Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeremy Hill to the Patriots.
(03-17-2018, 12:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The fumble sucked, no denying, but what really irked me about the playoff loss was the defense letting Ben hit the obvious WR he wanted to hit and march down the field and THEN get enough penalties to make the game-winning FG as attainable as possible for the opponent.  The reason I put more of it on the defense is because  our shot at a first round bye was lost when the defense did the same thing in AZ.

Our offense fails to put the game away (in AZ we blew it because we didn't run it and against PIT we blew it because we DID run it), their QB (Palmer/Ben) hits the obvious WR (Fitzgerald/Brown) multiple times to go down the field, we commit enough penalties to get them in FG range, they kick the FG, game over, we shoulda won blah blah blah.  Maybe if the defense did this exact thing 3 times during the 2015 season we'd finally see the pattern?  Oh well, see ya in hell Hill.  Good luck winning anything with that crappy Patriots franchise!

The fumble did suck, but I've never understood blaming losses on 1 play. If Mac doesn't kill 3 drives with 3 fumbles or have 2 turnovers that led to 6 points for the Shitstains, maybe we still win. Maybe if Burfict and Pacman don't lose composure, we still win. It's never just 1 play, and pinning it all on Hill is kinda silly IMO. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 04:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The fumble did suck, but I've never understood blaming losses on 1 play. If Mac doesn't kill 3 drives with 3 fumbles or have 2 turnovers that led to 6 points for the Shitstains, maybe we still win. Maybe if Burfict and Pacman don't lose composure, we still win. It's never just 1 play, and pinning it all on Hill is kinda silly IMO. 

Well to bfair to Mac; he had our best playoff game at QB since Boomer Esiason, but yeah, blaming Hill is silly.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 02:05 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Billups was a big douche. He is dead now because of his douchebaggery. 

Hill owned up to his mistake and did/said the right things. I have no ill will towards him at all and wish him luck. 

Damn you even bash him when he's dead
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 04:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The fumble did suck, but I've never understood blaming losses on 1 play. If Mac doesn't kill 3 drives with 3 fumbles or have 2 turnovers that led to 6 points for the Shitstains, maybe we still win. Maybe if Burfict and Pacman don't lose composure, we still win. It's never just 1 play, and pinning it all on Hill is kinda silly IMO. 

If Hill doesn't fumble the ball, is this an issue?

(03-17-2018, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to bfair to Mac; he had our best playoff game at QB since Boomer Esiason, but yeah, blaming Hill is silly.  

bengalsturntup926
(03-17-2018, 06:45 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Damn you even bash him when he's dead

Douchebaggery is douchebaggery.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 07:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If Hill doesn't fumble the ball, is this an issue?

If McCarron doesn't fumble away the Denver game are we even playing the Steelers in the wild card round?  Just how deep does the rabbit hole go?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 07:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If McCarron doesn't fumble away the Denver game are we even playing the Steelers in the wild card round?  Just how deep does the rabbit hole go?

If Paul pulls out in November of 1934, is this an issue?

That's how deep.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 07:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If McCarron doesn't fumble away the Denver game are we even playing the Steelers in the wild card round?  Just how deep does the rabbit hole go?

(03-17-2018, 08:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If Paul pulls out in November of 1934, is this an issue?

That's how deep.

Hilarious  Reason why I love this board!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote:
Well to bfair to Mac; he had our best playoff game at QB since Boomer Esiason
, but yeah, blaming Hill is silly.  

Not saying much.

(03-17-2018, 08:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If Paul pulls out in November of 1934, is this an issue?

That's how deep.

They had condoms back then, right? I think they were made of sheep skin, but still.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I do like hill, but I place that playoff loss directly on his shoulders
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 02:14 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: I do like hill, but I place that playoff loss directly on his shoulders

It was the beginning of the end that's for sure...

[Image: China-Escalator-Fail-Shoppers-fall-like-...ection.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to bfair to Mac; he had our best playoff game at QB since Boomer Esiason,

I disagree.  I'd take 334 yds, and a 67.0 rating over 212 yds and a 68.3 rating.

Especially when you factor in Dalton rushing for 26 yards and only losing 8 yards on sacks compared to McCarron rushing for 9 yards and losing 24 on sacks.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I disagree.  I'd take 334 yds, and a 67.0 rating over 212 yds and a 68.3 rating.

Especially when you factor in Dalton rushing for 26 yards and only losing 8 yards on sacks compared to McCarron rushing for 9 yards and losing 24 on sacks.

I'll take the higher rating and closer game against the better opponent, and how refreshing that someone else blames sacks on the QB; but nothing wrong with disagreeing. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Thinking about the fumble, imagine had he just rolled over and  not tried for the extra yardage plenty of folks would have been crying that he didn't even try . In my mind it was the fumble and not the extra effort that was the problem. I congratulate the effort. The fumble was the problem, not the effort . How DARE he try to do his job ! Lacking the fumble that run was great effort..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: Thinking about the fumble, imagine had he just rolled over and  not tried for the extra yardage plenty of folks would have been crying that he didn't even try . In my mind it was the fumble and not the extra effort that was the problem. I congratulate the effort. The fumble was the problem, not the effort . How DARE he try to do his job ! Lacking the fumble that run was great effort..  

Is not holding onto the football considered effort and someone's job?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:56 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: He's not as bad as people make him out to be on here.

Agreed, and I can't help but think he still has something in him as a RB but our line sucked Rhinoceros balls.  However, he doesn't play teams, and he isn't much in pass pro himself, nor much of a receiver.  If Hoodie can coach all those things in to him, then he earns the performance he would get.  
Reply/Quote
Go get that ring young man.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hill will rush for 1000 yards for the Pats this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:16 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/974783514439835649?s=19

The much discussed RB has found a new home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

[Image: Lil-Jon-Okay-lol-38594234-400-400.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin just should have surrendered when Hill fumbled the ball. I know we all did.
Reply/Quote

That's how deep.

/end thread. LMAO

Good luck to Jeremy, hard to do much with Russell Bodine shoved into your face most downs, then cut back outside to see Ced O staring at you just before his man crushes you. Mellow

I liked the way he manned up about that fumble.....it sucked, but he stood tall, and took it like a man.  He ran his ass off that game.  He wound up a disappointment, but I think the switch to NE will do him good.  I expect a nice season from him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote