Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill Says "Now Or Never" For The Team
(05-19-2015, 06:59 PM)Harmening Wrote: Seems like these articles come out every year. Like somebody else mentioned, I used to get excited...

How can you not get excited about this?

Kid has fire, passion, and just a load of excitement.

When was the last time we had a player like that?

When was the last time a player brought this kind of excitement to the offense and was a team-first guy?

When was the last time we had a player that could just take over a game?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 07:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How can you not get excited about this?

Kid has fire, passion, and just a load of excitement.

When was the last time we had a player like that?

When was the last time a player brought this kind of excitement to the offense and was a team-first guy?

When was the last time we had a player that could just take over a game?

About what? Hill? Totally pumped for him.

About the article? Nothing to see but pointless words.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 07:49 PM)Stormborn Wrote: About what? Hill? Totally pumped for him.

Exactly this.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 07:49 PM)Stormborn Wrote: About what? Hill? Totally pumped for him.

(05-19-2015, 08:00 PM)Harmening Wrote: Exactly this.

People always complain about how there's no sense of urgency with Marvin, how this team lacks fire, and how it never really has that "let's go take this" attitude, but Hill's showing it now, and you're not excited?! Not to mention that Hill can play a huge role in getting us there.

It's not pointless words when Hill himself is working his ass off, getting ready, and getting the rest of the team (hopefully) in the "let's go do this now" mentality.

Do you realize that the only game that we lost that Hill had over 12 carries in was the playoff game against the Colts, which we were AJless, so how much can you really count that?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: People always complain about how there's no sense of urgency with Marvin, how this team lacks fire, and how it never really has that "let's go take this" attitude, but Hill's showing it now, and you're not excited?!  Not to mention that Hill can play a huge role in getting us there.  

It's not pointless words when Hill himself is working his ass off, getting ready, and getting the rest of the team (hopefully) in the "let's go do this now" mentality.

Do you realize that the only game that we lost that Hill had over 12 carries in was the playoff game against the Colts, which we were AJless, so how much can you really count that?

We all love Hill.

We have seen this type of article every year. I don't get excited anymore. It has nothing to do with the man himself, but the "all or nothing" cheerleading that occurs every year.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:48 PM)Harmening Wrote: We all love Hill.

We have seen this type of article every year.  I don't get excited anymore.  It has nothing to do with the man himself, but the "all or nothing" cheerleading that occurs every year.

When did we last see this?

When did we last see this from a player that can be as dominant as Hill?
Reply/Quote
Again. What I am saying has nothing to do with Hill. We all are excited about him.
It's the type of article itself that I am referring to. We've seen the now or never articles, the changes will be made articles, etc.
I just don't get excited by them anymore.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 08:13 AM)Harmening Wrote: Again. What I am saying has nothing to do with Hill. We all are excited about him.
It's the type of article itself that I am referring to. We've seen the now or never articles, the changes will be made articles, etc.

BUT WHEN HAS HILL EVER SAID IT?!? NOW IT MEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!!! FORGET THE OTHER 3,000 ARTICLES!!!!!!!

Seriously though, you're arguing with a brick wall.

I know exactly what you and Stormborn are saying, and I completely agree.

I'm pumped beyond belief to see Hill for a full season with a bigger workload.

Not so pumped for this article no matter who said it this time. We've been through this song and dance with different players, coaches, beat writers, fans, etc. etc. We get it, we're going to win a playoff game this year and the urgency is here!......as if they haven't been saying that for the last quarter of a century.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 08:29 AM)djs7685 Wrote: BUT WHEN HAS HILL EVER SAID IT?!? NOW IT MEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!!! FORGET THE OTHER 3,000 ARTICLES!!!!!!!

Not so pumped for this article no matter who said it this time. We've been through this song and dance with different players, coaches, beat writers, fans, etc. etc. We get it, we're going to win a playoff game this year and the urgency is here!......as if they haven't been saying that for the last quarter of a century.

I like the fact that the second year starting RB is saying it. He seems like the type of guy willing to back his words up. If we do win a playoff game, he'll have to play a big role in doing it.

I understand he has to say it. But Hill strikes me as the type of guy who will try to go out and back it up.

Hopefully Hue doesn't decide to bench him for showing some hubris.
Reply/Quote
I think Dalton should be the one making these comments. Until he gets a fire lit under his ass, not much will change.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 09:34 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I like the fact that the second year starting RB is saying it.  He seems like the type of guy willing to back his words up.  If we do win a playoff game, he'll have to play a big role in doing it.

I understand he has to say it.  But Hill strikes me as the type of guy who will try to go out and back it up.  

Hopefully Hue doesn't decide to bench him for showing some hubris.

I'm really excited for Hill and I actually like that he's outspoken in the media. I hope he continues to be a monster RB and also continues to not be afraid to speak his mind.

Some of these quotes just feel so similar to 15 years ago, and 10 years ago, and 5 years ago, and last year, and it goes on and on. We've been hearing it so much, there's a portion of us that aren't going to get too pumped up about the general message he's giving whether it's Hill saying it or Carson or Hobson or ML or Boomer or Barack Obama or Jesus Christ himself.

I hope Hill does go out and do something about it, and I hope the team does play with urgency and they finally win a playoff game. I'm also very excited to see Hill in an expanded role, so I don't want anyone to misinterpret what my feelings are. BUT, literally anybody in the universe could say "The Bengals are going to win it all this year!" and it won't really mean much to me since it's been the same old, same old since I've been following the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 09:39 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think Dalton should be the one making these comments.  Until he gets a fire lit under his ass, not much will change.

I used to get on Andy a lot more for this, but honestly he is what he is. He's the "let's go out there and have some fun" QB. You can tell he's passionate about the game, and you can see that he's trying even when he is playing poorly. I don't think Andy running his mouth to the media or displaying his anger in a different way is going to magically make him throw more accurate passes.

Not every QB is going to have the football attitude of a Tom Brady. Personally, I'd love to have that kind of guy on the team, but I don't think a quarterback NEEDS to be that way to be successful.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 09:47 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I used to get on Andy a lot more for this, but honestly he is what he is. He's the "let's go out there and have some fun" QB. You can tell he's passionate about the game, and you can see that he's trying even when he is playing poorly. I don't think Andy running his mouth to the media or displaying his anger in a different way is going to magically make him throw more accurate passes.

Not every QB is going to have the football attitude of a Tom Brady. Personally, I'd love to have that kind of guy on the team, but I don't think a quarterback NEEDS to be that way to be successful.

Heck, the Manning bros act completely opposite of Tom, the only time they yell is for an audible.
The 2nd overall pick has a quiet demeanor as well.

It's a rare quality for a QB indeed.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 09:47 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I used to get on Andy a lot more for this, but honestly he is what he is. He's the "let's go out there and have some fun" QB. You can tell he's passionate about the game, and you can see that he's trying even when he is playing poorly. I don't think Andy running his mouth to the media or displaying his anger in a different way is going to magically make him throw more accurate passes.

Agreed. Dalton is at his best when he plays hard and keeps his mouth shut. I think the coaches are causing more harm than good when they ask him to be what he is not. The guy has regressed when treated like a school boy ("don't throw any interceptions" and "You need to go out there and win the game for us"). He's not as stupid as they make him - includes both Gruden and Hue.

They need to focus on giving him the tools to develop his pocket presence (awareness & reactions) and not freaking out after his second read. Wyche was right. Drill the crap out of him in those areas till he feels comfortable in the pressure cooker. The guy has skills and is great pre-snap. Asking him to be a vocal leader is pulling the rug under his feet.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 09:41 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm really excited for Hill and I actually like that he's outspoken in the media. I hope he continues to be a monster RB and also continues to not be afraid to speak his mind.

Some of these quotes just feel so similar to 15 years ago, and 10 years ago, and 5 years ago, and last year, and it goes on and on. We've been hearing it so much, there's a portion of us that aren't going to get too pumped up about the general message he's giving whether it's Hill saying it or Carson or Hobson or ML or Boomer or Barack Obama or Jesus Christ himself.

I hope Hill does go out and do something about it, and I hope the team does play with urgency and they finally win a playoff game. I'm also very excited to see Hill in an expanded role, so I don't want anyone to misinterpret what my feelings are. BUT, literally anybody in the universe could say "The Bengals are going to win it all this year!" and it won't really mean much to me since it's been the same old, same old since I've been following the team.

I agree.  At the end of the day they are going to have to prove it on the field.  That's why I can't wait for it to be September already.
Reply/Quote
I blame Marvinball.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 08:13 AM)Harmening Wrote: Again. What I am saying has nothing to do with Hill. We all are excited about him.
When has this type of article been published that directly quotes and gives the mindset of a player that can be the key to victory for us? Marvin may have said things like this, but he's not on the field.

