumped from these articles.
Reply/Quote
Watch Marv not use him now and just resort to an all-passing offense.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKIylGIS2wUZ3_jcVBKj6...g3PHN3Vcfw]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Hill is going to be a great back in the NFL but as I have stated before I hope he is not going to be one of those guys that wants to spend a bunch of time in the media.
Reply/Quote
Hill is right. With all the contracts up in 16, you've got the feeling it's now or never. Besides, I just cant imagine 6 straight playoff trips. We've come a long way but the streak has to come to an end soon. I think we got one more shot at it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 08:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hill is right. With all the contracts up in 16, you've got the feeling it's now or never. Besides, I just cant imagine 6 straight playoff trips. We've come a long way but the streak has to come to an end soon. I think we got one more shot at it.

I don't have any problems predicting 6 (or more) playoff trips.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 08:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hill is right. With all the contracts up in 16, you've got the feeling it's now or never. Besides, I just cant imagine 6 straight playoff trips. We've come a long way but the streak has to come to an end soon. I think we got one more shot at it.

Though I completely disagree with the "one more shot" mantra, I will applaud the outspoken nature about wanting this so badly for the entire organization. I am sick as hell of hearing about it from ESPN, NFL Net, etc. and I don't play of the team. Stupid pot shots like the one from the guy on the Seahawks notwithstanding, it is time this team got a case of the red ass (sorry, Andy) and came out throwing punches and played with some attitude.

Executing a game plan is one thing. Coming out and beating the ever loving shit out of a team like putzburg would show these guys are not playing around. We will see soon enough. But stop being nice. Start being nasty.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 09:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Executing a game plan is one thing.  Coming out and beating the ever loving shit out of a team like putzburg would show these guys are not playing around.  We will see soon enough.  But stop being nice.  Start being nasty.

I feel like this has ALWAYS been our problem. Marvin wants our team to be a group of 'stand up' guys, who are professional. That's all swell and nice off the field, but on the field I want a pack of wild dogs. I want guys running around like Burfict shooting their mouth, instilling fear in the other team. Instead, we let our punter get his jaw broken, put our tails between our legs, and take a beating. Sometimes I think about the verbal lashing I would give our team on the sideline if I was head coach. That is one thing Marvin has never really done, and it is the one thing that I think would actually help put this team over the top. Zimmer always got in the teams face, and that's why the D was so good for so long. Zimmer knows how to get the most out of his players.
Reply/Quote
He's young...I like his fire.

Vets from other teams will use this to fire them up...reminds me of the Chad days calling out DB(s)...as long as he had help he looked like a hero, if he didn't and the opposing team got the best of him, he obviously looked like a chump.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember when he dissed the Browns saying They Weren't a good team even though we lost to them. Big Grin

Than he put a huge a** game against them next game. Tongue
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote

I was thinking the same thing. With Marvins extension done and Andys flexible contract. The team is setup for a coaching change
Reply/Quote
If you're going to talk the talk...................
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 09:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Though I completely disagree with the "one more shot" mantra, I will applaud the outspoken nature about wanting this so badly for the entire organization.  I am sick as hell of hearing about it from ESPN, NFL Net, etc. and I don't play of the team.  Stupid pot shots like the one from the guy on the Seahawks notwithstanding, it is time this team got a case of the red ass (sorry, Andy) and came out throwing punches and played with some attitude.  

Executing a game plan is one thing.  Coming out and beating the ever loving shit out of a team like putzburg would show these guys are not playing around.  We will see soon enough.  But stop being nice.  Start being nasty.
I didn't agree with the one more shot thing in the literal sense, either, but I think he just means it more as "we have all the pieces and we're good enough to do it now, so this is our last chance with this specific group."

He's saying that there's no reason not to do it now, which is huge of him as a leader, so there's no excuses.

That's what I think he's ultimately saying: NO EXCUSES. NO "NEXT YEAR'S OUR YEAR" DO IT NOW
(05-18-2015, 10:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I feel like this has ALWAYS been our problem. Marvin wants our team to be a group of 'stand up' guys, who are professional. That's all swell and nice off the field, but on the field I want a pack of wild dogs. I want guys running around like Burfict shooting their mouth, instilling fear in the other team. Instead, we let our punter get his jaw broken, put our tails between our legs, and take a beating. Sometimes I think about the verbal lashing I would give our team on the sideline if I was head coach. That is one thing Marvin has never really done, and it is the one thing that I think would actually help put this team over the top. Zimmer always got in the teams face, and that's why the D was so good for so long. Zimmer knows how to get the most out of his players.
I think that that's what Hill is bringing to this team- an attitude, a swagger, and a "let's go run down these ************'s throats- mentality.
(05-19-2015, 01:09 PM)BengalD Wrote: If you're going to talk the talk...................
Hill will walk the walk.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 07:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This kid continues to impress me more and more.  He's taking the "Now or Never" mentality into the season, even though it's only his second year:

To me, that's just him saying that he knows that the team has the talent and he just wants them to have a sense of urgency to put it on the field so they can win as many rings as possible.

