Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeremy Hill to the Patriots.
(03-16-2018, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've never seen a player go from franchise savior to total pariah like Hill did in these parts .

This.

Some fans act like they never saw him play his rookie season.  He is much more than a short yardage back.  he can run away from people.
Reply/Quote
You spoke of him being turned into a pariah, I was simply stating why. If he had fumbled trying to get a needed first down, that would be forgivable. He didn't, he was trying to get unneeded yardage even after being told by Lewis "get what you can then just go down". If he doesn't lose that ball trying to be a hero, none of the rest of the meltdown ever happens and we win... =pariah.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ever see a player give away that long sought after playoff win, figting for yardage we didn't need....... yeah, that's why...

Jones and Burfict gave away that game more than Hill.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Jones and Burfict gave away that game more than Hill.

Again, if Hill doesn't fumble trying to get unneeded yardage, Jones and Burfict are on the sidelines cheering.....
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill will find some success I'm NE.Josh Daniels
will find ways to get the most out of him
Zampese and Lazor had really no idea out to get him involved. giving him 2 carries and then sitting him didn't work. having a oline that failed to create holes didn't help matters
he should get about 700 yd rushing and 300 in a expanded role in NE catching the rock.
Reply/Quote
He was excellent as a rookie. He could thunder.

Hill finished his rookie season with 222 carries for 1,124 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns, In addition, Hill accounted for 22 receptions for 215 receiving yards and appeared in a 16 of the Bengals' regular season games while starting nine. He became the first Bengals' rookie to top 1,000 yards rushing since Corey Dillon in 1997. His 1,124 rushing yards was the most among rookies and eighth-most in the NFL. His 5.1 yards per carry average ranked him second among NFL running backs, behind Justin Forsett of the Baltimore Ravens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You spoke of him being turned into a pariah, I was simply stating why. If he had fumbled trying to get a needed first down, that would be forgivable. He didn't, he was trying to get unneeded yardage even after being told by Lewis "get what you can then just go down". If he doesn't lose that ball trying to be a hero, none of the rest of the meltdown ever happens and we win... =pariah.

I get that, I'm not saying he shouldn't be a pariah (well, I think it's a little over the top, but meh) my point is that I've never seen anyone go from "THIS GUY IS THE REASON WE WILL WIN" to "THIS GUY LOST IT ALL FOR US" in the span on one season, that's all.  Going into 2015 I remember being rather skeptical the Bengals were going to be the first team in decades that was resurrected by a RB, but giving Hill the ball 30+ times per game was going to fill our trophy case.  Fast forward and Hill is just getting in the way of Mixon being everything we decided Hill was going to be, but wasn't.

I get it, it's fandom and it's interesting as hell.  I just wish there was a way to go back to the preseason of 2015 and tell all the Bengals fans that giving Jeremy Hill the ball was going to be the reason we lost.  I can't imagine that would have gone over well.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, if Hill doesn't fumble trying to get unneeded yardage, Jones and Burfict are on the sidelines cheering.....

When Hill fumbled we were still in a very good position to win the game.  Ben had a gimpy arm and the Steelers were over 50 yards from FG range.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:04 AM)Goalpost Wrote: He was excellent as a rookie.  He could thunder.

Hill finished his rookie season with 222 carries for 1,124 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns, In addition, Hill accounted for 22 receptions for 215 receiving yards and appeared in a 16 of the Bengals' regular season games while starting nine. He became the first Bengals' rookie to top 1,000 yards rushing since Corey Dillon in 1997. His 1,124 rushing yards was the most among rookies and eighth-most in the NFL. His 5.1 yards per carry average ranked him second among NFL running backs, behind Justin Forsett of the Baltimore Ravens.

And this was with him getting very limited carries early in the season.

I believe he was the #1 rusher in the league over the last half of the season.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, if Hill doesn't fumble trying to get unneeded yardage, Jones and Burfict are on the sidelines cheering.....

And if McCarron doesn't fumble 3 times, throw a pick, and lead the offense to 0 points through 3+ quarters while averaging 4 yards per attempt, Hill would've been celebrating even after the fumble. Woulda coulda shoulda.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Love/Hate

It will be his legacy here.

Get over it.

I think Jeremy was in his own head as much as fans were.

He'll do well with a change scenery like most have said though.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: And if McCarron doesn't fumble 3 times, throw a pick, and lead the offense to 0 points through 3+ quarters while averaging 4 yards per attempt, Hill would've been celebrating even after the fumble. Woulda coulda shoulda.

Interesting how the goodbye Hill thread is so negative but the AJM to Buffalo one is full of well wishes and praise. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:38 PM)Trademark Wrote: They got both Burkhead and Hill lol

(03-16-2018, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't forget their FB is also an ex-Bengal

But none of their O-linemen. Hmm
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't forget their FB is also an ex-Bengal

James Develin, yes. Add in Rex Burkhead, Jeremy Hill, Chad Johnson, and Corey Dillon and the Bengals have officially become the Patriot’ feeder team.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 12:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting how the goodbye Hill thread is so negative but the AJM to Buffalo one is full of well wishes and praise. 

Like they say, backup QB is always the most popular player on the team.

It's funny, Hill accounted for 40 yards and a TD in the 4th quarter, and without him there is no come back. But Mac is somehow the hero and Hill is the goat.

Whatevs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The fumble was bad but Bengals fans won't let that one go they just love to talk bad about him. Hope he gets more respect with his next team.hes not a bad guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 12:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting how the goodbye Hill thread is so negative but the AJM to Buffalo one is full of well wishes and praise. 
I've never been against hill( or McCarron for that matter), McCarron never had the chance to fall from grace.

But enough of that, this play is my favorite hill play and hopefully he can have more success in his future.

https://youtu.be/y-ZCQMaJzi0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 12:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like they say, backup QB is always the most popular player on the team.

It's funny, Hill accounted for 40 yards and a TD in the 4th quarter, and without him there is no come back. But Mac is somehow the hero and Hill is the goat.

Whatevs.

The fumble sucked, no denying, but what really irked me about the playoff loss was the defense letting Ben hit the obvious WR he wanted to hit and march down the field and THEN get enough penalties to make the game-winning FG as attainable as possible for the opponent.  The reason I put more of it on the defense is because  our shot at a first round bye was lost when the defense did the same thing in AZ.

Our offense fails to put the game away (in AZ we blew it because we didn't run it and against PIT we blew it because we DID run it), their QB (Palmer/Ben) hits the obvious WR (Fitzgerald/Brown) multiple times to go down the field, we commit enough penalties to get them in FG range, they kick the FG, game over, we shoulda won blah blah blah.  Maybe if the defense did this exact thing 3 times during the 2015 season we'd finally see the pattern?  Oh well, see ya in hell Hill.  Good luck winning anything with that crappy Patriots franchise!
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill is this generation's Lewis Billups to many on this board. Personally I hold/held no ill feelings toward either. They were both trying to make a play and win us a game. Billups making a great play and jumping a Montana to Taylor and Hill had us a game ending first down and was fighting for positive yards.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jeremy Hill is this generation's Lewis Billups to many on this board. Personally I hold/held no ill feelings toward either. They were both trying to make a play and win us a game. Billups making a great play and jumping a Montana to Taylor and Hill had us a game ending first down and was fighting for positive yards.

Billups was a big douche. He is dead now because of his douchebaggery. 

Hill owned up to his mistake and did/said the right things. I have no ill will towards him at all and wish him luck. 
Reply/Quote