I've heard a few players say "we think we're in a position to be special," or something similar, but has it ever been said by anyone that can have this much of an effect on our success?

Will any of those players touch the ball 25 to 30 times a game and individually dominate a game?
(05-20-2015, 08:29 AM)djs7685 Wrote: BUT WHEN HAS HILL EVER SAID IT?!? NOW IT MEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!!! FORGET THE OTHER 3,000 ARTICLES!!!!!!!

To both of you and anyone else that said something similar: you're all saying it's just empty rhetoric, but when was the last time that a player that looks like he'll be a top back in the league and carry this team said anything like this?

Hill will be the main point of our offense and will force teams to try and stop him, which will leave things wide-open for AJ and anyone else.

Post some of the other 3,000 other articles that are as persuasive or have as much credibility as this one. Be sure to illustrate how the words in those articles aren't just empty rhetoric. Show how the players mentioned and quoted in those articles can have such a big impact on whether or not we win or lose. Please back that up with facts and show how those players were able to take over games and lead us to victory.

The point is that Hill was one of the better (if not the best) backs in the league in the second half of the season last year, dominated teams, and set-us up to win any game because good luck selling-out to stop him while also finding a way to cover AJ (and then our other weapons if you find a way to do that).
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 06:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When has this type of article been published that directly quotes and gives the mindset of a player that can be the key to victory for us?  Marvin may have said things like this, but he's not on the field.

I've heard a few players say "we think we're in a position to be special," or something similar, but has it ever been said by anyone that can have this much of an effect on our success?

Will any of those players touch the ball 25 to 30 times a game and individually dominate a game?

To both of you and anyone else that said something similar: you're all saying it's just empty rhetoric, but when was the last time that a player that looks like he'll be a top back in the league and carry this team said anything like this?

Hill will be the main point of our offense and will force teams to try and stop him, which will leave things wide-open for AJ and anyone else.

Post some of the other 3,000 other articles that are as persuasive or have as much credibility as this one.  Be sure to illustrate how the words in those articles aren't just empty rhetoric.  Show how the players mentioned and quoted in those articles can have such a big impact on whether or not we win or lose.  Please back that up with facts and show how those players were able to take over games and lead us to victory.

The point is that Hill was one of the better (if not the best) backs in the league in the second half of the season last year, dominated teams, and set-us up to win any game because good luck selling-out to stop him while also finding a way to cover AJ (and then our other weapons if you find a way to do that).

LOL

I think it's hilarious that you think it's a huge deal that Hill is saying this. The outcomes of the game will be the same whether Hill claims that "it's now or never!" or "I like fruity pebbles sometimes!" or maybe even "I think it's important to teach our kids to tie their shoes!".

This changes nothing, yet you think it does.

OMG PLZ BACK DAT UP WITH FAX!!! Brad, settle down, you're using a total of zero facts here, so why should we have to provide you with all of this shit that has nothing to do with our argument? Your opinion is that this article actually means more than jackshit. My opinion is that I'm excited for Hill in 2015, but his hopes that we win a playoff game mean as much to me as your hopes, Marvin's wishes, and my bookie's prayers.

None of this is factual, bud. You may want to take a breath and think about this before getting so hyped up just because we disagree that Hill's words in May will change the outcome of a game next January.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 09:39 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think Dalton should be the one making these comments.  Until he gets a fire lit under his ass, not much will change.

I'd rather NOT let him play with fire...he'll either hurt himself, others or wet the bed...or shit the bed on the field in primetime.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 12:36 PM)3wt Wrote: Agreed.  Dalton is at his best when he plays hard and keeps his mouth shut.   I think the coaches are causing more harm than good when they ask him to be what he is not.  The guy has regressed when treated like a school boy ("don't throw any interceptions" and "You need to go out there and win the game for us").  He's not as stupid as they make him - includes both Gruden and Hue.

They need to focus on giving him the tools to develop his pocket presence (awareness & reactions) and not freaking out after his second read.   Wyche was right.  Drill the crap out of him in those areas till he feels comfortable in the pressure cooker.  The guy has skills and is great pre-snap.   Asking him to be a vocal leader is pulling the rug under his feet.

One of the most accurate Dalton posts i have seen. Major reps 3wt. Rock On
Reply/Quote