What spoke to me most about this article was how he then says that they need to get it done for the city, the team, Mike, and Marvin and the other coaches:

That speaks volumes to him wanting to get the job done for EVERYONE BUT HIMSELF and says that he's going to come in and just be one of the top backs in the league and carry this team to victory.  I always say that we would have won the playoff game if he hadn't gotten hurt, and this makes me believe that we'll have a deep playoff run coming this season.  

By saying all this, he's taking a leadership role and saying "let's go get it done," which he'll be a top 5 (if not top 3) back in the league this year, and I don't know too many other running backs, especially ones that young, that take on that kind of leadership role.

Sounds amazing that there were "character concerns" with this kid coming out of college and then he throws out comments like that!

The fact that he took the time to write 32 letters to each organization, shows the maturity that this kid truly has. Some organizations obviously did not take him seriously, but fortunately the Bengals did. I know running back careers are shortened due to the position, and I wonder if he is aware of this fact as well. He has taken a leadership role as you stated, and I am sure he is mentally speeding up the process of his role in this league and in this organization. Does all that make sense? LOL, I am typing all this at work and there is a lot of stuff going on around me. Sorry if it is in any way incoherent.
Reply/Quote
This is definitely a double edged sword from my view. I'm glad to see Hill display some emotion. Even though he got here last year, he seems to have bought into the team's history. So he's ready to help the team, fans, and city get over the hump. We could see an angry Hill punish defenses this year, and that's a pleasant image.

On the other hand, what happens if we don't get it this year? Now or never? That makes it sound like this team is going to implode if they make it. We could see plenty of guys move on to new teams in an attempt to get over the hump, that we can't.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This is definitely a double edged sword from my view. I'm glad to see Hill display some emotion. Even though he got here last year, he seems to have bought into the team's history. So he's ready to help the team, fans, and city get over the hump. We could see an angry Hill punish defenses this year, and that's a pleasant image.

On the other hand, what happens if we don't get it this year? Now or never? That makes it sound like this team is going to implode if they make it. We could see plenty of guys move on to new teams in an attempt to get over the hump, that we can't.

Hill's saying that we will get over the hump this year without a doubt.

We would have last year if we hadn't been riddled with injuries, especially him. If we didn't for some reason, we'ed just come back more hungry next year, but we will win at least one playoff game.

You've gotta have that urgency and emotion in your mind and in your play, which is something that this team has lacked for a long time. Hill is finally bringing it to the backfield to match what AJ brings on the outside, Andy brings from the QB position, and guys like Geno, Burfict, Dre, DD, Dunlap, and whoever else will bring on defense.

Our team needs a swagger and Hill will give it to us because nothing fires up a team like seeing a running back running downhill for chunks of yards and the defense not being able to do a damn thing to stop it!
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 07:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This kid continues to impress me more and more.  He's taking the "Now or Never" mentality into the season, even though it's only his second year:

That speaks volumes to him wanting to get the job done for EVERYONE BUT HIMSELF and says that he's going to come in and just be one of the top backs in the league and carry this team to victory.  I always say that we would have won the playoff game if he hadn't gotten hurt, and this makes me believe that we'll have a deep playoff run coming this season.  

Yo Brad, happy you are here.

I love the urgentness. That is what i thought was so boneheaded about the
extension of Marv. It might of took it away. Happy it has not been lost on my
bro Jeremy Hill. Dude could be the best back in the game in a year or two.
Reply/Quote
Seems like these articles come out every year. Like somebody else mentioned, I used to get excited...
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 10:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I feel like this has ALWAYS been our problem. Marvin wants our team to be a group of 'stand up' guys, who are professional. That's all swell and nice off the field, but on the field I want a pack of wild dogs. I want guys running around like Burfict shooting their mouth, instilling fear in the other team. Instead, we let our punter get his jaw broken, put our tails between our legs, and take a beating. Sometimes I think about the verbal lashing I would give our team on the sideline if I was head coach. That is one thing Marvin has never really done, and it is the one thing that I think would actually help put this team over the top. Zimmer always got in the teams face, and that's why the D was so good for so long. Zimmer knows how to get the most out of his players.

I understand Marvin wants good guys in his locker room. And I agree you want a good locker room. But on the field it is war and the teams that play tough and nasty psychologically hamstring the other team eventually. I feel like Whit plays like that. One of the few on the team to go after the other team if they mess with him or his team mates. He's done that on a number of occasions and it is inspiring.

I agree with the OP. I like Hill's attitude. And I generally appreciate Burfict's attitude (excepting the family jewels or twisting ankles in the pile - unnecessary). I think Dawson and Shaw will be like that, and I hope Hardison is like that too. Intimidation is part of the game. The Superbowl showed that on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote