Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeremy Hill retires
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-bengals-rb-officially-announces-his-retirement/ar-AA1bE7OZ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=45793b872eea45ed9ce110bf250f43eb&ei=7
Quote:Former Cincinnati Bengals running back Jeremy Hill has announced his retirement from football.

Yes, it’s been a long time since you’ve heard the name Jeremy Hill, so you probably already figured he was retired, but that wasn’t the case.

Hill was a second-round pick by the Bengals in 2014 out of LSU. As a rookie in 2014, Hill had 1,124 rushing yards, nine rushing touchdowns, 27 receptions and 215 receiving yards. The following season, he tied for the NFL lead with 11 rushing touchdowns. Hill rushed for 839 yards and nine touchdowns in 2016, which was his last productive season.

I never understood the hate he received around here for trying to ice a game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-bengals-rb-officially-announces-his-retirement/ar-AA1bE7OZ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=45793b872eea45ed9ce110bf250f43eb&ei=7

He bragged to Bengals fans about winning a title with the Pats...among other things. 

Guy was a grade A douche. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I never understood the hate he received around here for trying to ice a game.

(05-25-2023, 12:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He bragged to Bengals fans about winning a title with the Pats...among other things. 

And why did he do that? 

Was it perhaps some fans were Grade A douches? 

But it appears he recently took the high road:
Jeremy Hill picks Bengals vs. Saints, speaks on Bengals fans (usatoday.com)

Quote:Hill said he’s on the fan side of the football factor now and totally understands any Bengals fans upset with him over the infamous playoff fumble or anything after that:

Quote:“Obviously that game couldn’t have ended any worse, especially for the fans who had been rooting for the Bengals for so long. If they have something they want to say to me, have at it. I have no issues with that. That comes with the game. Seeing the success they had last year, it’s great for the city and great for Joey and Ja’Marr. Look, I pick the Bengals to win the AFC again this year. I would like to see (running back) Joe Mixon get the running game going. I think that’d be a big help.”

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-bengals-rb-officially-announces-his-retirement/ar-AA1bE7OZ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=45793b872eea45ed9ce110bf250f43eb&ei=7

All he had to do to ice the game was get what was there, fall down and hold onto the ball.....which is exactly what Marvin told him to do. He fumbled because he was fighting for unneeded yards. Personally, I'd like to never hear his name again. 
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 12:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He bragged to Bengals fans about winning a title with the Pats...among other things. 

During a season where he played like 30 seconds.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All he had to do to ice the game was get what was there, fall down and hold onto the ball.....which is exactly what Marvin told him to do. He fumbled because he was fighting for unneeded yards. Personally, I'd like to never hear his name again. 

WTH would Marvin risk the handoff exchange is all he wanted someone to do was fall down? 

Reply/Quote
Has he been playing this whole time? If so, for which team?

Edit: I just looked it up. The last stat I could find for him was with NE in 2018. I did see where he signed with the Raiders but no stats.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 12:45 PM)Mer Wrote: Has he been playing this whole time? If so, for which team?

Edit: I just looked it up. The last stat I could find for him was with NE in 2018. I did see where he signed with the Raiders but no stats.

What I am finding is that he last played in the NFL with the Patriots in 2018 where he tore his ACL week 1.

He was with the Raiders for just 2 days in August 2020. (Pre-season)

Then he did local broadcasting in 2021. Then an attempt at the XFL in late 2022. 

Now announcing retirement citing his 2018 ACL tear as a part of his decision to retire.
Reply/Quote

Who?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 12:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTH would Marvin risk the handoff exchange is all he wanted someone to do was fall down? 

It was, literally, Hill's job to carry the ball and hold on to it. 

[Image: e281a180169e1756fd59c99d78373f2a.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I used to be pretty upset at him, but you never know, maybe if we do end up winning that game Marvin hangs on a bit longer, and we miss out on Burrow. It was painful at the time, but without it we may not be where we are now.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 12:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTH would Marvin risk the handoff exchange is all he wanted someone to do was fall down? 

That was what I was screaming for weeks following that game. Why not just kneel it 3 times, take the 3, and you basically have won the game. They would have no TOs, and needed a TD to win with barely any time left. I was more mad at ML than Hill/Burfict/Pac.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 01:16 PM)Garrus Wrote: Honestly, I used to be pretty upset at him, but you never know, maybe if we do end up winning that game Marvin hangs on a bit longer, and we miss out on Burrow. It was painful at the time, but without it we may not be where we are now.

That's a great way to look at it. Silver lining.
Reply/Quote

If that fumble doesn't still haunt you to this day then there is really no sense in pointing out the other side.
Reply/Quote
Wish him well but I rather not hear his name ever again.

I'll never forget being at that game the atmosphere on our way to winning a playoff game and it all crumbling down. The disappointment on my dad's face and the fans around me. It's just a game but Jeremy Hill killed lots of people that day.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Oh the 2014 season... the good feeling, Andy and Green playing well, Jeremy Hill finishing his rookie season with 222 carries for 1,124 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns (the best among the rookies). Unfortunely he will be remembered by that fumble and his off-field issues.
Reply/Quote
He hasn't played a game in the NFL sine 2018. I think the only one who didn't think he was retired was him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 01:18 PM)Garrus Wrote: That was what I was screaming for weeks following that game. Why not just kneel it 3 times, take the 3, and you basically have won the game. They would have no TOs, and needed a TD to win with barely any time left. I was more mad at ML than Hill/Burfict/Pac.
Yeah, I've heard people blame Hill for not "falling down"; to me it's just ludicrous. Why hand off the ball if you didn't want him to run? Why do teams have victory formation? Remember our backup QB was playing in that game, why risk the exchange if your plan is for the RB to just "fall down". I have little doubt that Marvin told him "Get what you can and then get down". There was 1:30 left in the game and we were up by 1 point. I guarantee if Jeremy "falls down", we settle for a FG (or Nugent shanks it) and Pitt comes back and wins the same folks are pissed at Jeremy. Folks were/are just mad we lost and look for a scapegoat. 
(05-25-2023, 01:23 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: If that fumble doesn't still haunt you to this day then there is really no sense in pointing out the other side.
I never said the fumble doesn't haunt me. I just don't blame a 23-year-old kid trying to make a play in the biggest game of his career. I view from an adult's POV. 

Reply/Quote

Are you serious? Alls he had to do to ice the game was not fumble. He could have wrapped up the ball with two hands like your taught- and which is common sense when your only job is to not fumble- and gone down without fighting for more yards, especially when you know the other team will be trying everything to rip it out because that's their only chance at winning.
(05-25-2023, 01:32 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Wish him well but I rather not hear his name ever again.

I'll never forget being at that game the atmosphere on our way to winning a playoff game and it all crumbling down. The disappointment on my dad's face and the fans around me.  It's just a game but Jeremy Hill killed lots of people that day.

Yeah, I'm over it because now we have a hell of a team, but the heartbreak of sitting in that stadium when he fumbled and just crushing every the would-be glory that we had waited for for over two decades is just unforgivable. 

Yes, Marvin probably should have just taken a knee three times, but he didn't and Hill just had to wrap the ball up with two hands like you're taught in your first day of football or just dove to the ground. 
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 02:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I've heard people blame Hill for not "falling down"; to me it's just ludicrous. Why hand off the ball if you didn't want him to run? Why do teams have victory formation? Remember our backup QB was playing in that game, why risk the exchange if your plan is for the RB to just "fall down". I have little doubt that Marvin told him "Get what you can and then get down". There was 1:30 left in the game and we were up by 1 point. I guarantee if Jeremy "falls down", we settle for a FG (or Nugent shanks it) and Pitt comes back and wins the same folks are pissed at Jeremy. Folks were/are just mad we lost and look for a scapegoat. 
I never said the fumble doesn't haunt me. I just don't blame a 23-year-old kid trying to make a play in the biggest game of his career. I view from an adult's POV. 

"Get what is there then go down" means Marvin wanted to close the distance for the field goal, but not risk a fumble fighting for unneeded yardage. It's really not that hard to understand. If it's there, take it, if it's not go down. A kid playing Pee Wee could understand that instruction. 
Reply/Quote