Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeremy Hill to the Patriots.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/974783514439835649?s=19

The much discussed RB has found a new home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Goal line thumper. About as good as he was going to do.
Reply/Quote
They love our rb's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:19 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Goal line thumper. About as good as he was going to do.
He should do well there. He could very well start as I don't think he lacks talent. But the likely situation is that's he's mainly used as you said, "a goal line thumper" , behind James White.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
He is their new Blount

Congrats Jeremy
Reply/Quote
Good for him, not a bad guy or a bad player. A change of scenery is probably what he needs. Of course with Darth Hoodie as his coach he'll probably be a Pro Bowler.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
He'll either get 20 TDs (on like 300 yards) or live on the bench after going into the doghouse for fumbling (which the Patriots don't put up with).

Saw some stupid Patriots bandwagoners going "remember Corey Dillon?" as if there's any possible link between Hill and Dillon other than playing for the same team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Patriots like our RBs.
Reply/Quote
He's not as bad as people make him out to be on here.
Reply/Quote
I have a strong feeling Hill will average over 4 YPC and score a bunch for them. His fumbling issue is long behind him and was exaggerated in the first place. He'll greatly benefit from a real line and no Paul Alexander. I wish him well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:56 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: He's not as bad as people make him out to be on here.

I've never seen a player go from franchise savior to total pariah like Hill did in these parts .
Reply/Quote
Good luck I guess? Still hate the fumble but don’t hate you! Win a SB with an awesome coach.

Reply/Quote
They got both Burkhead and Hill lol
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Patriots like our RBs.

(03-16-2018, 10:38 PM)Trademark Wrote: They got both Burkhead and Hill lol

Don't forget their FB is also an ex-Bengal
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Best wishes to him and believe he got a bad rap because of weak OL.

No hard feelings and is a good back.

But think Mixon is better for us and cheaper presently.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I hope he fumbles away a big Pats playoff win. I know it’s unfair but that’s what I’ll remember him for years from now. Glad he’s gone.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have a strong feeling Hill will average over 4 YPC and score a bunch for them. His fumbling issue is long behind him and was exaggerated in the first place. He'll greatly benefit from a real line and no Paul Alexander. I wish him well.

Yeah, I'm with you. It's tough to run with the ball while also being your own blocker, which is pretty much how Paul Alexander liked to use him.

It's so weird that the players Paul Alexander loved the last 3 or 4 year turned out to be awful blockers.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I hope he fumbles away a big Pats playoff win. I know it’s unfair but that’s what I’ll remember him for years from now. Glad he’s gone.

Time will tell . I recall a few years ago when Steeler fans were laughing because Blount was going to smoke pot and quit on the Pats.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've never seen a player go from franchise savior to total pariah like Hill did in these parts .

Ever see a player give away that long sought after playoff win, figting for yardage we didn't need....... yeah, that's why...
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ever see a player give away that long sought after playoff win, figting for yardage we didn't need....... yeah, that's why...

Who on our team didn't give that game away?  Whatever, Hill is gone now so the next time our QB commits multiple turnovers in the playoffs, our HC refuses to make adjustments, and our defense lays an egg and/or hands the other team a winning FG we'll get that playoff win we are convinced we deserve for some reason.

Again, nuts to Hill and good riddance, but I've always had a hard time taking a 60 minute game and putting it all at the feet of one player on one play.  

Oh, but back to my initial point that I forgot already...the amusing thing was that going into 2015 we were terrified that Hue or Marvin or Dalton would stupidly do ANYTHING other than hand Hill the ball. Jeremy Hill was going to be the centerpiece of our offense and he was going to be that change we needed so badly, so that is what is interesting about it.

THE STRATEGY
going into 2015 - Hand hill the ball. Less passing, less Gio, less Dalton, more Hill. GIVE HILL THE BALL = WIN..it's THAT simple
end of 2015 - Giving Hill the ball was the reason we lost. GIVE HILL THE BALL = LOSE..it's THAT simple
Reply/Quote