Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill ranked #5 RB in the NFL
(06-11-2015, 01:19 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: This list should be tough for even the homerist of homers to get on board with.

Tell me why Hill could not be a top 5 RB...
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 10:19 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd be willing to put money on Lynch still looking like the most physically dominant RB in the game this coming season and that Forte puts up a large amount of yards from scrimmage.

McCoy and Murray are tough calls, but if Murray was still behind the Dallas line I'd bet the house on him as well.

Regardless, even if those guys all fall of a cliff...

I still think it's absurd to put a guy that hasn't had 1 yard from scrimmage in the pros at #7. Most QBs don't play well into their late 30's where a lot of the elite guys are right now, and I'd think putting Mariota or Winston in the top 10 would be stupid as well. Rookies don't belong in the top 10 of positional rankings IMO.

Did  you read what crazyj posted?
It's about who you'd build your team around (3+ years) makes perfect sense. 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 02:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Did  you read what crazyj posted?

On the one hand that sort of makes sense, but those types of questions also leave too much room for "what if's" and overemphasis upon potential.  I'm sure in 2012 such a list would Trent Richardson above almost anyone but AP.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 02:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Did  you read what crazyj posted?

Yes and you still have no idea what Gurley brings to the table yet.

Also, guys like McCoy and Lynch probably aren't going to fall off as hard as others may. You can show all of the links you'd like, but these guys aren't your average NFL RB. Is the average NFL QB supposed to be playing at a high level into their late 30's like Brady and Manning? I don't think McCoy and Lynch are going to randomly fall off out of nowhere. Yes, the RB position is different, but these aren't random schlubs we're talking about.

Again to my main point with all of this, IMO rookies shouldn't be in the top 10 of rankings before playing a single snap in the NFL. Hill hasn't played for an entire season, but at least he's played enough snaps to know what kind of RB he is. He's pretty good, so I don't have much issue with him being so high even though I'd probably have him down another couple of spots. Gurley is my big issue with the list, it doesn't make sense whether it's a ranking for 2014, 2015, or a combination of future years. We have NO idea what Gurley is going to do at the NFL level, zero idea, not a clue, we're in the dark. Understand what I'm saying?
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 02:53 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Yes and you still have no idea what Gurley brings to the table yet.

Also, guys like McCoy and Lynch probably aren't going to fall off as hard as others may. You can show all of the links you'd like, but these guys aren't your average NFL RB. Is the average NFL QB supposed to be playing at a high level into their late 30's like Brady and Manning? I don't think McCoy and Lynch are going to randomly fall off out of nowhere. Yes, the RB position is different, but these aren't random schlubs we're talking about.

Again to my main point with all of this, IMO rookies shouldn't be in the top 10 of rankings before playing a single snap in the NFL. Hill hasn't played for an entire season, but at least he's played enough snaps to know what kind of RB he is. He's pretty good, so I don't have much issue with him being so high even though I'd probably have him down another couple of spots. Gurley is my big issue with the list, it doesn't make sense whether it's a ranking for 2014, 2015, or a combination of future years. We have NO idea what Gurley is going to do at the NFL level, zero idea, not a clue, we're in the dark. Understand what I'm saying?

Can't speak for RRL but i getcha.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 02:53 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Yes and you still have no idea what Gurley brings to the table yet.

Looking at RB trends, factoring in age and talent....who would you build your team around at RB?

Given the ACTUAL scenario the post intended on, which is kind of misstated in the title anyways...it makes perfect sense.
He wasn't saying Hill was actually the #5 RB or Gurely was the 7th best. Just that if you were going to build a team, those two he would take over older more heavily worked RBs for the future. 

If Lynch and McCoy out perform Gurely next year but Gurley out performs them the next 3 total, that is what he is getting at.  You are more likely to get production out of Todd Gurley over the next 3 years than RBs with 2000 ish carries and over the age of 30. 
Reply/Quote
RBs who weren't shlubs who fell off after a heavy workload:

Eddie George
Ricky Williams
Jamaal Lewis
Marcus Allen
Emmitt Smith
Michael Turner
Earl Campbell
Curtis Martin
Christian Okoye
Shaun Alexander

some managed to bounce back but for many it was the decline of careers and transition into backup status.

RBs who managed to hold up production a year following heavy workloads:

Eric Dickerson
LaDanian Tomlinson
Walter Payton
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 11:24 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Murray won't be as good without that Dallas line.

Im happy where Hill is ranked.

Don't underestimate that Philly Oline though.
Reply/Quote